Sign in to follow this  
Guest Simon*

Green E34 "M5" $12,000

Guest Simon*

Good Car for your Mrs, Simon :D

:D Bugger that!

Already sorted in that department now thanks to Ray

To think I offered $15k plus last year and he wouldn't even return a call.

Guest Simon*

To think I offered $15k plus last year and he wouldn't even return a call.

Yes how times change - that does happen a lot unfortunately

Do you still want to buy it?

Not really, which means no I guess. I actually think it's a good buy and do want another car, but 3 Bimmers is probably too many, will stick with 2 and something else.

Guest Simon*

Not really, which means no I guess. I actually think it's a good buy and do want another car, but 3 Bimmers is probably too many, will stick with 2 and something else.

You can never have too many ;)

And it is an M car whichever way you look at it

Guest Simon*

so i guess that means strat1 won the auction but didnt follow through?

Has that look about it - hard to draw too many conclusions though

nothing beats a mint car vs a not so mint car.

If you have a goodun .. stick with what you know :)

Simon if you ever sell that 540, let me know as I would be keen as mustard! Not that you will

is it an M5 tho?.....even if it isnt its a lot of car for your money...S38 power...If i was in your shoes Simon i would stick with the V8...If i wanted a M5,I am sorry but it would have to be a proper one...

Guest Simon*

Simon if you ever sell that 540, let me know as I would be keen as mustard! Not that you will

No I don't think I will :) But cheers - and that makes you 4th on the list for my car now

You've gone over to the "dark side" anyway Mark (E39's) - what would make you want an old car like mine ;)

BTW you need to update your "ride" on your profile mate - you're misrepresentin'

Guest Simon*

is it an M5 tho?.....even if it isnt its a lot of car for your money...S38 power...If i was in your shoes Simon i would stick with the V8...If i wanted a M5,I am sorry but it would have to be a proper one...

I pretty much agree Paul. It would have to be a special car to winkle me out of the 540 - an E39 M5 perhaps ;)

And before you get excited Mark, an E39 M5 is perfectly acceptable if you can't own an E34! It's the only one to have

I'm not surprised to hear that! To me, the E39 M5 IS the ultimate in terms of a combination of power, looks and luxury.

I'm not surprised to hear that! To me, the E39 M5 IS the ultimate in terms of a combination of power, looks and luxury.

Agree with you Yuen apart from "LOOKS".

100% correct.It is not an M5, and never will be.

Even a real M5(3.6) is too slow in todays world, a 540is is a better bet for all round performance.

3.8ltr is getting there.

Agreed the E39 M5 is a super car (not a supercar). Looks, well probably too understated to be really cool.

That is a good value car for $12k, but it's not an M5 and never will be. Do the comparison between that and the 209kW E36 318iS though.

Brent, buy it and turn it into an open class race car. It be good for that!

Agreed the E39 M5 is a super car (not a supercar). Looks, well probably too understated to be really cool.

That is a good value car for $12k, but it's not an M5 and never will be. Do the comparison between that and the 209kW E36 318iS though.

Brent, buy it and turn it into an open class race car. It be good for that!

my mouse is hovering over the buy now option .

but i will have to give it to suzanne to drive and sell the touring :banghead:

No I don't think I will :) But cheers - and that makes you 4th on the list for my car now

You've gone over to the "dark side" anyway Mark (E39's) - what would make you want an old car like mine ;)

BTW you need to update your "ride" on your profile mate - you're misrepresentin'

I know I need to update, but I'm hanging on by a thread buddy!!

I wanna 2nd car, yours is fine.

I pretty much agree Paul. It would have to be a special car to winkle me out of the 540 - an E39 M5 perhaps ;)

And before you get excited Mark, an E39 M5 is perfectly acceptable if you can't own an E34! It's the only one to have

E39 M5 or E34 M5? definately E39

M540i '93-'95 M60 32v V8 - 3982cc 250+ km/h 6.2 sec 282hp / 286bhp 295ft.lbs@4500 Rpm 10.0:1

M5 3.6 '89-'91 S38 24v 6 - 3535cc 250+ km/h 6.3 sec 311hp / 315bhp 265.5ft.lbs@4750 Rpm 10.0:1

M5 3.8 '92-95 S38 24v 6 - 3795cc 250+ km/h 5.9 sec 335hp / 340bhp 295ft.lbs@4750 Rpm 10.5:1

nothing wrong with the output of even a 3.6 M5...note that the 535 although producing 225 ft .lbs of torque develops it at 4000 rpm.Apparently a well tuned 3.8 is very flexible.335bhp is 250kw!

E39 M5 still quite dear...more complex than the e34 too.