Sign in to follow this  
m_power

What to do?

What to do?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So im looking into getting a more "practical" daily driver once my 318 is sold and 318is is finished. So im really looking at buying next year. But i always plan for the future its just the way i am, i always want the best bang for my buck and want to make sure the car i buy is the best one for my circumstances. So iv given a possible list of cars im interested in, one non BMW included. I want a car that can take some gear and be capable of traveling long distances easily and comfortably. I also dont want something that is going to be a pain driving around Auckland traffic.

So there are the choices vote if you wish, but please tell me what you voted for as i need other opinions in this matter. At the moment i am leaning towards the E34 TOURING, its safe, big, comfortable and looks good. Iv basicly ruled out the e30 sedan as that doesnt fit the criteria but put it in there anyway. Would love the E30 TOURING but i think it would be too small as i need to use this car for work which involves picking stuff up etc etc...

where's the Holden option?

LOL...too much on gas...

How much will you have to spend?

It really depends on how much i get for my 318 and how much i have spare for a car...but im guessing around about the $6500 mark...keep in mind that next year cars will depreciate in value too.

Buy a Honda?

Not an option.

E36 touring too ugly?

its safe, big, comfortable and looks good.

Ya don't want big and safe when your 16!

any E34 worth getting is hard to get insurance on at your age.

Ya don't want big and safe when your 16!

any E34 worth getting is hard to get insurance on at your age.

Insurance is no problem...

E36 touring too ugly?

Oh yeh forgotn about them, should have put that were e30 sedan was...one of them could be a good choice and the prices seem to be coming down laterly.

There are other jap wagons that are alot better reliability wise than a legacy.

There are low-capacity holden Acclaim wagons.

And Toyota Carib wagons have treated me and others in my family good :D

I know there are varous japanses wagons that are great and fit the braket...i just put the lagacy in there as it is just one of the many that poped to my mind. But would prefer to stay euro and even better BMW.

For give me but do you want it to be reliable, cheeppppp!!! to run and have plenty of space for around $6500.00. Sorry to rain on your parade then I wouldn't buy a BMW, their are untold better vehicles out their that will suit your needs far better than BMW. Best of luck in your search.

Allan

For give me but do you want it to be reliable, cheeppppp!!! to run and have plenty of space for around $6500.00. Sorry to rain on your parade then I wouldn't buy a BMW, their are untold better vehicles out their that will suit your needs far better than BMW. Best of luck in your search.

Allan

Yes i know i am asking alot and am being a typical customer who wants everything for nothing. But i do understand that it porbably cant be a BMW at that price.

Iv got it!!! Diesel Corolla touring ftw!

cheap and safe to run is always good when you're young.

E30 owed me $3k,which was essentially every dollar I had saved since buying it.

Lil jappa made me $1k in profit.

But BMW's are the win either way :D

Being loyal is ftl in these situations!

Buy a honda!

Who care's if your not particularly in love with your work/daily car (I know you love the word daily, don't lie!) Like you say, you need something practical that is easy to get around auckland with.

Buy something asian and auto. You'll technically get more for your buck with the criteria you've got, and go home and drive your iS when your missing the euro buzz!

My 'daily' is a good old e36 316, this year alone it owes me a pretty nasty amount, sure half of that is my fault for say hitting birds... launching it off bridges.. whatever. But I must say my old toyota corona coped with all that a heck of a lot better than the BMW!

My 2c.

Honnnnnnnndaaaaaaaa

Being loyal is ftl in these situations!

Buy a honda!

Who care's if your not particularly in love with your work/daily car (I know you love the word daily, don't lie!) Like you say, you need something practical that is easy to get around auckland with.

Buy something asian and auto. You'll technically get more for your buck with the criteria you've got, and go home and drive your iS when your missing the euro buzz!

My 'daily' is a good old e36 316, this year alone it owes me a pretty nasty amount, sure half of that is my fault for say hitting birds... launching it off bridges.. whatever. But I must say my old toyota corona coped with all that a heck of a lot better than the BMW!

My 2c.

Honnnnnnnndaaaaaaaa

Wise words...iv always noticed that you call your 316 a "daily" in your personal profile section so i thought i would copy the wise one :P

FYI Toyota don't make a touring, they make station wagons. :rolleyes:

just get a jappa, some POS that you dont care about. pay as little as possible

else, an e30 touring is cool, but not that many around to choose from

FYI Toyota don't make a touring, they make station wagons. :rolleyes:

I know...i wanted to make it sound more BMW... :rolleyes:

Subaru Wagon for a 15 year old male in Auckland? Try it!

Hmmm i would say keep your E30 don't get a 5 series touring. I think you're forgetting how young you are no offense aye.