Sign in to follow this  
BM WORLD

half a million K's club

Posted Image

Posted Image

its a genuine NZ new 1986 e28 M535i (with M5 engine now,birthday present), speedo has not been wound back at all.

still gets around 10.5l per 100km does 0-100km/h in about 6secs tops out at about 250km/h

and has travel the equivilant of about 12.5 times around the world .

still starts first time in the morning , uses no oil or water , every electrical thing still works ,

doesn't shake ,rattle(much) and still drives straight at 100+ km/h (better than the driver)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Your ABS light is on! ;)

Well done... that's a long way!

Your ABS light is on! ;)

Well done... that's a long way!

thats just a ABS sticker to advertise the fact it has abs .remember it was 1986

interesting did a carfax search on my e28 .and it used to have a number a few years ago BABMW .

which is my intials Brent Aitkenhead .

which sort of funny , because my dad brought one of these cars in 1986 .

and brought the number plate NA535 which was Neil Aitkenhead when it was pretty much new and there wern't personalise plates back then .

and our cars are only 5 vin numbers apart .

one of the guys in the bmw car club (freind of mine ) owns the car now.

car fax

^^Woah, thats pretty freaky! Coincidence, or something else?

Really nice car BTW, that M5 motor must have lots of pull.

WOW!!!

Thats amazing, has the car had any major work done at all?

Very impressive!

Very nice man, wish i had one

^^Woah, thats pretty freaky! Coincidence, or something else?

yea i thought so.

Really nice car BTW, that M5 motor must have lots of pull.

yes plenty of pull a v8 comme 5.7L 6spd could get pass me on the back straight at puke last friday .

he thought i just whip by this old wreck ,but he just stayed back there the whole way .

WOW!!!

Thats amazing, has the car had any major work done at all?

Very impressive!

yes , fitted the m5 engine 10,000km ago . with new M5 radiator, and up rated carbon/kevlar clutch with 2200lbs clap pressure.

but i did replaced the std engine when i got it 4 years ago with another std engine at about 462,000km and repaired the ecu (been cooked with 24volts)

car was a barn find.

original gearbox . diff was swapped out as well when engine M5 engine was fitted just to match the engine's revs etc .

but the old diff was still fine (no noises etc) .

the brake pads discs have all been done and have up rated the fronts to 750i type.

i fitted a new screen ,dash and swapped out the ungly blue interior for the black/grey interior wheni got it . all original panels ,bumpers ,

i have a new sunroof panel , left front guard and looking for a good bonnet to replace the sleightly rusty/dented panels .

will get the whole car repainted etc soon.

other the year i have owned it , my wife used as a daily runner for about a year , i have used it as a daily runner for about a year and teh rest of the time its just been parked up or used in teh weekends etc .

now i find i use it more often , so much fun to drive and whats a few more k's on the clock .

some pics from when i first got it .

Posted Image

Posted Image

a freind of mine helped me pick it up from north of welsford .

took the ecu from my wifes 535i to get this one started , then drove it home with square tyre .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

previous owner had fitted a new updated circuit board to the cluster in 1999.

A/C still blows cold , heater works perfectly , new heater tap i think .

16" bbs wheels replaced the old metrics etc .

Edited by Brent HARTGE535i

Posted Image

origianal engine has a worn out cam (very knocky)

cooked ecu , but still pulled well and avg 9L per 100km on the trip home.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

the squre tyre we had to change at wharkworth .

Posted Image

the boot after awater blast , have since had all the rust cut out in the wheel well, sand blasted and painted etc

Posted Image

i just bogged the door up , have another to put on when i get around to painting the car .

Posted Image

had to replace the battery box floor panel in teh front of the car .

Posted Image

Posted Image

16" by 8" wheels i picked up from drury tyres , old trade in stock , $200 the set (near new cond)

Posted Image

the original blue leather recaro seats , i just dyed them with can stuff , have since swapped them out from a 1990 e30 325i that i had , had to swap the rails over . but they are a little shorter in the leg than the e28 ones .

second hand dash from the local wrecker , hard to find one without cracks.

Posted Image

did the dash when i had the screen out for replacement and rust repairs at the bottom of the pillars.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

lots of the parts that have gone into this car , have just come from my stock of e28 , e34 e32, e30 parts and wrecked cars i have done .

has got new bilsteins all around , new H&R springs , most bushes have been replaced , some new arms etc , gearbox seals etc .one front abs sensor and hub/bearing was needed when i first got it .

second hand stainless steel exhaust system from a e28 528i parts car i got .

drives very straight , infact it has the least amount of wobbles ,shakes out of all of the cars i have owned .

i did swap out the steering box beacuse of a bit of play in the straight ahead position , made no diffence with a low millage second hand one i fitted , turned out to be just the steering universal joint just above the steering box .

found that out when i dropped the front sub frame down when fitting the M5 engine with the headers still attached .

fitted a e34 one now its nice and tight .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

old engine i fitted 30,000km ago , still runs good , sitting in my shed now , just keeping it as a spare.

Posted Image