Sign in to follow this  
bradc

My E31 850CSi V12 6-speed

Yep :)

Got it for $4k, put my spare gearbox into it, drove it for a year, did 20,000km's in it, took out the black leather, wheels and stereo and put them into my Legnum ST-R and sold it for $4260, $1 Res auction on trademe :D

Still trying to figure out... how do you know me?

Yep :)

Got it for $4k, put my spare gearbox into it, drove it for a year, did 20,000km's in it, took out the black leather, wheels and stereo and put them into my Legnum ST-R and sold it for $4260, $1 Res auction on trademe :D

Still trying to figure out... how do you know me?

lol sh*t Brad from NFC? I dont think I can come up with anything quite as close as this lol...

WOW! She is gorgeous!

I believe its worth the coin and worth the wait!

I am very jealous! After owning my purple 3 for a while (I didnt like the colour at first) and also wanting an 8 series for years, your car is just dreamy to me!

Have fun, I look forward to seeing it in the flesh when I'm back in NZ...

Ohh right, didn't even think of you James :)

I just got confirmation from the shipping company that it has left England on a boat and they expect it to be here in 52 days :D

What a Christmas present lucky bugger! B)

Damn thats nice!

V12 Manual - does it get any better?

Oh dear that is soo cool and soo different! Im impressed and can only imagine what that thing will drive like. By the way how are u making ur images come up as thumbnails? bit off the topic i know lol

Allan - it had better be on the road by then! I'm keen to turn up to as many meets as possible in it as well :)

Jimbo - no it doesn't. The best combination possible in a car! V12 + 6 speed manual + new clutch + switchable traction control!

Boost Junky - It is very cool :) I'm guessing it will drive like a bit of a barge, but we shall see. As for the thumbnails, I don't know, I just uploaded the files using the link below the post.

apparently the 8 is a autobahn stormer.....however i bet the silky smooth v12 ,which are very torquey will feel absolutely unreal....I cant even begin to think what it will feel like as you squeeeeeeze the loud pedal at about 3500 in third as you pull out to overtake a line of traffic on a long uphill.....There was an 850 auto at Page European the other day.....obviously an import and a bit rough too..

Allan - it had better be on the road by then! I'm keen to turn up to as many meets as possible in it as well :)

Jimbo - no it doesn't. The best combination possible in a car! V12 + 6 speed manual + new clutch + switchable traction control!

Boost Junky - It is very cool :) I'm guessing it will drive like a bit of a barge, but we shall see. As for the thumbnails, I don't know, I just uploaded the files using the link below the post.

Hey Brad...where are you now? still seeing Matt much?

Nice one man, that's an awesome looking car!

Wishing I had $12k for the gold AC Schnitzer 7 series on Trademe at the mo... oh well!

Indeed it is brad :) Haha yea oh well atleast you got that motor to drive that barge lol and nice too know ur sitting inside something that is nice and solid always good for peace of mind. Oh right I used to have the option when i posted images using photobucket but it seems not to be there anymore... thanks tho

damn thats sexy!!! :)

You better be bringing it down to Welly sometime in the future. wouldn't mind seeing it in the flesh!

sounds like you scored a pretty good deal, will be a nice investment i'd say!!

Keep us updated with pics when you get it in the country.

Lauerence.

kiwi535 - with over 400nm at 2000rpm, it will be awesome for that sort of thing, just keep it in 4th the whole day long!

James - yeah Matt was over here last weekend. You should come to my place for Guy Fawkes, pm me for my address.

Boost Junky - yeah BMW crashed like 100 of the things and spent nearly $2 billion making it (and that was in the late 80's, not adjusted for inflation) I'm sure it is a damned solid car.

Old Skool BMW - I don't know about bringing it down to Wellington, it'll cost the better part of $300-400 to drive down there, and if I do go down I would probably take the VR-4 anyway, cause I can sleep in the back of it.

kiwi535 - with over 400nm at 2000rpm, it will be awesome for that sort of thing, just keep it in 4th the whole day long!

I am sure the performance is "adequate" at 2000 rpm,but .....I am sure we could arrange some more satisfactory accommodation than the back of a vr4!

BMW crashed like 100 of the things and spent nearly $2 billion making it

:o Edited by Boost Junky

Nahh sleeping in the back of it is great, I've got the factory 7" touch screen, a computer under the front passenger seat and a twin battery setup. It plays through the stereo speakers and gives me about 3-4 hours of movie watching. Then I've got my laptop with a pair of batteries that will give me another 6 hours or so of movie watching, and it has a massive sunroof that is great for watching the rain and stars through. I love sleeping in the back of it. Even better when there is pleasurable company around - how many female Wellington members have we got here? :P

Oh ur in Welly Brad? Im probably moving down there as soon as my conversion is done or not long after. Will have to see this puppy sometime!

Luke

nahh in Auckland, they want me to go down to wellington. Feel free to come up and see me though :)