Sign in to follow this  
Boost Junky

Boost Junky: 2nd Saga - M50-T Project

mops has one - ask him. He rebuilt it before use as they have a reputation.

These are brand new units though Cam..

Yeah, they still have a reputation. They use sh*t bolts and poorly assembled.

If you replace the bolts with decent ones, and theres a few other things your change around, they arent bad.

Yep, and clean them out to get rid of swarf, from memory. Haven't done it myself, just read what mops did (and links to why). Its somewhere in his giant thread on e30tech (link in his sig).

noooooise. Very nice. Big achievement to have a boosted 24v e30 running that you built yourself! Grats :)

What is your boost threshold? Are you logging exhaust back pressure?

Edited by RyanG

What is your boost threshold? Are you logging exhaust back pressure?

Apparantly guys in the states run 25psi down the strip on my setup, however im not keen to go any higher than the 17psi its at right now. Nah the Link G3 doesnt support back logging bro if thats what your refering too?

wow what a massive tread to read , AWSOME , hows this going anyway , still mad?

Last I talked to him, he was getting sick of the stiff bouncy ride and having a lock diff in there tryna Daily it lol.

He's to cool for BS these days :lol:

Its still kicking around NP don't worry, went for a lil drive with Luke yesterday. He also took BFH and Matty104 for a boost.

Yeow still goes hard! Haha it just sits in the shed tho and drives me to work daily lol. Yea that other one is Travis's it has an SR20DET in it. So yea anyone who wants to buy my car let me know haha $10,000 as is.

Shot B)

Guest Simon*

I think it has now sold Chris. That's what I gather from round the forum anyway - there's been nothing really posted specifically from what I can tell

Just got a demo of this thing the other night... holy crap you have done well! It CERTAINLY lives up to it's plate. It's ruthless.

It's crazy eh Atta?!

It's ridiculous.. how it squeezes that much power out of the engine and still stays in one piece is beyond me ay! Can it safely maintain 17 pounds?

IIRC the fuel system had reached it's peaked (maybe just the injectors?) .. So it was actually potentially capable of more power if it had higher flowing injectors and fuel pump.. but then again it is a stock internals m50!

It's ridiculous.. how it squeezes that much power out of the engine and still stays in one piece is beyond me ay! Can it safely maintain 17 pounds?

Man old thread but anyway.. Combination of the 3.4mm mls headgasket, ARP Studs keep it strong and with a descent tune & ECU she loves 17psi and still does to this day as I have seen with Linden and his driving =) Just the rest of the driveline that cant handle it, Only the motor, gearbox and driveshaft have survived. Hes smashed 6 half shafts, 3 diffs, 2 clutches, 1 flywheel and tore the sub frame in 2 places!

IIRC the fuel system had reached it's peaked (maybe just the injectors?) .. So it was actually potentially capable of more power if it had higher flowing injectors and fuel pump.. but then again it is a stock internals m50!

Yea I think the design of the home made turbo manifold prob wont help with spool and the injectors still had a bit left in them but not sure how much more, fuel pump is walbro 550 which is plenty. I know of many a RB making this kind of power on 13psi easy so not as much of an achievement as I had initially thought.. still goes nuts tho hah!

Peace