Sign in to follow this  
drifty325i

Driftys V8 hits the track

Had an awesome day at Ruapuna today, was the Lancia/Fiat club day. Alot of other cars turned up though :) Few Ferrari's,Lambo,Porsches,350z,TVRs,V8 RX7,Walkinshaw comordore etc.

The e30 went very well I though, Had full interior and sounds subs,amps etc.Had some really good duels with the TVR and the Commy,Was slightly quicker than the v8 TVR though and the 380rwhp Track tired Walkinshaw, Good bit quicker than the Porsche 911 3.6 (He lost it while infront of me lol) , left pretty much all of the fiats/Lancias,Lambo behind, didnt get a chance to play with ferrari gutted :( or the Elise,The RX7 (Would of ate me) :( and 350z because he spun out trying to keep up with me lol. Was quicker around the track than the some of the smaller engined Lotus 7s (however they were well quicker around the corners and on the brakes), the v8 and cosworth ones were way to quick, dam they are quick! Also the fiat x1/9 racecar was very fast and beat everything

The Radiator needs upgrading,was struggling on the hot day while driving slow after i had been caning it.

Also was getting a little hot when really really pushing the car, this caused the link to cut the engine out a few times :( also when the gas was getting low it was starving for fuel on some corners.

The car handled very well,well balanced indeed, very predictable, brakes held up very well, they got a good working.Toyo T1R tires were good,bloody good road tires, decent grip, would of loved some proper track tires though. By the way traction was excellent! hardly chirped the tires comming out of the corners when i was progresive on the throttle. Did get a few drifts going just for fun :) No real close calls so that was good.

Here's a video on you tube :)

Wearing Franks, JJS John Jone's steel race suit and helmet, as you can see it was slightly to small lol and it was bloody hot wearing it!

post-204-1204952067_thumb.jpg

post-204-1204952142_thumb.jpg

post-204-1204952180_thumb.jpg

post-204-1204952191_thumb.jpg

post-204-1204952203_thumb.jpg

post-204-1204952214_thumb.jpg

post-204-1204952224_thumb.jpg

post-204-1204952241_thumb.jpg

post-204-1204952256_thumb.jpg

post-204-1204952435_thumb.jpg

post-204-1204952449_thumb.jpg

post-204-1204952466_thumb.jpg

post-204-1204952483_thumb.jpg

post-204-1204952503_thumb.jpg

post-204-1204952516_thumb.jpg

post-204-1204952537_thumb.jpg

Edited by Drifty 340i V8

Heapsa fun aye, looks good man.

A good turn-out of cars. Good to see Dale there in the Arbarth practicing for next weeks endurance race.

Man! cat that stole the cream good on you. All that hard work payed off for you here's to many more happy laps

Cheers Allan

A good turn-out of cars. Good to see Dale there in the Arbarth practicing for next weeks endurance race.

That was a rapid wee car, good around the corners and brakes

Sounds like a blast. Gotta get into one of those track days myself one day.

Go back next week-end and see the touring cars going for it! The BMW's do about 1 minute 33's versus the 1 minutes 40's the Arbarths can get around in.

They are heaps of fun though!

Edited by Cain

Go back next week-end and see the touring cars going for it! The BMW's do about 1 minute 33's versus the 1 minutes 40's the Arbarths can get around in.

They are heaps of fun though!

I could imagine, its not really that quick down the straight, just very quick in the tight stuff. The BMW's will be good to watch

Whats the highest you saw on the clock riley? Great pics btw.

nice effort riley, good to see u drivng it too its potential, hows ur cai workng out 4 ya, wat was ur lap time and main straight top speed

Whats the highest you saw on the clock riley? Great pics btw.

About 210-215kph, didnt really want to push it any higher than that, gets a little hairy on down shifts comming into the sweaper lol. Cheers

nice effort riley, good to see u drivng it too its potential, hows ur cai workng out 4 ya, wat was ur lap time and main straight top speed

Cheers Shane, shes still got more in her, not pushing her fully just yet. Working a treat mate, touched the intake pipe after a long hard run and it was cool to touch,engine was hot as, thats saying alot! No timed laps mate.

Glad you enjoyed the day out! Your car went well and attracted alot of interest. It seemed a bit twitchy in the rear under acceleration but i guess once you upgrade the suspension it should iron that out.

You have a great car there and i and a few others were impressed with the workmanship you have put into it.

We always have a big variety of cars although this event the numbers were a bit down on normal days but still plenty out there having a great time. There are alot of novice drivers including the Lambo owner you mentioned (i just spent 12 months rebuliding the V12 engine in that car and its alot of car to be throwing about the tight corners on the track as its really is a touring car and is 34 years old!)

We have these days to allow our club members and other enthusiasts to have a drive around on the track that they normally couldnt acheive on there own. (track hire for one day of the weekend is $3500!)

We have been running these events for at least 15 years that i have been involved without to many incidents and most leave with a smile on there face at the end of the day!

Thanks for your support and I hope to see you there next year!

Glad you enjoyed the day out! Your car went well and attracted alot of interest. It seemed a bit twitchy in the rear under acceleration but i guess once you upgrade the suspension it should iron that out.

You have a great car there and i and a few others were impressed with the workmanship you have put into it.

We always have a big variety of cars although this event the numbers were a bit down on normal days but still plenty out there having a great time. There are alot of novice drivers including the Lambo owner you mentioned (i just spent 12 months rebuliding the V12 engine in that car and its alot of car to be throwing about the tight corners on the track as its really is a touring car and is 34 years old!)

We have these days to allow our club members and other enthusiasts to have a drive around on the track that they normally couldnt acheive on there own. (track hire for one day of the weekend is $3500!)

We have been running these events for at least 15 years that i have been involved without to many incidents and most leave with a smile on there face at the end of the day!

Thanks for your support and I hope to see you there next year!

I must say thanks alot Mike, very well organised day and a great bunch of guys and some awesome cars.

Yes was a little twitchy in the rear lol, needs the new nothane sub-frame bushes fitted,my whiteline rear sway fitted and i think that will tidy things up a bit. The Lambo was awesome! and yes it was a very big and old car but still went really well, good to see him using it well though.

I be there next year! cant wait

Riley

Edited by Drifty 340i V8

Looks like a great day.

The guy in the the TVR looks like the Stig! lol

His car sounded sooo good. Nice guy to

Sounds like a mint day. Wish I had been there but now that Im a poor student, I can barely afford petrol for the week let alone a day at the track. Ill be there next year though!

Tell me about it, I used $85 bucks of 98 during the day lol ouch, dont worry im poor to