Sign in to follow this  
Mark

DEPO Clear light kit installed!

Well 3 weeks after ordering my new lights, they finally arrived. I was hoping to have them in time for the Chch meet which hacks me off now more than ever because they really set the car off and the Boston green looks so much better without the amber indicators clashing with it!

Install was straight forward, although had to do some dodgy panelbeating to get the right hand side tail to sit flush. This was due to the bolt threads not being long enough.

Also; the bulb holder for the right front indicator was very brittle and broke as I unclipped it, so that's taped up until I can get to BMW tomorrow.

But anyway: Here are some before and after pics....

post-2031-1198649663_thumb.jpg post-2031-1198650711_thumb.jpg

post-2031-1198650722_thumb.jpg post-2031-1198650734_thumb.jpg

post-2031-1198650758_thumb.jpg

All in all, certainly a worthwhile mod if you're still rocking the ambers! :D

iv got these they are awsome oem quality comes with all the bulbs highly recomend

james(international) take note!

iv got these they are awsome oem quality comes with all the bulbs highly recomend

james(international) take note!

ha...yes..2nd on the purchase list...behind pod filter :P

Gannetboy, could you please let me know which web site you ordered then from and how much they were? Im just after the rears and side repeators. Cheers

Guest 540Si

Nice

It looks really good. Was thinking about it myself, but now am definitely going to do the same when the finances bounce back

Gannetboy, could you please let me know which web site you ordered then from and how much they were? Im just after the rears and side repeators. Cheers

Just got them from seller Eurolights on Trademe. Link here

It's probably cheaper if you buy the whole set and then onsell the front indicators.

Cost for my set was $270 plus $35 shipping. You'll need a set for a coupe though, which are slightly more expensive because the demand is greater.

Good luck, they do look awesome, I can't stop going outside to check out my car!!! :D

ha...yes..2nd on the purchase list...behind pod filter :P

Pod filter does NOTHING! NOTHING I tells you!!! IMO, you're wasting cash that can go towards your lights.

My 2 cents. :)

Guest 540Si

Pod filter does NOTHING! NOTHING I tells you!!! IMO, you're wasting cash that can go towards your lights.

Agreed!

Took one out of my car and went back to stock airbox - you should hear it now! ;)

Oh dont you worry Mr...the allocation for the white lights are already there...I just to happen to have a spare cash or two for a airfilter...its not just an airfilter...*hint *hint :P

Oh dont you worry Mr...the allocation for the white lights are already there...I just to happen to have a spare cash or two for a airfilter...its not just an airfilter...*hint *hint :P

Pics required to assess performance worthiness.... ;)

Posted Image

here is mine i have had nothing but good comments on sound from old an young an it works

Posted Image

here is mine i have had nothing but good comments on sound from old an young an it works

Bro thats tidy, nice sound i bet

Looks real nice. Replacing the orange bulbs too with some phantoms bulbs will give you a real clean look.

Allan

Bro thats tidy, nice sound i bet

yeh man sounds realy good , yep its tidy an fucntions as a cold air box should ,iv been researching how to get more cold air in its got a small cut out at the back for the air flow sensor to sit in or whatever that little sensor is , its got a fin that goes infront of radiator reserve and directs the air in to the box from where the factory would on a cold nite you can really tell the diffrence it does go a wee bit quicker but nuffin to brag if some one is going to do a pod set up iv been told by alot of mechanics and guys who work on race teams this is how you do it

yeh man sounds realy good , yep its tidy an fucntions as a cold air box should ,iv been researching how to get more cold air in its got a small cut out at the back for the air flow sensor to sit in or whatever that little sensor is , its got a fin that goes infront of radiator reserve and directs the air in to the box from where the factory would on a cold nite you can really tell the diffrence it does go a wee bit quicker but nuffin to brag if some one is going to do a pod set up iv been told by alot of mechanics and guys who work on race teams this is how you do it

Oh trust me...its sounds a lot better than what words can describe...lol