Sign in to follow this  
deane30

What can I do?

Hi everyone,

Some where along the way I lost the fog light blank cover on my e30. I got onto trade me to find another one and asked a question on the BMW parts guys (with over 100 positive feedbacks) auction if he had one. He said yes and that I could have it for $30 incl postage. I thought this was pretty good so I agreed and deposited the money into his account right away. This was on the 21st of january. Two weeks later I still hadnt recieved anything so I emailed him and he didn't email back. A couple of days later and I emailed him again. This time he emailed back saying he would send it the next day and that he was busy. 3 weeks after this and I still have not receieved anything. i have emailed him at least 3 more times and no replys.

I noticed that since I bought the fog light blank cover two feedbacks have popped up for him which have been negative as they have not recieved anything yet.

He was still posting new auctions last week so I don't think anything too bad could have happened to him yet I am suprised as his feedback before was good.

What should I do? I think I have been very patient and polite to him so far but am now fed up and just want my money back or the product.

Any advice??

Dean

Whats the user name?

Someone on here might know who they are or dealt with them

Whats the user name?

Someone on here might know who they are or dealt with them

bavarianspares or bmspares they have two.

He seemed very reasonable at first. i don't want to start a witch hunt I'd just really like the part or my money back so I can fix the problem

He seemed very reasonable at first. i don't want to start a witch hunt I'd just really like the part or my money back so I can fix the problem

See if you can find out his number or get someone else to through an auction and give them a call see whats up.

It's been long enough... leave him bad feedback. Also, if you give the bank a call, sometimes they can reverse transactions if you explain what has happened. (Might be too far gone as it was a while ago now)

I'm having the exact opposite problem to you at the moment. A guy paid me for a bumper I'm selling but then hasn't been in touch with me for over a month now! I have no address to send the bumper, his email address no longer works and I have $400 of his money! What to do?!

It's been long enough... leave him bad feedback. Also, if you give the bank a call, sometimes they can reverse transactions if you explain what has happened. (Might be too far gone as it was a while ago now)

I'm having the exact opposite problem to you at the moment. A guy paid me for a bumper I'm selling but then hasn't been in touch with me for over a month now! I have no address to send the bumper, his email address no longer works and I have $400 of his money! What to do?!

You know he'll pop up and hit you up for it a some point, relist the bumper tho.

JP, one of your customers not happy? ;)

Pretty sure they are 2 of jp's many alias'

There's at least one other person who is trying to get JP to either come through with parts or return their cash.

That's JP, he's on here, shoot him a PM.

Let it sit in the bank and earn the interest until he contacts you, of course. Just don't be silly and spend it ;)

wooooh thats a whole lot of bad feedback recently

Pinched some of my TM parts pics for his listings too by the looks <_<

I wish I could leave some negative feedback but I didn't purchase it through an auction I just made contact with him through one by asking a question.

Sent him this PM:

Jared,

I am sick of waiting for you to send the fog light blank.

I paid you on the 21st of January and I would like you to refund my $30

Bank account details are:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dean

Not worth the time and effort to chase back $30 I reckon.

Lesson learnt and move on.

Not worth the time and effort to chase back $30 I reckon.

Lesson learnt and move on.

Not entirely untrue.

However, if this person who likes to frequent this site steals $30 from every member then it becomes significant.

It is just the thin edge of the wedge. Our company will pursue you until the end of the earth on principal and not worry about whether they lose cash or not. It really needs to be done.

There are plenty of others around who will do the same. The apathy you support is why scumbags can continue to be successful. Tell someone about it, let your friends know. Don't let it happen again.

The adage is, if you find something you like. You will tell 5 of your friends. If you find something you don't like, you will tell 20 of your friends.

Dean,

Which side foglight blank is it?

I think I have some extras I was keeping on the off chance that I might need them oneday, but you can have the one you need. Just cover the cost for postage.

I have met Jared twice and he seemed ok, but you never know. Jared - a case to answer here mate! We can't be having dishonest members.

Guest Simon*

I have a lot of sympathy for you Dean. I don't think there's anything worse in the trademe world than someone who abuses the good faith system it operates on.

I'm not going to rush to pass judgement here, because if there is a legitimate excuse for this transaction to have such a long delay, it wouldn't be fair to that person to name and shame him just yet. Let him come out and defend his actions to date.

