325_driver

535i manaul e34

Hi there, on tradme i have finally tracked down a manual gearbox

Also with

Shifter

Flywheel

driveshaft

slave cylinder

This is to replace my auto gear box in it, was replacing it, so might as well take the opportunity and make it manual since its very rare finding a manual box / conversion kit

Can some people check up on this auction, and see whether this is a wise idea ?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=119633419

Ill be doing most of the conversion my self, whats the deal with pedals ??

do i just get some from a manual 525 or some thing ??

Any help would be good, im sure you guys would be keen in helping to the addition of the awsome 535i manuals !!

Cheers, give me some feed back

look into getting a flywheel from a e 28 and forget about the e34 dual mass one...its prolly nearly stuffed anyway.

You also need master cyl and clutch lines, fluid reservoir, clutch (buy a kit that includes the release bearing), Gearbox mount/ x-member, new flywheel and pressure plate bolts, spigot bearing.

Most of the above you need anyway as they would need replacing from wear.

If the box is in good nick it seems like an OK price when compared to the much more common m20 boxes.

as above , you can use a metal brake line as a clutch line , i did on my e34 conversion . buy new pedals from bmwahrehouse or get from wreked 520i or 525i etc .

try and find a e28/e24/e23 m30 flywheel instead of that e34 type , but its ok if you cant find one .

you can use a 525i crossmember and just drill some new holes in it .

you can use a clutch resiovior from a e30 or anything . master cylinder is same as e30 , e28 m5 , etc

Haha, i will keep you posted, remember i am a noob, and will probably try and do this my self

which im sure i can do, just will take a little longer,

bravo

do you mind writing me a specific list of stuff that i will need?

so i can foward through that to ray and other places.

Will post photos of the car,

btw it only costed me 600, so i hope you guys think its a good buy :D warrant of fitness condition, perfect body

diamond shwartz black mmmm

The list above will do. Ray knows is sh*t, so just explain the above to him and he'll see you right. Just buy a new clutch kit as they are not too expensive and it will save you pulling the whole thing apart in a fw months when the secondhand one fails.

what was that clutch kit place i went to, to get one for my e30

it was a Luk clutch kit, had every thing there, can i get a kit for my 535 at the same place ??

Cheers, (p.s the auction for the manual trans with drive shaft slave cyliner etc ended at close to 1400 :0 !!!)

i really wanted a manual 535, so i didnt really care, provided it didnt get over 1500.

Euro-Italian. 5C Saturn place, Albany. 09 444 9817.

silver fox will be %#^%& off , you got that

Thought you might have one for me Brent?

lol were you the other person bidding on that on trade me ??

i was close to saying #$% this lol

bravo, euro itallian do not have them, who else ? lol

im going to try some other people, i know a few other people have a manual 535, where did you guys get the clutch kit from ??

arghhhh, rang up auto clutch, number is 09 849 3737

and their charging m30 535i clutch kit 900 + gst !!!!!

Can some one get one for cheaper, cause holy sh*t the max i thought it was going to cost was 600 - 700 ??

it would be good if some one could help me out and go on a hunt to find one for cheaper ??

or a cheaper option ??

arghhhh, rang up auto clutch, number is 09 849 3737

and their charging m30 535i clutch kit 900 + gst !!!!!

Can some one get one for cheaper, cause holy sh*t the max i thought it was going to cost was 600 - 700 ??

it would be good if some one could help me out and go on a hunt to find one for cheaper ??

or a cheaper option ??

mate who did you talk to there , i got an uprated std kit about $300 for my 3.5 hartge engine . (thats all you will need) ,

and got a real beafy one for the m5 (probably over kill ) cost about $700 and it shudders when trying to drive off slowly not recommended for daily driver , but launches good .

i have 2 freinds with them ., one is complerte kit from e28 528i ( probaly doesn't want to sell ,) but make an offer .

the other freind has a gearbox in bits also from a e28 528i , just needs some small repair ( slipped out of a gear or something)

has flywheel , driveshaft . make an offer .

i have e28 pedal box .

and e34 clutch kit , e28 clutch plate , throw out bearing.

oh you also need a bearing for the end of the crank .

buy from bearing shop , cost about $10

cheers

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

brent, can you suss out the clutch side of things, since you probably know what ill need, and pedal box also

i will pay you for what ever it costs, cause when ever i start talking to people, prices start to hike . . .. could you help out here, oh yeah and if youve got a e28 fly wheel, ill buy that too.

let me know what you can sought out, cheers

Hey all

New to this site and Bmws. looking to buy 89-92 5 series. not many manuals around.

Anyone have any idea how much kit and mechanic would charge to to do conversion?

about 500-800 to do the job , $1000-1500 or so for a kit

hay Guys

just done my conversion, yea all up mine cost me about 2k with new clutch kit, bolts etc, have gone through two shifters and nethier are for my car so at some stage ill prob get that fixed up, but all goes and no issues putting it in

if you can change a auto you can do a manual conversion no sweet only issue i have is linging up the shaft when putting it onto the engine

now i have a hoist just rip the whole thing out takes about prob couple hours most,

def go with the lightweight e28 flywheel, the dualmass is i dont know just alot more aggrsive when changing

Hi there, on tradme i have finally tracked down a manual gearbox

Also with

Shifter

Flywheel

driveshaft

slave cylinder

This is to replace my auto gear box in it, was replacing it, so might as well take the opportunity and make it manual since its very rare finding a manual box / conversion kit

Can some people check up on this auction, and see whether this is a wise idea ?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=119633419

Ill be doing most of the conversion my self, whats the deal with pedals ??

do i just get some from a manual 525 or some thing ??

Any help would be good, im sure you guys would be keen in helping to the addition of the awsome 535i manuals !!

Cheers, give me some feed back

Hey man

Doing conversion on my E34 535 aswell. Got my clutch off a guy on here SRBMW, if you haven't got one yet try get hold of him, he got me one imported from Canada, heavy duty round the $570 mark for the kit.

Still using the dual mass which is a bit of a bummer, if I knew I could of got one from an E28 before I got the clutch, I would have, o well, wait till the clutch goes bang :D

Going to be ripping the engine out, alot easier that way with more room.

After pointers myself, electrical and computer wise etc etc. Will be starting it soon so keep me posted on how yours goes!!

Hey man

Doing conversion on my E34 535 aswell. Got my clutch off a guy on here SRBMW, if you haven't got one yet try get hold of him, he got me one imported from Canada, heavy duty round the $570 mark for the kit.

Still using the dual mass which is a bit of a bummer, if I knew I could of got one from an E28 before I got the clutch, I would have, o well, wait till the clutch goes bang :D

Going to be ripping the engine out, alot easier that way with more room.

After pointers myself, electrical and computer wise etc etc. Will be starting it soon so keep me posted on how yours goes!!

go here look for post by gale..he has done so many trans swaps i am sure he has lists of stuff and how to rectify trans error messages etc