Sign in to follow this  
m325i

Gamers?

As the laucnh fo PS3 is coming, just wondering how many console gamers are out there/on here?

What's your console of choice?

Are you into 'the scene'/modding?

I'm a big Nintendo fan.

Who's gonna be picking up a PS3?

Personally I'd advise goig for a "Wii60", but then you can't play Riiiiiiiidge Raaaaaacer i suppose.

Used to be hardout into Nintendo, back in the N64 days. But have a PS2 now, just have all the common titles like GTA, GT4, NFSU 2, love all of them, but my favourite has to be Final Fanstasy... I've got FFVII, FFIX and FFX, will be buying FFXII soon. As for the PS3, gonna wait for the price to drop a little and some big name games to arrive.

I've got all the Nintendo Consoles and Playstation too.

Not going to rush out and buy a PS3 though.

The Wii is the way to go.

I've got a PS One, chipped PS2, chipped Xbox and a Xbox 360.

The PS2 and Xbox get the most use...loads of games. I'll only be looking to get a PS3 if some decent games are released.

The PS2 or the Xbox will then go into the car.....the Wii is just a passing gimmick..I dont see it lasting too long.

PC - Logitech G25 wheel/pedals. GTR2 or GT Legends - sorted. Best car gaming ever (what other games are there?)

I used to like Playstation. But now what are the games? Ridge Racer 7, Tekken 5, GT 5 etc. Its the same game as on PS1, but with better GFX. And even then you need an HD screen (which i dont have). I get bored after 10 minutes of playing.

Wii on the other hand may not have amazing GFX, but its fun. I crack up hard out. Wii sports is awesome. If you havent played it, i suggest you try it.

Nintendo does lack a driving Sim though.

I have:

GameBoy

GameBoy Advance (micro) with EZ flash 3

DS - With SuperCard microSD

Wii - with Wiikey

I sold my PSP and got a DS and havent looked back.

Just sold my PS2 with games to someone up in Auckland. Maybe a ps3 in a couple of years time. My MBP keeps me entertained anyway.

First had a Nintendo 64, then a PS1, now a Xbox 360.

Xbox 360 is the one i'd choose out of all the consoles out or coming out at the moment.

And don't forget 360 has HALO 3.

Xbox has the better games IMO, but i'm sure that will change as more PS3 games come out.

And I don't get the point of the blu-ray discs, and it doesn't support PS2 games. <<<(I think, correct me if i'm wrong)

And I am a big Sony fan so its not like I don't like Sony.

Wii's are for those who don't know concoles and think its cool because of the gimmiks.

PS3 is kinda sh*t, compared to what xbox will rbing out next.

From memory, sony go on consoles.

Xbox go on games, and we play for the games, not the consoles.

ps2's are quite cheap, i might get one for a car dvd player.

i've never owned any sort of gaming thing. (except computer)

but have recently got sega games on my computer...., alex the kid, wonder boy, and some others.

and about two days ago i got couple of dos games..., COMMANDER KEEN, and micromachines.

by far the easiest way to waste time ^_^

Nostalgic games for the win, add trolls to that list. I've got an original NES too, super mario bros is always worth a replay.

I went and splashed out on a PS3 and love it.

Any others here and we can have a game online...

What games?

Personally I can't see the appeal, save the Blu Ray player.

What games?

Personally I can't see the appeal, save the Blu Ray player.

Just Motorstorm and virtual fighter 5 atm

What do u mean?

Just Motorstorm and virtual fighter 5 atm

What do u mean?

VF5 would be sweet.

I dunno, the games are pretty boring. Its the same thing as PS1. Nintendo seems to be adding something extra.

I just have more fun playing Nintendo games.

Guest Denny Crane

i've never owned any sort of gaming thing. (except computer)

but have recently got sega games on my computer...., alex the kid, wonder boy, and some others.

and about two days ago i got couple of dos games..., COMMANDER KEEN, and micromachines.

by far the easiest way to waste time ^_^

Omg please send that to me

yea sweet.

pm me your email. (and if anyone else wants it pm me aswell.)

Haha, I just remebered how addictive that game is and all the little items and everything...I could even get away with playing that at work...emailed

couldn't attach it on an email.

link to site.

(you might need to get the DOS emulater, theres a link under every keen page)

Edited by antony

yea, i had a psone, have a ps2 and got me a ps3 (it was my bday in march :D made it nice and cheap for me) not to many great games on release, but its f**kin insane what there is, resistance is the best game out yet, its worth every cent, ESPECIALLY online, and blue ray, for those who didnt get it, is just a bigger capacity disc, dvd's hold a maximum of 8gigs at the moment, blue ray has capacities of up to 30ish gigs at the moment, and thirdly, blue ray laser is just like a better camera lense, it focuses 10x better, reads faster and is able to transfer data quicker... and for ps2 and ps1 support, its there, just limited at the moment, as the ps3 fucntions with firmware upgrades, as it goes along, new updates get released which upgrades it to expand backwards compatibility, now that my neeeerrdding.. wwaahhooiii is over,

never been a fan of nintendo, but like the wii, dont own, have every final fantasy made except 3. (never made onto ps).

Edited by QuickSilver

I played PS3 in Bond & Bond the other day and i'll just say that the Formula 1 '07 game is fantastic. Probably because i'm a fan of BMW Sauber. But it was great.

Is it just me or does the PS3 look like a sandwich press, and its HUGE. IMO

No doubt its a fantastic machine.

yea mate, does look like a sandwich machine haha, didnt think of that before, wish it could cook eggs tho...