Sign in to follow this  
melowpuf

Pre facelift 325i ecu

Anyone have one of these lying around or know whether the 320i ecu will work???

So far as plug N play goes, only the pre FL motronic 325i ecu will work..... hard to come by, perhaps bite te bullet and get one from a wrecker?

What EXACTLY are its symptoms? I fixed my own pre fl motronic ecu a while back.....

Anyone have one of these lying around or know whether the 320i ecu will work???

i can get one from a freind .

from 86 325i , no 320i wont work .

motronic 1.1 ecu. The last no`s are 073

Give you one for $30

Regards Ray

As far as symptoms go.... I bought a 320i with a blown head gasket, was told the head had been tested and was Ok. Put it all back together and it fills the radiator back up with engine oil. So.... I have an m20b25 sitting in the workshop looking for a car and im guessing its going to be cheaper buying an ecu to put the 2.5l in the car instead of buying another head for the 2.0l.

As far as certifying goes.... who cares who's going to know?? apart from you guys. heh.

Alternatively I do have the entire wiring loom from the m20b25 running motronic 1.3 and all the bits and bobs needed to run it, but i think thats too much of a head ache to run the loom through, link all the warnings up and make it look purty.. If i stay with the loom thats in the car then one would be none the wiser.

As far as symptoms go.... I bought a 320i with a blown head gasket, was told the head had been tested and was Ok. Put it all back together and it fills the radiator back up with engine oil. So.... I have an m20b25 sitting in the workshop looking for a car and im guessing its going to be cheaper buying an ecu to put the 2.5l in the car instead of buying another head for the 2.0l.

As far as certifying goes.... who cares who's going to know?? apart from you guys. heh.

Alternatively I do have the entire wiring loom from the m20b25 running motronic 1.3 and all the bits and bobs needed to run it, but i think thats too much of a head ache to run the loom through, link all the warnings up and make it look purty.. If i stay with the loom thats in the car then one would be none the wiser.

The Pre facelift 325 (motronic 1.1) use a engine bay wiring loom that is unique. An early 325 ECU cannot run an engine via any other loom. The early 325s' use two hall effect sensors mounted in gearbox bell housing, the 320 gearbox will not have fittings for those sensors nor will the 320 loom have the plugs for them.