Sign in to follow this  
pureboiracer

top 5 cars and bikes EVER!!!!

i thought id just put this out there for interests sake. heres a list of what i believe are the best bakes and cars ever built and a little reason why.

please post up your list and a reason just to see what everyone thinks

1. ford model T this has to be number one for being such a feat of engineering to design the first afordable production car

2. britton bike. this bike was designed and built in a back shed. by hand, by one guy and went out and outperformed brands such as ducati.

3. fod mustang. yes although everyone know about the mustang and they were everywhere in there time. they had alot of compition from things like the dodge charger and couger and pontiac firebird etc etc but this car still is being made today.

4.audi quattro. the first 4wd passenger car produced. very ahead of its time.

5. y2k. whoever had the idea of putting a helecopter jet on a moterbike and actualy had the guts to do it deserves some recognition.

Just the first 5 cars that sprung to mind

1) Toyota Corolla - Unbreakable, unbeatable.

2) VW Beatle – The people’s car.

3) Ferrari F40 – Just bad ass.

4) Nissan Skyline GTR BNR32 - Technical marvel.

5) BMW E30 M3 – As a kid I believed the M3 to be the coolest car on the planet…Still does.

Don’t get into bikes.

Just the first 5 cars that sprung to mind

1) Toyota Corolla - Unbreakable, unbeatable.

2) VW Beatle – The people’s car.

3) Ferrari F40 – Just bad ass.

4) Nissan Skyline GTR BNR32 - Technical marvel.

5) BMW E30 M3 – As a kid I believed the M3 to be the coolest car on the planet…Still does.

Don’t get into bikes.

Great list. Totally agree on everything but the beetle.. never really felt much for those things.

I had a late model Corolla and it had the worst build quality of any car I have owned. And I have owned French and Italian cars, too. It's a myth of reliability, like Fisher & Paykel.

My list would be:

Lotus Elise. It reminded us of what we nearly forgot about with the EVO/AMG lardass techno generation- light weight.

Porsche 911. A mad combination of a fundamentally flawed drivetrain layout, coupled with amazing German engineering. Still a winning combination, 45 years on.

Fiat 130 Coupe, on looks alone. No one else loves it though.

The original Mini.

And the first VTEC Hondas.

no no no i think its:

toyota hilux.........undefeatable. and just plain staunch

ferrari f40........niiiiiiiiiiice

bmw e30 m3............as good as the day they were made

mitsubishi evo 7 and up...........just plain cool

annnnnnnnndddd

aston db9s the same as james bond drives

some good choices, i would have to say...

1.. most reliable car i've owned, my 1996 Nissan Turbo 4x4 deisel

2.. the new BMW M5 V10

3.. TVR Speed 12, ( every since GT4, i've always wanted one)

4.. SS Camaro or Doge Challenger (madness)

5.. Susuki Hyabusa 1200 bike (insane to ride)

i must say that camaro of transformers is pretty much the business

and the new m3. but hey. i love bmws and pretty much will say any bmw lol

haha na thats a good list. the beetle being the (burnt) peoples car was much better than the model t you are right. but im not sure about the ducati?

i would think the kawasaki ninja would be better but i dont know too much about bikes they just come in a staunch green. ive heard rumors of something called a hi-booster turbo? a 1300 cc turbo? or is it just that...a rumor?

haha na thats a good list. the beetle being the (burnt) peoples car was much better than the model t you are right. but im not sure about the ducati?

i would think the kawasaki ninja would be better but i dont know too much about bikes they just come in a staunch green. ive heard rumors of something called a hi-booster turbo? a 1300 cc turbo? or is it just that...a rumor?

thats the hyabusa turbo, that thing is nuts, up to 110k in first gear.

man that sounds mental...how much does one of those set you back? and whats the top speed etc?

i'm not to sure, i know the 1100 non turbo 2001, has come down alot in price,

my uncle had one and i think he sold it for 18K, i dont think are any turbo ones in NZ,

would be cool if there were.

We've got a 1920' Model T, it just gets towed around on a trailer and its branded up Jack Daniel's, i think its in the south island at the moment, still runs & drivable if your up for it :D 2 clutch pedals and the throttles a lever on the steering wheel, takes a little gettin used to.

i'm not to sure, i know the 1100 non turbo 2001, has come down alot in price,

my uncle had one and i think he sold it for 18K, i dont think are any turbo ones in NZ,

would be cool if there were.

