Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Stop wasting Fuel and Money

I'm so doing this to my e30 this weekend.

Maybe if I make a few modifications I can get it to run on air!

Link

I love how quality this product is. Bungy cords and old preserves jars FTMFW!

lol ...

in all seriousness .. start mass producing hydrogen powered cars already. Toyota, Honda, BMW and Mazda have all developed / tested it successfully in their current ranges.. imagine what would happen if the government announced it was going to start building h20 electrolysis refining plants hydrogen filling service stations :)

good bye mineral oil reliance.

the hydro lakes will be emptied before the winter ends....its the only sustainable way to do it,we cant burn oil to make elecricity to make hydrogen....currently most hydrogen is a byproduct of the petro chemical industry

Edited by kiwi535

Bloody hell, that's one long page. Did you read it all Graeme?

Oh well, guess that's my weekend taken up, will it make my race car go faster, or just save me gas?

the hydro lakes will be emptied before the winter ends....its the only sustainable way to do it,we cant burn oil to make elecricity to make hydrogen....currently most hydrogen is a byproduct of the petro chemical industry

And this is why this country needs to pull its head out of its ass and use french nuclear power / reactors. Its the only way forward unless someone cracks cold fusion reactors ...

And this is why this country needs to pull its head out of its ass and use french nuclear power / reactors. Its the only way forward unless someone cracks cold fusion reactors ...

exactly.

so whats to stop us putting a low pressure pump onto our car battery breather, Then a tube from the battery to the intake? normal car batterys create hydrogen gas aswel ...

Also do they supply some kind of a flash back valve? imagine the bang if it went off.

I still rekn the new diesel running European cars are the way to go at this stage.

To store it would take more than a tube. A hydrogen fuel cell is a bit more robust / technical than the common gas tank.

The problem with hydrogen is at normal baramatric pressure its a gas and not liquid. The cell needs to store it as a liquid thus needing to be compressed quite a bit to store enough of it in liquid form.

This is all doable .. and beats the pants of electric cars ... that and we can have low liter engines with same horse power .. or same HP with more power .. The other thing electrolysis creates isssssssssssssssss Ozone ;)

shiiiiit killing a few birds with one stone on that one aren't we :)

Also do they supply some kind of a flash back valve? imagine the bang if it went off.

Yes, it does go off with a bang! Did exactly this in 6th form chemistry (many years back...) with the tube into dishwashing liquid. We were lighting the bubbles for some fun, until we forgot to remove the tube. The bang was heard all over the school and glass from the flask was embedded in the walls....

Isn't ozone carcinogenic??

Yeah I agree Hybrid - nuclear needs to be considered at the very least. We are really lucky to have so much hydro, but the guts is that it isn't 100% reliable (as we are finding out now). Kind of difficult to build a new one when you need it too ^_^

I think somebody should try this anyway, maybe on a munted old corolla or something haha

I think somebody should try this anyway, maybe on a munted old corolla or something haha

Be really funny to see it go pop! Course if you believe the website, it would run like a dream. Might even add value to the corolla!! haha

haha, if I believed the website id probably have magnets stuck to my fuel tank, magnets stuck around my fuel lines, non powered fans stuck on my intake, and all sorts of other crap lol

With all the fuel saving deviced combined, Id surely get about 100km per litre!

Edited by Ven

Looks like scrutineering needs to cast close eyes over a certain "car 39" at the next outing for illicit devices - might be faster for more than one reason <_<

Bloody hell, that's one long page. Did you read it all Graeme?

No, just about 5mins worth till I got bored of laughing my arse off.