Sign in to follow this  
aja540i

local vs international suppliers

Wow. Some people just have to win every argument don't they?

Anyway, first things are first - not everything from China is rubbish. It's an unreasonable generalisation and just a little bit racist.

But I agree with the predominant sentiment in this thread and one thing in particular irks me - even if you do buy from a NZ source you (read: I) often find that any warranty coverage can't be fulfilled by the NZ "distributor" because they're not an actual agent for the original supplier! They're just acting as a freight forwarder and have no liability. You return a faulty part to them but can't get a resolution until they return it to their supplier and get a resolution from them. Hell no! That's what I pay a margin for, value add, not just pushing product.

Next time you consider a NZ supplier ask how they deal with warranty returns - you should always have two options, immediate replacement (i.e. they stock them) or immediate refund. And you should normally have both options. Anything less and you should just get it online and act as your own middle man.

Edited by M3AN

Quick update, carb kit arrived today, 6 days from the UK, is exactly what i ordered, and looks to be very reasonable quality.

• Like 2

Wow. Some people just have to win every argument don't they?

Anyway, first things are first - not everything from China is rubbish. It's an unreasonable generalisation and just a little bit racist.

But I agree with the predominant sentiment in this thread and one thing in particular irks me - even if you do buy from a NZ source you (read: I) often find that any warranty coverage can't be fulfilled by the NZ "distributor" because they're not an actual agent for the original supplier! They're just acting as a freight forwarder and have no liability. You return a faulty part to them but can't get a resolution until they return it to their supplier and get a resolution from them. Hell no! That's what I pay a margin for, value add, not just pushing product.

Next time you consider a NZ supplier ask how they deal with warranty returns - you should always have two options, immediate replacement (i.e. they stock them) or immediate refund. And you should normally have both options. Anything less and you should just get it online and act as your own middle man.

Yeah Troy would go for this one wouldn't you mate, double or triple order everything just in case you have a warranty issue and you want to replace it when the customer brings it back after hammering it in with a sledge hammer despite the instructions saying it must be pressed in,.

Come to think of it why don't we just give them the part and if they like it they can pay for it and lets take a leaf out of Fonterras book and offer them 90 days credit on the one off weirdo part no-one else will EVER want. Or even two of them that way they don't have to come back for the underwarranty replacement when they have wrecked the first one.

Consumer gaurantees act covers all of this reasonably well for both sides and provided you do a bit of homework you can usually get a reasonable outcome.

More ramblings from a womble.

• Like 1

It was a piss take on the comment in the last line of the quote: "You should always have two options, immediate replacement (i.e. they stock them) or immediate refund" .

sadly you appear to have missed this, can't entertain all.

It was a piss take on the comment in the last line of the quote: "You should always have two options, immediate replacement (i.e. they stock them) or immediate refund" .

sadly you appear to have missed this, can't entertain all.

You probably shouldn't have quoted the whole post then Ron. I also had no idea what you were talking about.

You missed the part in my post, even though you quoted it, that I was talking about non-official agents.

I really think you need to read things a little more slowly. Might help with comprehension which is important when you're the type to fire from the hip.

I think the epoxy fumes are getting to him.

• Like 1

Dave, I didn't miss the point I got the post in its' entirety, I just ignored it because the invitation to challenge the use of the word "immediate" in the context it was used and the overall post just got the better of my sense of humour so I figured it was worth a lash for the responses; which to date are disappointing - no wit, no repartee, no humour, no entertainment.

Back to Rodrigo and the couch then cos I have no new parts for the Saab or the Bmw's and I have spent the hifi budget.

Good of you to finally admit trolling Ron. Props.

• Like 2

More ramblings from a womble.

I think the epoxy fumes are getting to him.

thank you for your erudite contributions to this thread, Troy. Can you review and consider your posts as worthwhile, elevating discourse, encouraging understanding and discussion? Or are you merely flinging mud?

regards

thank you for your erudite contributions to this thread, Troy. Can you review and consider your posts as worthwhile, elevating discourse, encouraging understanding and discussion? Or are you merely flinging mud?

regards

Flinging sh*t, just like Ron and everyone else here.

If you've nothing positive to contribute, it's better to say nothing, Troy.

ok thats enough.

• Like 1