Sign in to follow this  
elmarco

Gidday

Hey fellas, elmarco here.

I've just taken the big step of ditching my mighty VR6 Golf for the oh-so-much mightier E46 330ci. Always loved the E36 + E46 shapes and finally scraped enough cash together for my 1st beamer. Ze Germans really know how to design ze cars, ja!

Now I'm looking for a towbar - anyone suggest where I can find one (apart from the obvious dealers and Best Bars)? Cash is a bit tight, and $1500 is tough to swallow for the factory one! :o

Cheers,

elmarco

Welcome to the forum, i did the same thing (traded the VR6 against a 328) and never regretted coming over to the dark side. good luck with the tow bar and again welcome

Welcome! The 330's are real machines.

As we say to all new people, We Must Have Pictures! B)

Try this...

It isn't anything special, but gets me around. Looks like some muppet before me has done a good number on all 4 wheels - so I need to look into rectifying that situation too. A man just can't leave his machinery looking like that!

post-2935-1207291157_thumb.jpg

Welcome, looks the business in silver

Love the 330ci's Thats my next step :)

I oh so nearly bought one of these before my car now, they just look awsome,

very nice man, congrats.

Welcome elmarco, the car looks great, which shade of silver is it?

About the tow bar, I am sure somewhere out there there is someone with a tow bar on his car that he would love to get rid of and get a normal diffuser put on, so you might want to try looking for someone to swap with.

Welcome elmarco,

Great looking car, always loved the e46, I bet the M54 goes real well!

Hi bud, nice car love the e46 coupes! soooo smoooth.

about the tow bar try these guys

Henderson Tow Bars

14 Te Pai Place, Lincoln, Waitakere City (09) 8385592

they do a good job and only takes them a couple of hours if they have a kit to suit, give him a ring ask for john.

Hi bud, nice car love the e46 coupes! soooo smoooth.

about the tow bar try these guys

Henderson Tow Bars

14 Te Pai Place, Lincoln, Waitakere City (09) 8385592

they do a good job and only takes them a couple of hours if they have a kit to suit, give him a ring ask for john.

Thanks Moktar - I'll give them a call on Monday.

Welcome elmarco,

Great looking car, always loved the e46, I bet the M54 goes real well!

Yeah - Sandstone Rd disappears real fast when you open it up!

hey dude ...

nice coupe :) ..

when (not if) you decide to do wheels on these give me a yell and ill help you out with the right offsets / sizes and the proper way to lower them. So many get it wrong.

Also any other mods body / electrical or other wise .. give me a yell can help ya out. The e46 is great car but very technology loaded .. lots of stuff in the background that makes things happen. And what on a everyday car is easy to fix with a trip to repco .. isnt so on these vehicles. There is a way to do most things on these :)

Welcome.

Yeah - Sandstone Rd disappears real fast when you open it up!

Haha, yeah I bet. FUN!!!

Welcome elmarco, the car looks great, which shade of silver is it?

About the tow bar, I am sure somewhere out there there is someone with a tow bar on his car that he would love to get rid of and get a normal diffuser put on, so you might want to try looking for someone to swap with.

Titanium silver - it's a great colour to keep clean!

Thanks for your suggestion - might give it a try.

hey dude ...

nice coupe :) ..

when (not if) you decide to do wheels on these give me a yell and ill help you out with the right offsets / sizes and the proper way to lower them. So many get it wrong.

Also any other mods body / electrical or other wise .. give me a yell can help ya out. The e46 is great car but very technology loaded .. lots of stuff in the background that makes things happen. And what on a everyday car is easy to fix with a trip to repco .. isnt so on these vehicles. There is a way to do most things on these :)

Welcome.

Thanks for the offer Hybrid - I'll let you know.

I really do like the factory Motorsport wheels, so was keeping my eyes peeled for some second hand (I did see some a while back on trademe for $1000, but foolishly didn't get my A into G fast enough). The cheap option is to get mine repaired by someone like wheelfixit - but I don't know how reliable the repairs are long term. The kerbing is bad (as in, lots of it) but the wheels are not damaged otherwise.

I know there is a hell of a lot going on in the background with these things - the old VR6 was bad, but the E46 is on a whole other level. Given, it isn't quite up there with a Maybach, but everything you touch in these is talking to the cpu at some stage. Still, thats one of the reasons I bought it - those extra features are what makes it a gucci ride!

Given, it isn't quite up there with a Maybach, but everything you touch in these is talking to the cpu at some stage. Still, thats one of the reasons I bought it - those extra features are what makes it a gucci ride!

:) my startup sequence logged last week.

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=15380