Sign in to follow this  
jimbo01

Who txt's while driving?

Who txt's while driving?  

96 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Everyone knows it shouldn't be done, that's why there is a law on it, then again it does happen and theres nothing anyone can really do? I try not to but it's tempting to just lift the phone and read.... then reply.

Thats laughable, you seriously think that 'thinking about dinner' is in the same league as holding a mobile in front of your face and looking at that screen instead of the road ?

Unless your Marty Feldman your either looking at one or the other !

I agree with you on this one - I'm surpised just how many beleive that THEY can do this safely!

It like all the drunk drivers of the past who could "drive as well with a few under the belt as sober", they genuinely thought this was the case. They were wrong. If your eyes are focused on a cell phone 18" from your face, they are not focused on the road, if you are reading something, you are not focused on driving.

Now we know another reason why the road toll is going up, over 40% of Bimmer Sport drivers, who one could assume are of at least average intellgence, are txting while driving! Even scarier - many seem to think it's OK.

I look at text at red light and if it is not important or personal then I get my passenger to read or text, otherwise I just make a call. People on the other end of the phone always wonder why I suddenly say hang on a minute and go silence. That is because I am a man and I can't do two things at once and have to focus on indicating and changing lanes or making a turn :D

I used to touch txt but now I tend to just pull over, send a quick txt & in doing so i've spelt everything correct & prevented myself from being distracted. Obviously i would NOT if I'm on the motorway, I'm sure the txting can wait while driving on the motorway....

I have encountered a number of d**kheads who have no consideration for people around them & when you do get their attention to get off that damn phone they just wave a "sorry" to you. Makes me wanna beat them with a stick!

Edited by Kpax

Makes me wanna beat them with a stick!

An ugly stick!

no, its between idiots and people who realise txting and driving is f**king dodgy.

no, its between idiots and people who realise txting and driving is f**king dodgy.

I think alot of you a mis-reading what most are agreeing to when they vote they "text & drive".

It does not mean that they are distracted 100% of the journey.

It does not mean that they are distracted 100% of the text message.

It does mean that they text when it is appropriate to do so in a safe manner.

This includes at the traffic lights, in slow traffic, in long straights and when no other cars are around.

I do not speak for everyone, by the sounds of things, not for the person the orginal poster is talking about, but deffinately for myself and WILL not stop texting as I am NO danger to others.

I could pick 5 more serious things to discuss that I see on a daily basis compared to text messaging as a whole.

....WILL not stop texting as I am NO danger to others.

I bet thats exactly what the driver responsible for this whole thread thinks too <_<

I bet thats exactly what the driver responsible for this whole thread thinks too <_<

:rolleyes:

Sorry guys, driving is a 100% operation. If you think a cop's going to let you off for hitting a pedestrian if you say, "I was only texting, I was watching the road the rest of the time", then you're way off the mark, and you know it. Stop trying to justify something you know is wrong.

Just my opinion tho.

This Thread=Pointless Arguing.

It doesn't matter if its texting or playing with your cd player or even eating.

The bottom line is if your doing something other than driving your guilty.

Its not only "Texters"

But then, This is just an "Idiots" opinion.

A little whle ago in Taupo (i think) an asian lady was driving down the road whilst trying to open a bottle of coke, that was distracting enough because she then ran over a cyclist, they found her guilty. So yeah txting is not only the distracting thing that goes on the vehicle.

Never, i'd feel horrible if i hit and killed someone while texting.

I'd rather just minimise the risk of that happening and be safe rather than sorry

i do it at a few lights in town (main ones stay red for a good 1-3 mins...) other than that i never txt in a car, way too dodgy, my mate was in a accident because of a idiot with a cell once, i wouldnteven use hands free, scared i might loose concentration for a second :(

my opinion :)

just at trafic lights but they are short txts just sayn, 4min away etc but beside that nahh FARRK that

I don't text in the car, actually hardly text at all, if I want to speak to someone I call them and yes I admit I do this while driving too but I put the phone down whenever I'm needing to concentrate, husband is used to this =)

Hell no, im bad enough when TXTing at home :P

Hands free Bluetooth calling in both cars, it’s the only way to go!

Guilty.

I text without looking at the phone though. And try to make a habit of not making it a habit :D

Yeah Im guilty of doin it as well.

Had a Mate who had his car smashed up while parked on the side of the road. Some little girlie dropped her phone in the passangers foot well so she decided to lean down and pick it up. When she leaned over she pulled the steering wheel to the left and also managed to punch the gas pedal to the floor. Swiped the whole nose off his car and you could see the engine through from where the Left Front Guard used to be.

He was just lucky that he wasnt in the car or it couldve been much, much worse.

I guess we all know its wrong to do and we all know we shouldnt.

Just my 2c

Hoh! I'm very guilty of this. Hmmm, never ever have had to really take my eyes off the road while I'm texting, only for a split second to check to see if it makes sense. (Lots of practice from classes in school!)

Texting while driving isn't much different from fiddling with your ipod or headunit. Or staring up someone nice looking who's walking down the street. (Come on boys, all guilty!)

Hmmm maybe mouse can run some lessons or sumthnn. :P

peace..

Guest Simon*

Or staring up someone nice looking who's walking down the street. (Come on boys, all guilty!)

Guys can do this without moving their heads :) Years of training from having to do it with ... someone else in the car ;)

Although I do know a guy who drove right up the back of a car on the shore because he'd noticed a pedestrian in a bikini

Although I do know a guy who drove right up the back of a car on the shore because he'd noticed a pedestrian in a bikini

Poor guy. He obviously needs to work on his skills. Haha...f**k how embarrassing!

Yeah Im also guilty, although I do try and do it in the safest way possible ie. Not while cornering, only when driving slow/stopped etc, and also without looking at the screen the whole time, only to make sure people can understand what it means. I do know its a bad idea tho...