However, if that's not the case, they should be crucified for what is basically theft or fraud. As time goes by and this looks increasingly likely, I'd have no hesitation in calling for them to be banned from this forum at the very least.

I think he might be surprised to find that it's another BS member he's unwittingly screwed. Shame when you sh*t in your own nest.

My 2c

And good on you Graham for helping a brother out - nice to see

Not entirely untrue.

However, if this person who likes to frequent this site steals $30 from every member then it becomes significant.

It is just the thin edge of the wedge. Our company will pursue you until the end of the earth on principal and not worry about whether they lose cash or not. It really needs to be done.

There are plenty of others around who will do the same. The apathy you support is why scumbags can continue to be successful. Tell someone about it, let your friends know. Don't let it happen again.

Well, it was a purchase "outside" Trademe on Trademe, it gave the seller a chance to dodge without trace (as in the case up til now) and it's against TM rules anyway. If it's a proper purchase on TM, I'll chase it all the way. But this one is not, hence my "lesson learnt" comment.

Just saw this post thanks to Alex linking me to it.

3 people, orginal poster included have not received their item due to an embarrasing case with the company I work for.

The company has been put on stop credit with a courier firm for the past week or something... and according to the office lady... its "been paid".

I use this courier company to send many of my items out through the company I work for without any issues. Until late.

2 people haven't received their goods through dealings on trademe and then decided that they would "buy-now" on all other auctions and place bad feedback, hence the huge amount recently.

The office lady has re-inforced me that it was paid sometime ago... these 3 items aren't the only ones who haven't reached their destination - we have around 100 other orders, alot "urgent" that haven't been received either. My manager is losing his cool at this courier co...

I'm sure all the goods are being stored someone until someone gives it the OK... this however, I'm unsure when exactly it is....

To you directly Dean;

I have been e-mailing you, and like with everyone else, once payment is received the item is sent within a day or two from that point. Of which, you would of got an e-mail from me stating this. From that point in time, the item is basically out of my control since I do not wish to charge the customers extra for a tracking service that rarely needs to be used. Cheers for the post though... means I've had to give you a reason, of which is very embarrasing.

I'll happily give you your $30 back... until you receive your blank which you will.

Give me a call if you have any issues, you should of known by phone number well in advance to this post.

For general info;

I have 3 trademe accounts, bavarian-spares, bmspares & ___jp___

First 2 deal with BMW parts, second is my personal account. Not trying to hide or avade anyone by that.

Edited by JP

Pinched some of my TM parts pics for his listings too by the looks <_<

What images? I'll change them.

If I don't have a photo, or the item is very generic... I'll get the image off google.

Just saw this post thanks to Alex linking me to it.

3 people, orginal poster included have not received their item due to an embarrasing case with the company I work for.

The company has been put on stop credit with a courier firm for the past week or something... and according to the office lady... its "been paid".

I use this courier company to send many of my items out through the company I work for without any issues. Until late.

2 people haven't received their goods through dealings on trademe and then decided that they would "buy-now" on all other auctions and place bad feedback, hence the huge amount recently.

The office lady has re-inforced me that it was paid sometime ago... these 3 items aren't the only ones who haven't reached their destination - we have around 100 other orders, alot "urgent" that haven't been received either. My manager is losing his cool at this courier co...

I'm sure all the goods are being stored someone until someone gives it the OK... this however, I'm unsure when exactly it is....

To you directly Dean;

I have been e-mailing you, and like with everyone else, once payment is received the item is sent within a day or two from that point. Of which, you would of got an e-mail from me stating this. From that point in time, the item is basically out of my control since I do not wish to charge the customers extra for a tracking service that rarely needs to be used. Cheers for the post though... means I've had to give you a reason, of which is very embarrasing.

I'll happily give you your $30 back... until you receive your blank which you will.

Give me a call if you have any issues, you should of known by phone number well in advance to this post.

For general info;

I have 3 trademe accounts, bavarian-spares, bmspares & ___jp___

First 2 deal with BMW parts, second is my personal account. Not trying to hide or avade anyone by that.

Jared, i sympathise with your situation and if you had have kept me informed I would not have had to make this post. The fact is, last time I recieved an email from you was 3 weeks ago saying you were sending it the next day. Any emails I have sent since then have not been replied to. I simple explanation of the problem would have prevented this.

I would appreciate my money back and if I recieve the blank within one week i will happily put the money back into your account. If not I will find one else where.

Dean