We've got a 1920' Model T, it just gets towed around on a trailer and its branded up Jack Daniel's, i think its in the south island at the moment, still runs & drivable if your up for it :D 2 clutch pedals and the throttles a lever on the steering wheel, takes a little gettin used to.

mate if its got 4 wheels id be up for it haha

my mates got a hot rod model t aye, probably one of the most extreme rides ive been in! never been so scared. no doors and a little piss arsed windscreen between you and the thirsty supercharged v8. scared the poants off me

any decent bike..ie over 750 will do over a 100 in first....as for saying the beetle is better than a model T what a crock of sh*t,,you can t say one is better...the model t started it all for us...

(Ford) still doo not understand good engineering like weight distribution , something BMW have got roight since the early 70's

I won't disagree that the Model T was reportedly crap, but current opinion seems to hold most Euro Fords (Focus/Fiesta/Mondeo/S-Max etc) in pretty high regards, especially with respect to handling, which has to be engineering based.

The beetle on the other hand was an innovative solution with independant suspension in 1934 excellent traction and sensible design creating a rigid body shell that protected its passengers. PIck another model that survived nearly 60 years in production with only minor changes to the body shell design and engineering. and by the way had better kilowatt per litre output than a standard chev from 1970

Even if power/litre of an engine has any bearing on the prowess of a car (same link posted in other thread), stating that a cars specific power output beats a 70's Chev (or mustang, or other US V8) is not much of a compliment.

In summary, neither the model T or beetle would get close to my top 5 - maybe

Mclaren F1 - unsurpassed

Original Mini - changed car design

Audi Ur Quattro - ditto

Jensen FF - flawed, but way ahead of its time

E30 M3 - just because

agreed 3 pedals...i have owned a earlier 900 ducati and somehow it performed way above its supposed power weight ratio...As a car the model T may have been crap,but it was perhaps compromised greatly by henry fords vison of mass production..crap car maybe ,important car yes...

For me top five would be:

1. Porsche 911

2. Porsche 917

3. BMW E30 M3

4. McLaren F1

5. BMW 3.0 CSL

With the e30 (not just the m3) I feel they are one of the greatest cars are because...

If you look at any other car still around on NZ roads in numerious numbers from the early 80's what is it. the e30.

I will say that the e30 isn't the fastest nor best looking (in standard form) however it certainly is more fun then anything else from that era. I own a e30 m325i and a e46 330i as many of you know. I really fun the e30 far more fun to drive. However I would say the e46 is more fun at the limits for share speed and handling but we dont drive like this every day now do we :)

Pagani is probably the most over styled piece of Italian rubbish ever.

1/ Toss up between the Mini and the Beetle. Both sold sh1tloads and production lasted forever but I'm gonna take the beetle over the mini because of Herbie films.

2/ The classic Rangerover. Starter of the SUV craze and had an amazing amount of snobbery when you consider how crap they were. Makes it very easy to recognise the w@nkers on the road.

3/ Lotus seven. Balls out performance and handling that current supercars can barely compete with. If you own an e30 M3 then whatever you do don't drive one of these.

4/ Lambo Countach. Everything you could ever want stuck on a poster on your wall at age 10. Would pull serious growler too.

5/ The batmobile (original one please). I wanna car with rocket launchers and a flames that comes out the back. Forget big bores, it made the best noise in the world too. Godammit I want the cape and mask and I might even start wearing undies outside my trousers.

There definitely wouldn't be a BM in my top 30 cars.

Edited by rogan

Probably closer to 160 kmh in first ,Many of the current 1000cc Sports bikes will do this.

Saw a "Busa" turbo in action late last year are the Carterton Sprints. The guy was running a lowish boost which resulted in 230 rear bhp.

Was having issues with the standard ECU so wasn't running to it's full potential. Still managed a flying quarter around the 290 km mark.

A standard non turbo one managed over 300km in the last sprints.

Cars

1, BMW E30 M3 (most successful touring car)

2, 930 Turbo , Porsche get serious

3, BMC Mini (ok .... I own a couple of these ,41 years of production)

4, Contach Lambo

5, Merc SLR

Bikes

1, MV Augusta

2, Britten V1000

3, Ducati 851 Best sounding L-twin

4, Yamaha R1 (1999) , First lightweight 1000cc road rocket

5, Buell Old iron meets motorgp