Sign in to follow this  
NZ POM

Newbie from ChCh

As the title says i'm a new member from ChCh, just got me an E36 328i with Schnitzer wheels, bodykit & exhaust system in met blue. Its my first BMW though not my 1st German car, i've had 4, :rolleyes: all VAG but now i've come over to the Dark side and really enjoying my ride and look forward to being part of this forum. As its my first BMW please bare with me if i ask some obvious questions

Welcome aboard, please post up some pic's of your ride.

Allan

Welcome aboard!

Did you buy your car from Allan Milligan cars by chance? One that matched your description was on their yard.

Just took some pics, not very good,i'll take some disant ones when i can get my good camera off my son.

And yep you got it in one, it came from Alan Milligan

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

welcome, we're having a get together this weekend in chc, have a look in the meetings section for more details, would be nice to see you there :-D

Nice, full ACS kit. Can't see the spoiler properly though. Is it Montreal Blue?

Thanks for the welcome & comments guys, yes its Montreal blue.

Can anyone tell me are the rear lights and front indicators standard or are they aftermarket ones. its just that the side repeaters are smoked and they look odd against the others. Also not sure about the H/lights,if youlook closely they've got horizontal lines running through them(click on pic for a closer look)

One more pic

Posted Image

Edited by NZPOM

welcome, we're having a get together this weekend in chc, have a look in the meetings section for more details, would be nice to see you there :-D

Sure i'm keen, but whats the venue and time

Thanks for the welcome & comments guys, yes its Montreal blue.

Can anyone tell me are the rear lights and front indicators standard or are they aftermarket ones. its just that the side repeaters are smoked and they look odd against the others. Also not sure about the H/lights,if youlook closely they've got horizontal lines running through them(click on pic for a closer look)

One more pic

Posted Image

They all look factory to me - Mine has the same clears as well from the factory and its a 98, pics attached.

What year is she?

post-2185-1196668003_thumb.jpg

post-2185-1196668026_thumb.jpg

Have a close look at the rear lights and front indicators, do they have a tiny BMW logo on them? Original side indicators won't have BMW logo but should have the logo of the OEM, will probably be one that looks like an 'S'. Are you sure that the side indicators are smoked, as original BMW clear side indicators look a little smoked compared to the front and rear ones which appear more white.

Headlights look to be original. See if they say Bosch on the lower corners of the lights, or ZKW.

Thanks for the answers, as i said in my intro its my 1st Bmw so im a bit naive.

After mucking about with all the switches i'd say the H/lights are OEM as they can tilt up/down by a switch on the dash (cooool) i'm all exicited (luv gadgets)

Oh i almost forgot its a 96,

One more question is there anywhere in NZ that sells ACS stuff, as i'd like to keep the going by adding a few more mods

Thanks again

ACS gear is pretty darn hard to get mate, trust me i no, and ive had alot of it but not east to get at all.

Best bet is trademe

One more question is there anywhere in NZ that sells ACS stuff, as i'd like to keep the going by adding a few more mods

The only thing you probably need for your car for the exterior are ACS mirrors and roof spoiler - yours is already pretty ACS'd out! As Riley said, ACS stuff is hard to get, there's no particular place to source them so you just need to look around.

welcome, pretty sweet car

The only thing you probably need for your car for the exterior are ACS mirrors and roof spoiler - yours is already pretty ACS'd out! As Riley said, ACS stuff is hard to get, there's no particular place to source them so you just need to look around.

BMW $tealers are the NZ ACS agents

Edited by Mike

I stand corrected. Totally ruled them out because they are usually too expensive but it's worth a try! I think they had a special on some E36 Ti ACS bits last year.

Cheers again !!!

Looks like its Trademe or overseas then as i no all about $tealers and there mark ups .