Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Anyone want a 2.7ltr and manual conversion? (6 cylinder)

$1300 -

Comes with free E28 525e - that has just had over 2000 spent on it to get a WOF - then I couldn't be f**ked finishing it (needs 2 new doors + wheel alignment to WOF)

If this was 3 months later i would be so keen.

Good luck with the sale.

The car is a driver btw -

I did - New radiator +coolant pipes, new leads, dizzy, cambelt, tappets ajusted (thanks Will) - hasn't been driven since. New oil etc etc. New steering sh*t, new pitmen arms in the back.

Basically got bored and didn't finish + my girlfriend doesn't really need a car as we drive to work together now.

Technically it only needs 1 door for a WOF.

Needs a wheel alignment before it could be driven far.

The car is a driver btw -

I did - New radiator +coolant pipes, new leads, dizzy, cambelt, tappets ajusted (thanks Will) - hasn't been driven since. New oil etc etc. New steering sh*t, new pitmen arms in the back.

Basically got bored and didn't finish + my girlfriend doesn't really need a car as we drive to work together now.

Technically it only needs 1 door for a WOF.

Needs a wheel alignment before it could be driven far.

hm.... what teh milage on the engine ? manual or auto ?

hm.... what teh milage on the engine ? manual or auto ?

sh*t loads - nearly 300. Manual obviously.

Anyone actually want this?

No time wasters this time please.

Anyone actually want this?

No time wasters this time please.

um, uh... i sorta always wanted e28, but kinda $1300 is kinda too much for me... I've seen few m20b27 bottom ends, and after 300k's crank will require a grind and then they recommend nitriding, and that's like $700 just to get crank in order + on top of that you need oversize bearings and pretty much an engine rebuild, i'm going through the same process right now, because in over 2 years now i found only 3 different m20b27 bottom ends and they all have been f****, including one seriously damaged, beyond economical repair - it was out of manual tranny car with trust bearing worn INTO the crank, causing massive crank float - like 2mm, while max my manufacturer spec is like 0.18mm if memory serves me right... if only this engine was serviced it's entire life well then it would be ok, but really you wont know until you take it apart and measure.... but tell you what, if you want to sell me e28 without engine/tranny for cheap then i'd be keen :), but i had to come by and have a looksee :) and then a talky-talky :D

um, uh... i sorta always wanted e28, but kinda $1300 is kinda too much for me... I've seen few m20b27 bottom ends, and after 300k's crank will require a grind and then they recommend nitriding, and that's like $700 just to get crank in order + on top of that you need oversize bearings and pretty much an engine rebuild, i'm going through the same process right now, because in over 2 years now i found only 3 different m20b27 bottom ends and they all have been f****, including one seriously damaged, beyond economical repair - it was out of manual tranny car with trust bearing worn INTO the crank, causing massive crank float - like 2mm, while max my manufacturer spec is like 0.18mm if memory serves me right... if only this engine was serviced it's entire life well then it would be ok, but really you wont know until you take it apart and measure.... but tell you what, if you want to sell me e28 without engine/tranny for cheap then i'd be keen :) , but i had to come by and have a looksee :) and then a talky-talky :D

If you offer a K the whole lot is yours. Will not part it.

If you offer a K the whole lot is yours. Will not part it.

Hmmm, so how long have you had it?

I guess you wouldn't have spent that money recently if you hadn't looked after it prior? It may be an opportunity to do the 2.7 conversion on my e21 after previous failed attempts to upgrade the motor due to scumbags stealing my money...

I'll chat with my mechanic ifyou can let me know if you are still keen to get rid of it for $1000

Cheers

Hmmm, so how long have you had it?

I guess you wouldn't have spent that money recently if you hadn't looked after it prior? It may be an opportunity to do the 2.7 conversion on my e21 after previous failed attempts to upgrade the motor due to scumbags stealing my money...

I'll chat with my mechanic ifyou can let me know if you are still keen to get rid of it for $1000

Cheers

Story:

Bought it sight unseen on trademe - it looked OK.

Got there - guy took my money - I went to see car. It was POS. Started fixing it up for my girlfriend. Girlfriend ends up getting job near where I work so we commute in (no need for E28).

Spent all the money because I'm generally an impulse buyer.

But yes - could be good for your E21.

Car is by far a driver - like I said needs a few things for WOF and DEF needs a wheel alignment as I've put in heaps of new steering parts + tie rods so wheels aren't straight.

Will take 1k for it - let me know shortly (before I pop it on trademe)

Story:

Bought it sight unseen on trademe - it looked OK.

Got there - guy took my money - I went to see car. It was POS. Started fixing it up for my girlfriend. Girlfriend ends up getting job near where I work so we commute in (no need for E28).

Spent all the money because I'm generally an impulse buyer.

But yes - could be good for your E21.

Car is by far a driver - like I said needs a few things for WOF and DEF needs a wheel alignment as I've put in heaps of new steering parts + tie rods so wheels aren't straight.

Will take 1k for it - let me know shortly (before I pop it on trademe)

Would be keen to take a look. Have spoken to Ernst ( I believe you are familiar with him!) about the prospect, he really only seemed a little concerned about piston slap. Where are you based?

Can you email me on e21 at tritton.co.nz or 021 631 996

Cheers

Daniel

Would be keen to take a look. Have spoken to Ernst ( I believe you are familiar with him!) about the prospect, he really only seemed a little concerned about piston slap. Where are you based?

Can you email me on e21 at tritton.co.nz or 021 631 996

Cheers

Daniel

rung and left message

$1300 -

Comes with free E28 525e - that has just had over 2000 spent on it to get a WOF - then I couldn't be f**ked finishing it (needs 2 new doors + wheel alignment to WOF)

Hi Andrew. is this car sold? pls txt me on 021971219 thanks heaps

still for sale?? very keen and have cash!! what other bmws could i plant this engine and gearbox into?? would it fit into a 3 series??

still for sale?? very keen and have cash!! what other bmws could i plant this engine and gearbox into?? would it fit into a 3 series??

yes, it would fit into a 3 series.

do you still have this andy?

yes he does, damn thing.

do you still have this andy?

f**king A -

I'm gonna tardme it soon

Bring it up here. 327 eater MkII. Longer wheelbase for mad drifts round the tree!

Guest Rick James

Bring it up here. 327 eater MkII. Longer wheelbase for mad drifts round the tree!

He has to buy puppy food