Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

BM Workshop

The touring Im looking at is 50 yards away from Guido at BM Workshop and the dealer has offered to get it inspected there....does anyone have any experience with this bloke ?

Ive tried to search and come up with only a couple of hits.

Guido / BM Workshop is one of the top BMW mechanics in the country ... your in safe hands.

The touring Im looking at is 50 yards away from Guido at BM Workshop and the dealer has offered to get it inspected there....does anyone have any experience with this bloke ?

Ive tried to search and come up with only a couple of hits.

before I bought my 3 series I had it inspected at BMworkshop, they were extremely thorough, came up with a list of what needed to be fixed, and even talked to me about the overall condition of the car and what their personal opinion of the condition of the car was. Then gave me a price list of what needed to be fixed. I would highly recommend them

Brilliant, thanks people. Anyone want to offer having a quick peek at the touring for me in return for some bevvies ?

The guy on the phone didnt seem to know too much about it and I just want a few things checked before I drive up there for it.

Brilliant, thanks people. Anyone want to offer having a quick peek at the touring for me in return for some bevvies ?

The guy on the phone didnt seem to know too much about it and I just want a few things checked before I drive up there for it.

I don't mind - where is it?

Thanks for the offers fellas but I think its all over. The guy has just sent me some more photos and the interior is indeed cloth but the worst part is that its all blue. The dash is blue, the panels are blue, the carpets are blue, the seats are blue....its a nightmare !

If I find anything else I shall be sure to ask again, thanks guys....also Guido seems just the ticket :)

just a note.

Leathering the interior and door cards costs 2500. for anything you want .. anyone is more than welcome to see the level of workmanship / stiching on my car (another level above stock BMW leather)

ohnoes!11!!11 :( .... there is no coming back from that then .. haha

Eugh..

They aren't even the nice nice seats.

Wood trim on blue material. :blink:

Hmm. The colour is indeed pretty hideous but the cloth itself looks better than the other cloth found in other E39s IMO - great to sit in too!

Just like that horrid e30 blue interior.

Is it custom? I've never seen an e39 interior that colour.

What's with the colour clash between the gear lever boot (black) and the handbrake boot (blue)?

Hmm. The colour is indeed pretty hideous but the cloth itself looks better than the other cloth found in other E39s IMO - great to sit in too!

Yeah, the more I look at it the less offensive the cloth becomes, if it was all in black I might be prepared to take it and get it retrimmed later.

What's with the colour clash between the gear lever boot (black) and the handbrake boot (blue)?

Probably a replacement gear lever boot.

I have NO idea why blue would appeal to anyone (unless they're colour-blind, inwhich it doesn't count). They got the greys [slate, black, white], red and to match red = blue?!

I've got an E36 with blue, and it is vomit material.

Ive just had a call from the dealers again and they are going to take it to Retro Enhancement tomorrow and find out what it would cost to retrim the entire interior. Thats the center console, the door cards, the dash, everything, even retrim the seats in black leather.

I was gob-smacked because I didnt think it would be financially viable, but he said theyve had the car for months and no-one has shown any interest in it...cant think why !

Edited by Penry

Another putrid colour:

Ugh

I don't reckon thats all that bad. It suits the wood trim heaps better

Would it not be more cost effective to buy a 2nd hand black dash carpet etc and spend a weekend fitting that, or even get them to install them?

Edited by Eddy

Eugh..

They aren't even the nice nice seats.

seat shape is stock e46 sedan seats. same as mine ... just blue

I was gob-smacked because I didnt think it would be financially viable, but he said theyve had the car for months and no-one has shown any interest in it...cant think why !

Tell them to look here ref number C12241.