Sign in to follow this  
ED1RTY

M50 Oil Pan.

As im in the process of gathering all the bits together for my M50 conversion I need to know whether or not the Oilpan, Oil Pickup and Dipstick tube from the M50B20 and M50B25 are the same? I.E will the B20 pan bolt up to the B25 and can the B20 pan be used in the coversion to the E30.

Cheers

Chris

you need engine from e34 525i m50 .

further forward sump to match the e30 subframe

As im in the process of gathering all the bits together for my M50 conversion I need to know whether or not the Oilpan, Oil Pickup and Dipstick tube from the M50B20 and M50B25 are the same? I.E will the B20 pan bolt up to the B25 and can the B20 pan be used in the coversion to the E30.

Cheers

Chris

Have a look at this site Chris.. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=129

Heaps of info here

I'm going to do one too, but use the M52B28, manual, LSD, coil overs & Mtech II kit

I've found probably the best E30 318 I in NZ to start off from

Its one owner 4 door M40 manual, done 97,000km...So I'll have plenty of bits to sell too

Luv the colour too...its a Burgandy colour... not sure of the paint code tho

The owners buying another car but hasnt found what hes looking for yet...very fussy old boy

A bit like me

Cheers

Glenn

BTW.....you didnt come up for a beer either ?????......the fridge was full

Edited by botanymotorworx

Yea sorry Glenn I got tied up with the other half haha, will come up this Sunday though.

Ive found that the 2 litre and 2.5 litre sump are the same part numbers so I can score a sump etc much cheaper than expected. Although a few 2.5's have popped up lately so might just go for one of them.

Just ordered new hub assemblies and cups/caps for the front struts, some parts Ex-Germany (Thanks Euro Italia)

Coilovers are coming ex-USA should be here next week and should be all ready to install mid December.

BTW Glenn have been a member on R3V for a long time haha sourced my coilovers through that site, has also been very useful for the DOCH swap.

Cheers

Chris

Will post a photo when I get home of our m50b25 5series sump on the s50 (what you will need to do)

bolts straight onto the bottom end, you need to get a new oil pickup / pump as the sump oil "well" is positioned the other way around to clear the e30 cross-member.