Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

E34 tow bar installation

you would think a car trailer would be best to have that setup anyway

Very true, my thoughts exactly

it's an old car trailer, but yes it should have a 2" coupling. perhaps I get a coupling to fit to the trailer?

it's an old car trailer, but yes it should have a 2" coupling. perhaps I get a coupling to fit to the trailer?

that would seem the only way to solve the problem.Do other people also use the trailer ?

that would seem the only way to solve the problem.Do other people also use the trailer ?

yes they do, the person i borrow it from also lends it to other people as well as using it himself now and then

yes they do, the person i borrow it from also lends it to other people as well as using it himself now and then

hmm that must make it difficult,every other person must have trouble

i went and saw the guys at north shore tow bars and they said that 90% of trailers have the 1 7/8" coupling including car trailers. What we have decided to do is cut the end of the shaft off and weld a tongue on with an eye for the safety chain and then I can use standard tow balls and interchange them if I need to.