Sign in to follow this  
Damo

E30 335ti

sounds like fun.seeing 10psi any time soon? or is orbit not an option :unsure:

Give me a few weeks to get the knock sensors in, and we will check 12psi + in there and see what happens :)

Hi All!

Been a while since I updated this, but nobody is buying it so I have decided to have a little play:

I took the car out to the track for the first time in 4+ years a few weeks ago for a sunday drive, just to make sure nothing fell off :) I was particularly paranoid about the brakes (NZV8 package adapted to e36 hubs) but they felt waaaaay better on the track than they do on the road.

It was also overfuelling like mad due to my rough mapping at the new boost level, so much so that one of the young E30 series racers asked me if it was a diesel :)

Being unused for so long though, I did find that all of my once new radiator hoses decided to split, every time I came back into the pits I blew another one!! so I decided it was time for a completely new cooling system before I get on the track again.

- New wastegate spring now at 10psi instead of 6~8

- Adjustable camber subframe in rear, now back to ~1 degree camber in rear

- Wilwood 6 pots (ex NZV8)

- alloy 2 core 56mm radiator

- swirl/header tank and new silicon hoses all round, re-routed cooling system for better flow

- air diverter plate for new rad

I will take some engine bay pics this weekend. I am well hooked on track time in this car now, so hoping to get out there a few more times this summer once I get hold of a tow car.

I also noticed it starting feeling very 'light' in the rear over 230kph, I think that may be a combination of too hard rear suspension, the big air scoop under the car created by my rear bumper, and possibly lack of a spoiler? what do you guys think?

I also noticed it starting feeling very 'light' in the rear over 230kph, I think that may be a combination of too hard rear suspension, the big air scoop under the car created by my rear bumper, and possibly lack of a spoiler? what do you guys think?

I think most cars without a spoiler are going to get light at 230kph. Its just not a problem most people have at the track! My 2002 would barely squeak to 170kph at Puke (needed a tailwind, otherwise high 160kph).

Sounds real exciting Damo, you'd be posting some respectable lap times with that kind of speed? Hope to be joining the turbo club next season myself.

Sounds real exciting Damo, you'd be posting some respectable lap times with that kind of speed? Hope to be joining the turbo club next season myself.

not at all, I was probably doing 2 minute laps :) Just went out there to see how everything would feel at those speeds, but taking the corners super easy until I learn to drive and get some semi's on the rear - semi's on front and road tires rear makes for very unpredictable grip...

Looks really well done mate.

quick question,

i have recently done an m30 swap into an e30 and am having issues with starter/flywheel.

what flywheel and starter have u used?

Cheers

If you use the M30 flywheel you must use the M30 starter, same for M10 I believe, the teeth are different.

I will take some engine bay pics this weekend. I am well hooked on track time in this car now, so hoping to get out there a few more times this summer once I get hold of a tow car.

Longest time between weekends ever :) anyway some attempted photos of the new cooling system:

post-168-1296152292.jpg

post-168-1296152300.jpg

post-168-1296152318.jpg

post-168-1296152326.jpg

post-168-1296152335.jpg

No power steering ? :unsure:

Its at the driver end of the steering column :mellow:

After adding the weight of several basking sharks to the front with the M30, anything non-essential left the building!

Its at the driver end of the steering column :mellow:

After adding the weight of several basking sharks to the front with the M30, anything non-essential left the building!

Your annual gym fees are either going to go up....or down :rolleyes:

It's time to get this on the Track and see what she can do

B)

Sold I take it?

Loaded up awaiting payment and collection

Watched it drive away with someone I am happy to see take it, the end of an era for me :)

now on to the other BMW project hiding in the garage!

man thats been a long term project for you .

i remember when we picked upi that donar e23 735i for the engine vlock all those years ago .

whats your new project??

Oh no! Thanks for all your help with mine.

I look forward to seeing what comes next.

Watched it drive away with someone I am happy to see take it, the end of an era for me :)

now on to the other BMW project hiding in the garage!

Speaking of which, did you see the flywheel and clutch etc on trademe?

man thats been a long term project for you .

i remember when we picked upi that donar e23 735i for the engine vlock all those years ago .

whats your new project??

Ill start a thread once I can drag her out into the sunlight (still on pedal power).

1972 2002....... only a matter of time until it becomes a 2002 turbo :)

Oh no! Thanks for all your help with mine.

I look forward to seeing what comes next.

No problem! yeah quite enthused about the 2002, will see if that lasts after I cut 6 square metres of rust out of it :)

<_<

Changed the car without starting a new auction too...

didnt this 1quad1 guy have afew other race cars that got sold again straight away.. m50 e30 and something else