Sign in to follow this  
Young Thrash Driver

Will this kill my gearbox?

To make the car sound manual, I've taken to shifting her down a gear, waiting about 1sec, and tapping the gas. This revs her as she drops the gear, sounds kinda neat. Also, doing it gently on slippery surfaces prevents compression lock. I'm wondering... is this a sin? Will this result in me having a munted gearbox? :huh:

Yes you will "munt" something. An automatic car is just that: Automatic. Just leave it in drive. The gear selector is there only for when you need to hold it in a certain gear (driving up and down hills etc)

If you want your car to sound like a manual, buy a manual one! ;)

ha ha, and I thought id heard everything :lol:

mate, save your pennies and by a manual.

If you keep doing this you can just break this one and replace it with a manual so it'll sound like you've had a manual all along.

Edited by jeddy

Are you really sure you want to ask a question about something that might munt your car, which trying to sell it?

Are you really sure you want to ask a question about something that might munt your car, which trying to sell it?

Well sure. Better to know if somethings wrong than trying to keep quiet about it I reckon.

OK, thanks guys. No more manual sounding auto then lol :D

And I was looking for a manual, but ended up with the auto coz manual 328s or 325s were just too damn expansive for me at the time

Haha got a manual now tho, hense the 325 being for sale.

This may be blasphemy, but I went and got a '96 Mitsi Lancer GSR. About as quick as a 328is, handles better, blah blah... just doent have the penis value of of owning a BMW or the fecking crazy brakes

sweet