Sign in to follow this  
Nobimmer

What would you do.Seriously.

Right,yesterday at work at a retail store I work at,a man came in looking for bolts.So I showed him what's what and sent him on his way.

He went to the counter and when you buy loose items you have to take up a Sku number which I didn't give him cos I was in the wrong dept...anyways that doesnt matter.The lady at the checkout(who happens to be my mother) asked him if he had the code for the bolts.He replied " F**K off you work here,that's your job" Being the nice lady that she is she said fine I'll get them for you anways and walked past the man only to hear a mumble from him saying "Stupid f**ken bitch"

She said bla bla what'd you sayd I aint serving you and rang the buzer for a sales person to come,by that time the man had walked out into the carpark...I came out thinking it was a paint queery and she said what happend.S I went outside and found the guy,grabbed him and said WTF bla bla you cant talk to her like that.He replied go back inside that slut aint worth it,go home bla bla.I got mad as and took a swing at him,then some people came and pulled me back etc.I was still mad and yelled come back after work etc etc I'm going to kick your head in etc etc.I went inside again and grabbed a badass fire shovel thing and went outside once again to see the man driving away and so I threw the shovel at his car.He sacked it and drove off.

Now heres the problem, the pansy ass went and complained to the head office of this big retail chain and I am about to recieve another written warning which will mean I have no more :rolleyes: .

Seriously fullas,what would you do,I know in my contract etc it says I cant do it and I went way over the top and I really shouldn't have but really what would you do.

The plus side is that the man was way bigger than me(anyone who's seen me will tell you how not-big I am) so meh.Not really too fussed bout what will happen,just curious to see what others would do after everyone's been saying if that was me I would have done this and this and this.

/end big rant.

this at the big M?

good on you, prob a bit over the top, but cant blame you. wankers like that should be abused as much as possible.

its only a part time job, and you at home right? just get another one =D

having said that, depends on what sort of record they keep..i woudnt go asking them for a reference haha. just smile and take it, its only a warning...just stay outta trouble for the rest of your time there...maybe start looknig for another job?

Edited by The Gus

Yep the Big M.

Think the shovel was a bit OTT but meh adreniline was going crazy haha.

Think it is about time for a new job.Anyone looking?

He deserved it! Just hope that your next employer doesnt ask for a reference from this place! At least there hasnt been any legal police stuff?

I nearly did the same thing to the National Sales manager at my old job. But my flatmate saw how fired up I was getting and knew what came next. So he stood in and told the manager to leave. Bloody lucky he did. But your situation is even worse mate. I may have done the same thing.

id have killed him haha, but seriously I cant blame you i'd have done the same thing, :P and its just a warning after all,

I too think the shovel bit was OTT but I definitely cannot blame you - that was your mother and you have every right to be pissed off. People like this deserved to be smashed. Good on you man. I just hope it won't impact too much on your future job opportunities but it sounds like it shouldn't be too bad.

Did the guy know that she's your mother? Just wondering because being the ass he is I'd watch out for your mum in case he comes back.

I wouldve found out where he lives and killed him with that shovel.

It's just retail for you. I've been in retail for 6 years, that's pretty much the worse kind of customer you can get. For him to get mad over a few bolts, this guy clearly had problems. If he's in my shop and can't stop swearing, I would ask him to leave.

Don't worry about him. Anyway, Here's a little piece I read not long ago... Hope this will cheer you up.

LAW OF THE GARBAGE TRUCK - Let the garbage go by.

By David J. Pollay

How often do you let other people's nonsense change your mood? Do you let a bad driver, rude waiter, curt boss, or an insensitive employee ruin your day? Unless you're the Terminator, for an instant you're probably set back on your heels. However, the mark of a successful person is how quickly she can get back her focus on what's important.

Sixteen years ago I learned this lesson. I learned it in the back of a New York City taxi cab. Here's what happened.

I hopped in a taxi, and we took off for Grand Central Station. We were driving in the right lane when all of a sudden, and I mean without warning, a black car jumped out of a parking space right in front of us. My taxi driver slammed on his brakes, skidded and missed the other car's back end by just inches.

Here's what happened next. The driver of the other car, the guy who almost caused a big accident, whipped his head around and he started yelling bad words at us. How do I know? Ask any New Yorker, some words in New York come with a special face.

Now, here's what blew me away. My taxi driver just smiled and waved at the guy. And I mean, he was friendly. So, I said, "Why did you just do that? This guy almost ruined your car and sent us to the hospital!" And this is when my taxi driver told me what I now call, "The Law of the Garbage Truck."

Many people are like garbage trucks. They run around full of garbage, full of frustration, full of anger, and full of disappointment. As their garbage piles up, they need a place to dump it. And if you let them, they'll dump it on you.

When someone wants to dump on you, don't take it personally. You just smile, wave, wish them well, and move on. You'll be happy you did. I guarantee it.

