Sign in to follow this  
QuickSilver

Accident in Tauranga.

Arrrrrrgh its the downfall of society all over again!!!!!

Well looks like the government took the suggestion of compulsory third party insurance lol, wonder if it will actually be put through, their creating another problem for themselves seeing as no one will get the insurance and ONTOP of policing "boy racers" they'll have to police not having insurance, bah.

I'd like to point out that the Police Dept don't have insurance,

They'd be setting a good example straight away [remember that f**kwit that put a squad car in the ditch on the TARGA, while trying to prove he was a good driver]

Mind you who would insure them? [the average Cop couldn't drive a nail into sand]

Hmm confiscate the car for min 28 days, and a maximum of say 90. If the fine isn't paid by then then you lose it - this is for first serious offence. That way there would be f**kall owed fines as every fine that wasn't paid, the cops would have the car as security.

that would work i reckon, confiscated until fines are paid, rather than having the car sold to pay for fines giving, this would,give them more insentive to pay.

Ok well since you guys are all older than me : I have a completely different outlook on this. So I guess I am qualified to say "This is my day" rather than "back in my day"

Its actually really saddening seeing alot of "extended peers" killed in car related incidents. Those two Y12 St Margs girls in Christhurch who were run over the other weekend really hit home. One of my freinds was mates with them and it really hurt her, made me quite angry at the stupid drunken f**ken idiot who took to the wheel and killed them.

Now the three girls in Taupo just last night who are in Waikato hospital after a idiot boyracer crash. Who knows how they're gonna turn out.

And one that actually effected me personally. My best mates BF had a Subaru Legacy and was racing it around gravel on 3 Mile Hill here in Dunedin. Its really notorius for dangerous corners. He went 90k around a corner trying to drift and slid right off it, rolled down the hill 5 times and landed on the roof. Sams blood was all through the car and all the BF managed to say was "f**k,look at my car". She was very nearly killed in this incident, had they hit the tree that was a metre away they would've been dead. We dont fully understand the effects and because we are teens, we dont see consequences ahead of us.

This is coming from a teenager on her restrcited - I reckon the driver licensing should be put up to 18 or the conditions in which the licence is given is much stricter.

The car dealers are as much to blame as well. I mean you can get a pretty easy deal on a car for something like $1 deposit and just pay it off. Naturally boys like to prove that they are faster or better than other people (and girls too i guess( but testosterone moreso))

That mys 2c, there is a massive problem with teens in general in NZ that needs to be cracked down on.

As my Dad always says "Cars are killing machines"