Sign in to follow this  
uhlsta

E36 M3 Sedan

Hey guys,

Just wondering how many E36 M3 Sedans are in NZ, and how many were actually built. Thats if anyone knows the numbers.

I saw one today in Albany. Black.

Hey guys,

Just wondering how many E36 M3 Sedans are in NZ, and how many were actually built. Thats if anyone knows the numbers.

I saw one today in Albany. Black.

S.F.A, thats how many, they are very rare, i believe they only came in to NZ as a 3.2 evo?

I think theres one in Hawkes Bay (that i know of).

I've seen quite a few separate ones - 5 at least.

One is on the forum

Hey,

Have seen six from memory, have seen one in Avus (??) Blue, Green, 2x Yellow, Black and one in the Copper colour similar to the GM Tiger Gold, not sure of its name. All have been imports bar the Black one ( I think ) and from memory it was an smg. There has also been a Daytona Violet one on TM recently, think that one belongs to a Bimmersport Member.

Not many here and a spectacular buy out of UK as they seem somewhat unloved over there, 4k - 6k GBP will secure a nice one with full history.

Think that might be next years mission. Thats if the Govt. does'nt bring in more new laws to spoil all our enjoyment.

If you want to buy one just make sure you have the vanos checked out and that the Gbox is in good health, they seem to be the two main weaknesses in the evo.

Have an article that lists production runs etc, but don't know how many are here in NZ, not much more than a handful would be a safe bet though.

Cheers

Grant

Edited by oldskool

i always see a dark purple 1 on 19s bimmersport member , bctmm3? i think his name

Seen a few around, not sure if the black one you saw was on TradeMe awhile back? I think there's at least one Dakar Yellow one on TradeMe. A fellow member used to own a Byzanz one and another still has a Violet one.

Theres a blue one in taka, the light 3.2 blue

Estoril Blue E36 M3 Sedan? If so... :wub:

Most of the ones in NZ are NZ new. In the last few months I have seen 4 for sale. They are great cars except one problem - everybody thinks you have stuck an M3 badge on the boot of your 320! I owned the Byzanz car, should have kept it, but my problem is I am always looking at something else.

They are great cars except one problem - everybody thinks you have stuck an M3 badge on the boot of your 320!

That's not necessarily a bad thing... ;)

\. They are great cars except one problem - everybody thinks you have stuck an M3 badge on the boot of your 320!

To the untrained eye, yep.

There's a light purple (not sure of colour name) one in Chch that drives past me everyday when I walk to work. It's always really dirty....shame on the owner if you're out there!! Shame on you!

Gannetboy, that photo in your sig is awesome

Haha... it's amazing how photoshop can make a humble 3 series look awesome! Cheers mate!

Black M3 (BTCCM3)

I have seen this car around a few times, its bloody load!! I didn’t understand the plate, the BTCC were 320i. I think it may be an UK import though.

My missus was calling him a wanker because it had an M3 badge on it, I have trained her in the art of spotting Ebay

M & Trade-Me HSV. I had to explain that there are a few 4-doors around.

I think the M3 saloon is easily spotted by its wheels, they are a different design to the coupe

Edited by Apex

Black M3 (BTCCM3)

I have seen this car around a few times, its bloody load!! I didn’t understand the plate, the BTCC were 320i. I think it may be an UK import though.

My missus was calling him a wanker because it had an M3 badge on it, I have trained her in the art of spotting Ebay

I think the M3 saloon is easily spotted by its wheels, they are a different design to the coupe

They raced M3s in the BTCC also. The 4 door was a homologation version of that - like 318iS (the real ones).

He is a member on here - it sounds badass.

Seen a few around, not sure if the black one you saw was on TradeMe awhile back? I think there's at least one Dakar Yellow one on TradeMe. A fellow member used to own a Byzanz one and another still has a Violet one.

Estoril Blue E36 M3 Sedan? If so... :wub:

Yeh estoril, thats the one.

Black M3 (BTCCM3)

Cool missus :) I think Jared's car is violet not black. AFAIK, Wheels were different on M3s depending on the year, there's no difference between sedan and coupe.

Cool missus :) I think Jared's car is violet not black. AFAIK, Wheels were different on M3s depending on the year, there's no difference between sedan and coupe.

I was under the belief that there was, I know the E36 M3 sedan ran a 5 spoke wheel as opposed to the multi spoke of the coupe.

All that I have seen have had these wheels.

Posted Image

Edited by Apex

i'd take a 4 dr M3 over a 2 dr, just reckon the e36 sedans look better than the coupes, plus you get 2 more doors.

Like Mike, i'd take a 4 door M3 over a 2 door as well, but more because I really need the 4 doors.

Cheers

Grant

I would take a M3 Touring! I have seen a picture of one along with a M3 Compact..Now that would be fun.

Shame they never made them :(

I was under the belief that there was, I know the E36 M3 sedan ran a 5 spoke wheel as opposed to the multi spoke of the coupe.

All that I have seen have had these wheels.

Posted Image

yeah when i got mine it was on these wheels.

it is a uk one by the way and the plate is bacause its one of 2000 built for btcc homologation. so you'r on the button andrew.

Its violet not black and yeah it is a bit loud i have put extra cobys in the pipes but it's still on the loud side of things.