Sign in to follow this  
PBOY23

TINTING A E36 COUPE

hi there on trade me they are selling pre laser cut tints for a d i y job what are your thoughts are on this ?

how hard would it be on a coupe i know that the back mite be a bit of a hassel cheers

E36HARD!

Posted Image

hi there on trade me they are selling pre laser cut tints for a d i y job what are your thoughts are on this ?

how hard would it be on a coupe i know that the back mite be a bit of a hassel cheers

E36HARD!

Seriously bro, I wouldn't even attempt! Because coupes don't have the window frame, the tint will come off on the rubber whenever you open/shut the doors. I'd seriously pay the odd $300 instead of the $80 on trademe to Tintacar and get it down pro with a warranty!

Seriously bro, I wouldn't even attempt! Because coupes don't have the window frame, the tint will come off on the rubber whenever you open/shut the doors. I'd seriously pay the odd $300 instead of the $80 on trademe to Tintacar and get it down pro with a warranty!

yeh true man just thought of a cheap way mite come out looking like sh*t then id go get it done an probibly end up paying alot more on top so maybe goin to like tint-a-car would be a good idea

Posted Image

Edited by PBOY

Just to add to this i got a quote of $280 for my e36 coupe for full 35% all round plus another $40 for a sunstrip...

I reckon tints should be done by a pro, it's heaps less trouble.

I was quoted $280 when I had mine done 2 years ago.

I got mine done for $225.

A1 Tinting. 35% all around, US Johnson film. Life time warranty.

And they come to your house to do it.

Its about the cheapest I can find that uses the Johnson films...most others does it for 280+

Good luck!

Curryinahurry - where are you located? Where is A1 tinting because thats a pretty good price!

Curryinahurry - where are you located? Where is A1 tinting because thats a pretty good price!

http://www.a1tint.co.nz/ -- they're in Tauranga. Perhaps they have Auckland or other large city agents.

Another cheap, yet professional and mobile guy I know is; 0212941472 [Akld].

Yeh, I am also keen to tint my E36 coupe. Anyone know of a good shop in chch?

To everyone who has had their car tinted, did they manage to tint the dot matrix (the little dots around the rear view mirror, and front windshield) properly? Ie: apply the tint film over the dots.

For me they applied the tint film over them, so whaen you look on the outside, it sort of bubbles around the dots.