Sign in to follow this  
Matt

WTB: 130i LCI manual

Hi all, looking to get back into a BMW after a recent string of VWs. Pretty set on a manual 130i, and would prefer a 2007+ Facelift (LCI) one. Open to any colour except black (blue or grey preferred) and budget $15k-ish could go a little more for the right one. Also ideally would be on the lower side of mileage, less than 100kms definitely preferable but open to more if in good nick and with good maintenance history. Hopefully that’s not being too picky!! Let me know what’s out there...

cheers,

Matt

On 4/6/2019 at 8:48 PM, Matt said:

Hi all, looking to get back into a BMW after a recent string of VWs. Pretty set on a manual 130i, and would prefer a 2007+ Facelift (LCI) one. Open to any colour except black (blue or grey preferred) and budget $15k-ish could go a little more for the right one. Also ideally would be on the lower side of mileage, less than 100kms definitely preferable but open to more if in good nick and with good maintenance history. Hopefully that’s not being too picky!! Let me know what’s out there...

cheers,

Matt

I'm sure you have seen it in the Trade Me discussions, but I'm selling my non-Manual but Flappy Paddle MSport equipmented 130i faceflift model. I too would have prefered a manual but my other half cant drive one. This is the only car Ive actively wanted to use and enjoyed the Paddle Shifters though, they work great. Car is LeMan's blue and running great, more KM but way cheaper than your budget..

Yeah I had seen that. Got my heart set on a manual though and definitely willing to pay extra for manual and low k’s together. 

• Like 1

It seems that was just a UK thing. All the LCI ones I have looked at here still had the hydraulic steering too, check some engine bay photos, the reservoir is there! That’s pretty much what has sold me on getting an LCI because you can get the best of everything!

53 minutes ago, Blackie said:

2006 had non electric steering. Reason enough to go earlier model 

Not that I looked into it at all, but my 2007 130i has real chunky, heavy sports steering. My 2006 550i on the other hard has steering so light that moving your eyes nearly veers the car into the other lane.  So I would say too that its not a blanked rule. 

Yup was an option, the majority of LCIs seem to have it though? (well those Ive paid attention to) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kodachrome said:

Not that I looked into it at all, but my 2007 130i has real chunky, heavy sports steering. My 2006 550i on the other hard has steering so light that moving your eyes nearly veers the car into the other lane.  So I would say too that its not a blanked rule. 

Yeah, completely different cars there tho designed for different purposes. In my experience its an option that the majority seem to have. Maybe your 130i lci isnt fully optioned? It looks to have smaller wheels than 18s?

4 hours ago, Blackie said:

Yeah, completely different cars there tho designed for different purposes. In my experience its an option that the majority seem to have. Maybe your 130i lci isnt fully optioned? It looks to have smaller wheels than 18s?

Mine is a Jap import, perhaps thats a difference. Quick google suggests Active Steering is indeed an option, but electric assist isnt. I have no idea now which mine has, but the my 5 series has Active Steering optioned and the 130i doesnt and its much superior IMO.

Edited by Kodachrome