Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

did a dyno run today in the e28 545i

was a bit lean at first , managed to get about another 15Kw.

buy the time we finished playing with the AFM and the FQS on the ECU .

feels alot better now , more responsive .

maybe down a bit on factory rating , surpose to be 290HP or 210Kw at the flywheel ,

i am still running the 3.07 LSD diff , which i want to change to 3.45 or 3.64 etc .

should gain a few horses at the wheel .

also fitted my new number plate.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Interesting results. I would have thought it would have done more. Still a huge improvement though.

might be worth a full stock rebuild ? .. but enjoy it for a bit first! ... very very nice car you have there! :)

Looks like about the right power - not much less than an S50 (10 kW)

153kw at the wheels is nothing to sneze at, thats pretty good power

Is it an Auto Brent?

The 540 is about the same stock horsepower and I'm getting 172kW at the wheels. So, I guess the rest of the loss is in the transmission.

Good result though. 1/4 mile time next!

Is it an Auto Brent?

The 540 is about the same stock horsepower and I'm getting 172kW at the wheels. So, I guess the rest of the loss is in the transmission.

Good result though. 1/4 mile time next!

no its a 5spd manual . over drive box , dyno results measured in 4th gear 1:1 ...

where did you get your dyno figures from . this was at Hi Velocity nth shore , rolling road type .

andrew was saying S50 M3 e36 where just a bit more , and they are rated at 286Hp as well .

feels a lot more punchier now , and its quite quick off the line , when i can get traction (darn rain all the time).

should be a lot better with shorter dif , thats next week .

torque and power curves matched the spec in the owners manual , (if thats any thing to go by), but higher readings taken at the flywheel .

torque was spot on 345Nm as the book says .

cheers

I'm no expert but readings between dynos varies quite a bit. (Especially if they are rolling road or hub dynos) Dynojet in particular seem to read quite a bit higher. SAE and other corrections can also play a big part in it, I can't see anything about correction on those sheets.

Still pretty decent power though.

Not bad at all mate! In my opinion, dynos are only good for measuring a gain, rather than outright power. Theres so much variance between dynos that the only meaningful use they have is if you go to one dyno, do mods, then go back to the same dyno with the same settings.

For example, my old car (Integra Type R) produced 134 wheel kW @ 8200 rpm at chequered flag at petone... If I went across to Andre Simon's dyno I would have got around 120-125 wkW.

Also another goodmeasure would be to compare ETs and trap speeds down the 1/4 mile before/after mods.

Peak power doesn't mean much on its own anyway... I'd rather look at the area under the curve ;)

Edited by West