Sign in to follow this  
Preey

FS 2003 330i E46

12 minutes ago, EUROHO said:

been reading these comments on what the vehicle is worth and I am in agreement with most of you guys! A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I just picked up a one owner NZ new 03 330i with 67 kms on it with full Jerry Clayton service history and even preventative maintenance items done for only $4.5 k. It is also non m sport with full leather interior in black and black exterior as well. Previous owner was an over the top person so he got paint protection done etc and Pirelli tyres just a month ago So I feel 8 k is way too much for this vehicle given the kms and spec. 

Well seems you are all right, my car is worth peanuts. It is now off the market. I'd rather wreck it than sell for $4500.

They are obviously crap and don't know why anyone would buy one?

Better off with a Toyota, at least they hold their value.

BMW enthusiasts indeed!

40 minutes ago, EUROHO said:

been reading these comments on what the vehicle is worth and I am in agreement with most of you guys! A car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I just picked up a one owner NZ new 03 330i with 67 kms on it with full Jerry Clayton service history and even preventative maintenance items done for only $4.5 k. It is also non m sport with full leather interior in black and black exterior as well. Previous owner was an over the top person so he got paint protection done etc and Pirelli tyres just a month ago So I feel 8 k is way too much for this vehicle given the kms and spec. 

But aren't you the "thrash" driver that posted before?

I don't believe you bought a one owner 330i in the condition you state for $4500. If you did the seller must be a fool.

Post some pics of your car if you are genuine?

15 minutes ago, Preey said:

"pay attention 007!".  SJ has picked up a 330i at a good market price.  Colin is the self-confessed thrash driver.

16 minutes ago, Preey said:

I don't believe you bought a one owner 330i in the condition you state for $4500. If you did the seller must be a fool.

And here's the question of perspective. The vendor of SJ's new car sold something he wanted to sell, for what the market was prepared to pay.  Would he have been a fool for holding out for (say) $9000, a price the market was not prepared to stand?  Who's the fool here?!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Preey said:

Post some pics of your car if you are genuine?

No I am not the thrash driver that posted before. Sorry to burst your bubble but it seems you are living in a fantasy world bud. I actually have a workshop and I am mechanic myself who works on mostly BMW's so I can tell you that you are being absolutely foolish. Please get some common sense someday soon and stop accusing people of being things they are not on an internet forum when people are clearly trying to help you here. We aren't in your position but still offer expert advice only to be faced with a person who is clearly delusional 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Preey said:

Well seems you are all right, my car is worth peanuts. It is now off the market. I'd rather wreck it than sell for $4500.

This action has been described over the centuries as "cutting one's nose of to spite one's face".

47 minutes ago, Preey said:

They are obviously crap and don't know why anyone would buy one?

Better off with a Toyota, at least they hold their value.

BMW enthusiasts indeed!

You are of course entitled to your opinion.   I would suggest there are many here who won't share your perspective.

An expectation of owning an car - and not losing money on it - either comes from a very different time (such as new zealand in the 1970's), or a very different market.   Try buying a $25,000 Toyota Signature Class car that originated in Japan used, and tell us how much you get for it in three years time.  If you get $12k you'll be doing well.  What will you say about Toyota then?

Hopefully you'll try a different lens and find a happy sale.  You're leaving the country, need to quit your car, and could do better for the environment than wrecking your e46.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Olaf said:

"pay attention 007!".  SJ has picked up a 330i at a good market price.  Colin is the self-confessed thrash driver.

And here's the question of perspective. The vendor of SJ's new car sold something he wanted to sell, for what the market was prepared to pay.  Would he have been a fool for holding out for (say) $9000, a price the market was not prepared to stand?  Who's the fool here?!

yes Olaf my vendor was placed in the position of having to go overseas and said he wanted 4500 for it. I jumped at the opportunity given it's condition. He only came to me for his WOF's 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EUROHO said:

No I am not the thrash driver that posted before. Sorry to burst your bubble but it seems you are living in a fantasy world bud. I actually have a workshop and I am mechanic myself who works on mostly BMW's so I can tell you that you are being absolutely foolish. Please get some common sense someday soon and stop accusing people of being things they are not on an internet forum when people are clearly trying to help you here. We aren't in your position but still offer expert advice only to be faced with a person who is clearly delusional 

One owner, 67,000klms in 14 years, sounds suspicious. But I won't resort to your personal attacks.

Your post is not about helping me, but clearly to devalue my car.

Enjoy! 

• Like 1

Just now, SmithyInWelly said:

This reads like an episode of Pawn Stars.

(and to be clear, that's not a good thing :D)

but the guy selling the baseball cards doesn't usually threaten to burn the cards or blow up the model plane, right? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Preey said:

One owner, 67,000klms in 14 years, sounds suspicious. But I won't resort to your personal attacks.

Enjoy! 

not trying to devalue your vehicle. my client was a 67 year old man who only used it occasionally due to working from home until his recent retirement and now he is off to live the rest of his days in Switzerland with the rest of his family. Clearly you aren't open to advice but hey you can't squeeze water out of a stone 

good luck 

Just now, Olaf said:

but the guy selling the baseball cards doesn't usually threaten to burn the cards or blow up the model plane, right? 

What I do with my property is none of your concern, you and the rest are enjoying this debate about MY car

None of you offered any constructive advice until I decided to wreck it instead of selling it cheap.

Thanks for your help and advice.

Just now, Preey said:

Enjoy! 

Preey, for your wealth of posts on this forum, you're in no position to make judgements on the behaviours and motives of those in this community.  These guys are - to a tee - very, very helpful.  

Frankly the hostility of your posts in this thread are concerning, and you come off as a troll.  

Relocating countries can be a stressful time, and stress can bring out irrational behaviours.  Hopefully the rest of your plans won't see you flaring up and lashing out at people who are trying to help you, at whichever point of your journey you're on.

Best thing you can do now is put your $8000 on the car and take it to a car fair or park it wherever everyone parks their cars to sell these days.  Do have a plan B though, as you can't put it in the overhead locker when you leave.

I'll not be responding to your posts any further, I wish you the best of luck.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Preey said:

What I do with my property is none of your concern, you and the rest are enjoying this debate about MY car

None of you offered any constructive advice until I decided to wreck it instead of selling it cheap.

Thanks for your help and advice.

If I read correctly, every member that replied to your thread offered constructive advice. You are just being too pig headed to take it my friend.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, EUROHO said:

Damn that's a lot of car for the money, BMWs can be such a bargain!

• Like 3

Most of the guys here know a thing or two about selling such vehicles. You have a lovely car, and i hope it sells well, but take into consideration all of the above, be realistic in the market if you want to sell it at all. At the end of the day, the ultimate deciding factor is what is someone willing to pay? So simply adjust the price with the market and make the sale happen, glws! We're here to help as a community for BMW enthusiasts, not to derail the post for you. ? .

7 minutes ago, E36_Turbo said:

Most of the guys here know a thing or two about selling such vehicles. You have a lovely car, and i hope it sells well, but take into consideration all of the above, be realistic in the market if you want to sell it at all. At the end of the day, the ultimate deciding factor is what is someone willing to pay? So simply adjust the price with the market and make the sale happen, glws! We're here to help as a community for BMW enthusiasts, not to derail the post for you. ? .

Thanks for your encouragement, the post seems to have gotten out of hand. And unfortunately has already been derailed.

I posted the car for sale at what I thought it was worth, obviously i am way out on my evaluation. So lets leave it at that it has only created aggravation for me..