Sign in to follow this  
Goffy

Passionate car nut and first BMW!

Greetings guys i am a very proud owner of a E46 330I 2002.

NZ new with around 100K on the clock and luckily has been really well looked after and serviced.

i have made a video (owner review) of the car and have put it on my youtube channel.

The video says it all really. I have never owned a car that has combined handling luxury, performance quite like this car does!

I am loving it. I have my wife to thank for suggesting we take out a pretty red 320I out for a test drive when i was looking for a new car as i wouldn't have even considered one!

Once i drove it i couldn't believe the smoothness and handling of the car. i felt it went ok but was looking for a bit more in the way of performance so i started to look for 325's as a workmate has one and loves it. i looked at the specs and fuel economy of the 325 and 330 and there didn't seem to be a lot in it but the 3 litre seemed to go a lot better (on paper)

the rest is history.

If you are interested my video is here:

no doubt there are some accuracy problems in this but was done to the best of my (biased) ability! Any suggestions on how i can make it better is all good.

I am hoping i can get to drive and review my bosses M3 E46 soon.

i may never want to go back after that!

thanks guys great web site and lots of really helpful information!

• Like 1

Lucky you, now you too can experience others who, never having owned a BMW, will come up with things like- "Oh, those cars always break" or "They cost heaps to fix" or,my favourite-" I know someone who bought a 318 and it blew a head gasket."

Enjoy the addiction!

• Like 2

Thats awesome! And yes i have had that multiple times. My HR guy at work was telling me how his mate had bought a 318 for his son and after 3 weeks was ready to take it to the dump! And "its a BMW, it will blow up in no time...." type stuff!

As soon as people know you have a BMW it seems to galvanize people a bit doesn't it? :lol:

Welcome Graham - haven't driven a 330i myself and will check out your video :)

Great car to have over your way. Castlepoint drive would be excellent as would back roads for a Martinborugh for a coffee.

Enjoy !