dirtydoogle

E39 ABS unit testing in nz

6 posts in this topic

Is anyone capable of testing an ABS unit for me? 

Have been given a 2000 520, m52tu. 

Car had a brand new ABS module installed and coded, yet has not fixed the issue (this was before me, I am not aware of the original fault codes) 

I have scanned on INPA using tiny ADS interface. It is showing two valving codes. 

Is there a standard test to run on the valve bodies? I am aware it isn't the first time a Singapore imsport was horrible to fix ;)

20170912_183448.jpg

New module or S/H?  New unit unlikely to be faulty

If new - did it initially fix the issue? If not  - it must have been miss diagnosed

If S/H it could still be a faulty unit. They can fail in multiple ways - no fault codes, incorrect code, or a book of incorrect codes. Have seen them all.

Power Stop in Tauranga can test/ repair the modules

Is there an "activate" option that will exercise the unit.  Had a sticking valve on a ABS unit in a E36/7.  Activating it a couple of times cleared the fault.

Have tried activating but nobody home, I'll give it a few more goes and bleed the system incase there is poo in a valve 

New unit, not s/h 
I do not know what codes the old unit had sadly, but I do think it may have just been a non-communicating one 
Before I was given this beast it had been to the local dealership for coding, but they could not find the fault with it, so I am told. 

I'm a wee bit concerned that perhaps this new unit has been dropped or something of the sort  

1 person likes this

ADS might not be able to communicate with it fully? INPA might be a better bet (there you go, two pie in the sky speculations to keep you awake at night with)

Pretty sure it was Power Stop in Tauranga sorted out my 530i module when it failed. They see lots of of these with all sorts of problems

I'm using the ADS interface cable with INPA, the standard k-dcan cable I have won't communicate with the car at all 
The ADS interface communicates with everything else so far and does pull the ABS/ASC up

Will be a bugger if it's a faulty new unit! But also not unheard of