Sign in to follow this  
mrad01

My e92 335i Motorsport

Hi,

I've been reading a heap on here to get my e30 318i up and running - thanks for all the info. I also have a 335i which I posted up in the Gallery - but for those who login as guest - here are my pics on my car.

Spent a bit of cash on it - blacked it out, quad exhaust, TurboTuner (shiiite its fast stock, now its faster!!)

Figure its about 4.8 sec to 100k and should cover a 1/4 in about 12.8... (people with similar setups in the US get times like this)

Anyway, check it out!

Marcus

post-2746-1206435402_thumb.jpg

post-2746-1206435417_thumb.jpg

post-2746-1206435433_thumb.jpg

Dear god that's a good looking car! welcome aboard mate

Riley

That looks excellent, absolute stealth fighter.

mean! but 12.8 sounds a bit on the quick side

Edited by Pboy

mean! but 12.8 sounds a bit on the quick side

Maybe, but the SSTT gives it 40 more rwhp and 50 ft/ibs torque...the butt dyno (and the poor traction control) REALLY notice it. It absolutely slams you back in the seat and holds you there until you let the gas off. Fun!

I really need to run it to see for sure I guess!!

Here is a slip from a dude in the US with exactly the same setup as me... (Left side)

post-2746-1206440643_thumb.jpg

Edited by mrad01

f**king. Pimp.

What does it sound like?

Looks amazing man, and fark that's quick!

I recorded this for the Remus guys in the US...

Plug in some headphones (or good speakers) and you'll hear the turbos....

http://www.grepsoft.net/RemusQuad335i.mp3

Awesome vehicle my friend ... very tastefully done :)

I see HPF are developing a 'stage 3' kit for the 335i replacement turbo(s) / intercooler and full remap / injectors etc etc .. should be a nice upgrade.

It doesnt actually sound to much different to a worked up m30 imo, sounds mean!

Sounds damn good and looks even better.

Very well done.

Whats SSTT ?

12's is a very quick car.

Though note that any NZ strips are way slower than USA.

It's kind of weird that the 335i could have far more tuning potential than the m3, due to the fact its turbo.

Nice car mate, and good to see you have modified it a bit and are enjoying it. I dream of owning the Sedan or Touring version.

A Manuel version with the optional LSD and a good driver should tip into the twelve’s..

Take it down the Quarter and find out for yourself. .

i believe BMW is looking at introducing it as an option

else you can get a quaife from Birds here in the UK

the BMW performance catalog will be bringing it in as gus said very soon ... not cheap at all though. The BMW performce catalog cracks me up .. while all the stuff is of top qaulity .. they have taken alot of the design ideas from the aftermarket BMW tuners.

Whats SSTT ?

12's is a very quick car.

Though note that any NZ strips are way slower than USA.

It's kind of weird that the 335i could have far more tuning potential than the m3, due to the fact its turbo.

SSTT is the Split Second Turbo Tuner...really simple attachment which tricks the ECU into thinking it is at high altitude - so it ups the boost to 11psi from the standard 8.

Check it out...

http://www.splitsec.com/

Very nice car mate, impressive sound too, look forward to seeing more progress later on !

The car looks great, I like the wheels, what are they? (Model, size). Exhaust sounds good and I like the quad tips, though I think a more aggressive diffuser is now needed to complement them.

You're brave to be modding a car that I assume is still under warranty this heavily! I'm guessing the TurboTuner can be removed easily but the exhaust not so much?

The car looks great, I like the wheels, what are they? (Model, size). Exhaust sounds good and I like the quad tips, though I think a more aggressive diffuser is now needed to complement them.

You're brave to be modding a car that I assume is still under warranty this heavily! I'm guessing the TurboTuner can be removed easily but the exhaust not so much?

Thanks for that!

The wheels are 19" BMW Motorsport OEM 225 style - painted by Bays Car Painters - they paint lots of BMW wheels...

Yeah, I'll check out what diffusers come on the market.

BMW don't really care about the mods, I checked - it's my car, there is no lease or anything on it. The warranty covers the BMW workmanship and materials etc - the exhaust itself isn't covered - but the engine still is. The exhaust is a cat-back style, they would care if I removed the cats and put in hi-flow headers I'm sure.

As for the SSTT - it takes less than 2 minutes to remove with absolutely no trace in the computer.

Love it, sounds great. I can hear your beltronics radar start up :P

Thanks - yeah, I have the Beltronics STi-R - which is built into the car and completely invisible. One quick touch of a concealed switch shuts off the Radar and the laser blockers too...

Awesome detector!!