Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

This was a shock

sevens are massively underated,they are nt much bigger than a 5 or a coomodre or whayever,and any engine problem with a 740 will me mirrored in a 540 ....You guys stick to your little cars,will make the 5 and sevens cheaper for those that like tanks as opposed to roller skates.

Mr E 34 a 540 would prolly be a relatively simple recipient for a m62,and a 740 would prolly use very very little extra fuel than ours...I was astounded at the mileage a 540 six speed can get.

sevens are massively underated,they are nt much bigger than a 5 or a coomodre or whayever,and any engine problem with a 740 will me mirrored in a 540 ....You guys stick to your little cars,will make the 5 and sevens cheaper for those that like tanks as opposed to roller skates.

Mr E 34 a 540 would prolly be a relatively simple recipient for a m62,and a 740 would prolly use very very little extra fuel than ours...I was astounded at the mileage a 540 six speed can get.

I took the 740 (4.4 V8) from Auckland to Gisborne and back, averaged 9.6km/100km and that was driving the car HARD though the gorge from Opotiki to Matawhai(?). With EDC on and using steptronic mode left many a car (even a guy in a legacy TT wagon - he was pissed off) for dust through the twisty stuff!

haha how much for the 750il? and wot year is it

listing is on Trade Me

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-141692941.htm

if you are serious contact me via PM. We are selling it on behalf for a mate who has returned to Japan. Price is definitely negotiable :)

Or if ya can't afford that there is always the silver 735(Black leather) or Blue 740 (miami vice grey leather)

I took the 740 (4.4 V8) from Auckland to Gisborne and back, averaged 9.6km/100km and that was driving the car HARD though the gorge from Opotiki to Matawhai(?). With EDC on and using steptronic mode left many a car (even a guy in a legacy TT wagon - he was pissed off) for dust through the twisty stuff!

Are you Michael Schumacher, or could he just not drive? Because those Legacys handle ok :huh:

Are you Michael Schumacher, or could he just not drive? Because those Legacys handle ok :huh:

Legacys handle ok , they just understeer!!!!!!! when pushed hard

haha bit of both I think :P .Probably should have mentioned it was 94ish, he was one of those guys that could drive really quickly in a straight line! Edited by zenetti

Legacy TTs are slow anyways.

and yes call me young dumb and slag whatever :P

Haha call you both. Those cars don't deserve boy racer treatment. Ah if it wasn't for Japanese imports flooding the market.....

Legacy TTs are slow anyways.

Nine out of ten of them are auto and poked and the manual one's even when running properly wallow about and have very little power until the second small turbo kicks in and even then its not much... The Facelift GT-B’s go well though and would Probably edge out a 3.0M3 with a big launch.

Didn't someone knock me for offering 6 k on one of these..

Yep, you know damn well its worth more than that, those cars that have sold recently are in very poor condition to mine in all aspects.

Same person who thought he could swap it for my 'vert...

Yep, I'm sure your auction said something about swaps.

Idiots.

Haha call you both. Those cars don't deserve boy racer treatment. Ah if it wasn't for Japanese imports flooding the market.....

those look like nice wheels on your car , what are they ? custom ? :P

Edited by Pboy

Nine out of ten of them are auto and poked and the manual one's even when running properly wallow about and have very little power until the second small turbo kicks in and even then its not much... The Facelift GT-B’s go well though and would Probably edge out a 3.0M3 with a big launch.

Haha the only reason i know this is my mate has a f/l GTB wag, doesnt get that much of a jump at the start, within seconds it gets dicked by the M3.

Good stuff, my brothers stock GTB must have some secret internal modifications then because it does the quarter in low 14’s witch I thought was quite quick!

If GT-B's are so slow what does the 3.0L M3 do the quarter stock?

Personally I hate the thing and I am in no way trying to compare it to a M3 in anything more than a drag race.

Oh yeah i understand where your comming from, i shouldn't have said they are slow cause my mates one is quick for what it is, just so much lag between the two turbos, i believe the GTBs and the WRXs have forged internals from standard, both with 206kw, mine is 210kw. Just that little bit extra B)

I think the 3.0l M3 was in the 14s somewhere (i think, correct me if i'm wrong).

We had a 97 Gt-b wagon, twin turbo, all the bodykit etc and the 740 just canned it off the lights. The Scooby just sat there doing bugger all until the first turbo kicked in and then it went like a rocket.

Unfortunately the 7 was already half way down the road by then !

Haha lag, not a friend of turbos.

isn't it funny how we all get off topic so quickly :P

The biggest prob with the TT legacy's is that the first turbo runs out of puff before the 2nd one kicks in. My old VR4 was hugely different, the turbos were so smooth, maybe the V6 engine made a difference too?

edit: ran the spellcheck

Edited by zenetti

We had a 97 Gt-b wagon, twin turbo, all the bodykit etc and the 740 just canned it off the lights. The Scooby just sat there doing bugger all until the first turbo kicked in and then it went like a rocket.

Unfortunately the 7 was already half way down the road by then !

Rev it to 6,000rpm and drop the clutch, it’s like a fricken bungee, that’s the only way my brother could pull off a low 14. He can only do that once every so often if he wants his gear box and drive train to stay in tack though!

From a rolling start my car eats in until he hits his second turbo in third gear.

Last seven I drove was very tired and drove like drunk elephant wearing crocks, had 200,000+ KMS on it though.

Rev it to 6,000rpm and drop the clutch, it’s like a fricken bungee, that’s the only way my brother could pull off a low 14. He can only do that once every so often if he wants his gear box and drive train to stay in tack though!

From a rolling start my car eats in until he hits his second turbo in third gear.

Last seven I drove was very tired and drove like drunk elephant wearing crocks, had 200,000+ KMS on it though.

Wow, thats a very quick 320 touring!

;)

She goes like the clappers Im telling ya! Hahah. I was referring to the Astray.

A 3.0l M3 should do 14.3 for a 1/4 mile off memory.

Mum's scooby wagon goes quite well around the twisties, but it is such a mission to drive hard. You need to stir the gearbox like a 2 stroke motorbike.

I'd expect a 740 to eat it on a long trip and the driver would be comfortable doing it. A 540iS would kill it for sure after the first 400m in a straight line.

zenetti, I just realised where I know you from, you had a VR-4 for a while and posted on club vr-4 :)