So this was it: The "Law of the Garbage Truck." I started thinking, how often do I let Garbage Trucks run right over me? And how often do I take their garbage and spread it to other people: at work, at home, on the streets? It was that day I said, "I'm not going to do it anymore."

Well now "I see Garbage Trucks." I see the load they're carrying. I see them coming to drop it off.

And like my Taxi Driver, I don't make it a personal thing; I just smile, wave, wish them well, and I move on.

The bottom line is that successful people do not let Garbage Trucks take over their day. What about you? What would happen in your life, starting today, if you let more garbage trucks pass you by?

Here's my bet. You'll be happier. I guarantee it.

Good story.

I think Token did what most of us would.

I found that when I lived in Akld I used to get wound up at other drivers. Now I only go down there a couple of times a month for a day or two, I find that I'm in a much more relaxed mood and they don't bother me. So when an Akld driver starts cursing, or driving like a nutter on the motorway for whatever reason I do the smile and wave. It's great because it usually just winds them up ha. I find a thumbs up is the ultimate gesture to put them over the edge.

@me_e36 - Nice story, works to some extent, I have an amazing tolerance to a lot of garbage myself.

@Token - Sounds like you have some temper issues to work out as your mum had her head screwed on and just sent him on his way without anything further but a new story to tell. What you did was way OTT and is technically assault, you're lucky the guy didn't go to the police, you'll be even luckier to keep your job!

Now heres the problem, the pansy ass went and complained to the head office of this big retail chain and I am about to recieve another written warning which will mean I have no more :rolleyes: .

Seriously fullas,what would you do,I know in my contract etc it says I cant do it and I went way over the top and I really shouldn't have but really what would you do.

The plus side is that the man was way bigger than me(anyone who's seen me will tell you how not-big I am) so meh.Not really too fussed bout what will happen,just curious to see what others would do after everyone's been saying if that was me I would have done this and this and this.

/end big rant.

Now, back to your story again. There's nothing much for you to do about your job. Your company have its right to fire you for misconduct. It would depends on how and if your direct boss (store manager I presume) will defend you.

I remember some guy came in to buy stuff from me (I was only a salesperson back then), hand me the goods, sign for the credit card slip and I delcined his transaction because his signature wasn't match the one on the back of the card. Upon which the guy scream and yell at me and all then walked out.

On my next shift, my manager said that guy complained to head office that I was rude and impolite (completely not true, my whole team saw the whole thing), brah brah brah. Plus based on my track record of customer services, my manager's took my side and I got off just like that. However, headoffice sent that prick a $50 vouchur for his "trouble".

Anyway, that's my story. Good luck.

I agree with Carl. The world is full of assholes, no need to stoop to their level (as tempting as it may be). Just take comfort in the fact that people like you and your mother had to deal with are most often like that because they lead miserable lives, and are generally unhappy people.

Good luck anyway - hopefully you get off as lightly as possible.

Cheers

Grant

I agree with Carl. The world is full of assholes, no need to stoop to their level (as tempting as it may be). Just take comfort in the fact that people like you and your mother had to deal with are most often like that because they lead miserable lives, and are generally unhappy people.

Good luck anyway - hopefully you get off as lightly as possible.

Cheers

Grant

my sentiments exactly

My Advice; Revenge is a dish best served cold. Easy to say, hard to do in the heat of the moment I know. Should have just go his rego number and then quietly found out where he lives and serve it up at a later date. Even a couple of times. Little screw drivers through the sidewalls of tyres a few times will get really anoying for him.

When someone cuts me up on the road, I generally make sure they are looking at me and then blow them a kiss. Winds most blokes right up!

I had a guy jump out of his car at me the other day, and although I'm a placid bloke, at 6'6" (but bloody skinny) when I jumped straight out of my car, he backed straight down.

I had a guy jump out of his car at me the other day, and although I'm a placid bloke, at 6'6" (but bloody skinny) when I jumped straight out of my car, he backed straight down.

hahaha good on ya!

I know hitting him and throwing a midget shovel was stupid.I see how much trouble I can get in now.You don't really think bout that kinda stuff at the time,especially when it's about yo' mamma.

Anyways,got a warning today...everyones being fairly sweet about it,just think I'm a f**ken nutcase which is fair enough ha.

I've been there for >3 years now and have had a go at a few dickheads for swearing at me but most of them don't escalate to physical violence.

Live and learn I guess.

Good on ya mate.

If it ever happens again, just take a deep breath and his number plate <_<

just remember live by the sword, die by it.

some guys might not have run away and you could have been a smudge on the carpark tarseal.

being a captain tough nuts might seem awesome at the time but it has some far reaching conseqences.. family and friends all get affected.

the best thing is always words. what does it matter him calling you or your mum names?? really?

unless someone is physically threatening you or your family, it and they are nothing.

Im small but im sure most people wouldnt want none of this flava. but i wouldnt have done anywhere near what you did.

dealing with retards (the general public) is what you and your mum are being paid for, its par for the course.

my .2c