Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Australia's attempt to make 'boy-racers' un cool.

The new RTA 'No one thinks big of you' campaign aims below the belt in an attempt to curb speeding. No surpises, Holdens and Fords are seen doing burnouts. Thanks to member Dave for giving me the link to this advert. YouTube video inside.

very well done

Nicely done, At least a billion times better than everything New Zealands ever attempted to do to curb the problem.

+1

New Zealand could learn alot from Oz.

Lov'n the VL/VK doriftos lol

My GF would of actually liked the first burnout.

I think, as mentioned, it is far better than the nz ones!

Never seen the 'pinkie' thing before.

The "Boy Racers" here would laugh and continue on not giving a sh*t. It would be a total waste of money.

There were "Boy Racers" in my Dads day and there will be "Boy Racers" in our childrens day too. They need to learn to control it. Not try and stop something they have no show in hell doing.

Oh BTW. Was talking to a Uni mate today who mentioned the Illegal drags are now going nuts on Weeknights instead of weekend nights and just as many if not more people are attending.

So what does that say about Clive Owen?

He's great! Must have a really small one.

Edited by Cain

all your pinky are belong to us

The "Boy Racers" here would laugh and continue on not giving a sh*t. It would be a total waste of money.

There were "Boy Racers" in my Dads day and there will be "Boy Racers" in our childrens day too. They need to learn to control it. Not try and stop something they have no show in hell doing.

Oh BTW. Was talking to a Uni mate today who mentioned the Illegal drags are now going nuts on Weeknights instead of weekend nights and just as many if not more people are attending.

yeah we went looking for them last night in the usual place but it was completly dead now so i guess it is happening more on the week nights

Haha thats a bloody solid ad, love it!

Reminds me of this, I read it in the paper yesterday morning:

a boy racer was given a lesson in what Australians think of his sort of behavior by Judge Murfitt.

Matthew Koch had admitted wheel spinning and failing to stop for flashing police lights.

The 19-year-old completed a 360 degree turn at an intersection in front of police before turning his lights off and trying to speed off.

Judge Murfitt showed Koch a hand signal from the bench, before asking him if he knew what it meant in Australia.

"No, well, the girls in Australia do it to young drivers like you. It means 'large car, small penis'." Judge Murfitt said.

Koch left the court to a large amount of laughter having been fined $800 and disqualified from driving for six months.

Cracked me up. Good on the Aussies I reckon, have got the right idea.

Peer pressure is an excellent motivator, just ask anyone that smokes.

Reminds me of about four months ago when I saw a couple of guys in a 1990's Starlet watching a couple of girls in short skirts cross the road in front of them. The guys were waiting at a red light and as soon as it hit green, they revved her up and dropped the clutch to achieve a four second FRONT wheel spin, only to ram into the back of a SUV which had stopped because of the traffic jam in front of them. Bloody hilarious, the girls cracked up laughing and started yelling words that shouldn't really come out a lady's mouth towards the guys who looked and I bet felt like complete pillocks. Damage to the SUV was nil, damage to the front of the Starlet was they pushed it off the road. :D

Hahaha this ad is great, it cracks me up when guys think it impresses us girls to chop down a gear and show off their crusty sounding exhaust and slow excelleration, immediately I think they have a small weener!

I still think it was a pretty badass burnout from the XR...

Don't be propping the pinky fingers Andrew!

Nizz should follow suit with ads like this.