Sign in to follow this  
jjs

Motorway Patrol

On Motorway Patrol tonight, the programme opened with a muppet in his black E46 getting clocked at 178km/h. Didn't have a model designation badge, but had big deep dish spokey wheels (bling bling).

The retard was a disqualified driver too - bye bye licence, bye bye E46.

Anyone know this cat?

Guest Simon*

On Motorway Patrol tonight, the programme opened with a muppet in his black E46 getting clocked at 178km/h. Didn't have a model designation badge, but had big deep dish spokey wheels (bling bling).

The retard was a disqualified driver too - bye bye licence, bye bye E46.

Anyone know this cat?

Jeremy you sad f**ker! How quick did you get that up here? :)

Show hadn't even finished!

Get a girlfriend mate! You can have one of mine

Seriously man dont touch them theres a reason why he's trying to give them away

Jeremy you sad f**ker! How quick did you get that up here? :)

Show hadn't even finished!

Get a girlfriend mate! You can have one of mine

Its called multi-tasking... Supposedly studying on the computer, with a Bimmersport screen minimized and the TV on in the background. My study efficiency seems to have fallen by the way side a bit though :unsure:

Thanks for the offer Simon, but I have a fantastic girlfriend

Guest Simon*

Seriously man dont touch them theres a reason why he's trying to give them away

Oi! You shut up Doug :) There's only one dodgy one!

Guest Simon*

Thanks for the offer Simon, but I have a fantastic girlfriend

Just the one? That doesn't sound like multitasking to me ;)

Bring along a selection on Wednesday night and I'll make a decision.

178, must have just changed into 4th gear.

Damn, i remember seeing it and thinking, "I must post this" but then forgot pretty much straight away haha

I'm pretty sure it was an e36, and one thing that pissed me off was the narrator's comments, he said "A speeding car is clocked on the motor way doing 178kph, and suprise suprise its a BMW" WTF is that supposed to mean?

Guest Simon*

I'm pretty sure it was an e36, and one thing that pissed me off was the narrator's comments, he said "A speeding car is clocked on the motor way doing 178kph, and suprise suprise its a BMW" WTF is that supposed to mean?

Nah it was an E46

The voiceover guy on that show is a freakin' moron. He basically said that the other guy would have no fun at the concert without drugs - what a thing to say!!! :wacko:

Whoever writes his stuff needs a hydrochloric enema

Edited by Simon*

I didnt watch the show but that is just pure ignorance. I always thought and still do that BMW's are great luxury cars that have the engineering quality to be turned in to great race cars. They are after all just family saloons not sports cars.

Did anybody see that cop who looked like he was 15?? Hahaha. Thats awesome, imagine getting a ticket from him.

Haha omg my brother and i were talking about that, id straight up ask for his cop id. And he was married too

Just write a letter to broadcasting standards authrity about deformation of character... It will atleast bring it to there attention to get investigated.

These programs aren't allowed to do that weather to person was breaking the law or not.

You should see how bad things got for a website I do work for from time to time when someone on a forum said something un true about someone and we didnt remove the post on request. Lawyers got involved on deformation of character etc etc.. its pretty serious stuff if people want to take it that far.

Bloody hell you gets are all rather concerned about the comment. I just laughed when I watched it, mainly because it has a degree of truth to it. There are a fair number of BMW drivers that give the rest of us a bad name.

Two examples in the past couple of weeks, both SHI between Auckland and Hamilton. Silver E36 318 (with Motorsport decals all over it) number plate CAVLRY (or the like), decided to overtake me at the end of a passing lane - would have been at least 150 while going past me. Cop comes around corner, and whammo ticket time for mr e46.

Last week, Blue E36 318 (although had full M3 badging...pity his single pee shooter exhaust gave him away), plate DIKT8R, I was running late so was exceeding the speed limit (but not by a heck of a lot), looked in my rear view mirror, no car, look again 20 seconds later got this idiot right up behind me. Again he must have been at least 50km/h over the limit.

So - guess the motorway patrol are not surprised, and the comment by the narrator is somewhat fair.

Cheers

Grant

Come on Grant 318s' can't do 150!

Ps. Stay away from Simons girlfriends if you're allergic to shampoo.

E: spelling pft

Edited by westy

Come one Grant 318s' can't do 150!

I guess it was on a downhill stretch of the road

Haha, theres been a few cops on the show the last couple weeks that dont look old enough to be driving, let alone ticketing people

Haha, theres been a few cops on the show the last couple weeks that dont look old enough to be driving, let alone ticketing people

Mmm have a mate that was into the force straight after high school. But at the end of they day, it doesnt matter what he looks like.. If he dont like you, youre screwed :(

Yeh there are some drivers that ruin it all for bmw, my mate was on the bus to uni and saw an e92 M3 scream past him with 2 cops chasing..

I have just been through a 10month legal battle with the Police over an incident along the motorway where I was exceeding the speed limit, but exceeding it by 47km/h I think not. There was a major discrepancy along the lines somewhere, either my speedo was out by over 30km/h or the officer had a jerky arm or the locked on speed wasn't true. He refused to show me the locked on speed (and had every right to do so apparently, but it is recommended they do show if requested), Instant suspension of my license for 28 days. Asked for assistance off the motorway as I had no means to contact any help, "No f***** way mate" was his reply, jumped in his car and drove away leaving me on the side of the motorway at 2:30am in Papatoetoe/Otara. after sitting for 20mins I had no option, because of a medical condition and god damn it was OTARA and youre not allowed to walk down the motorway theres another ticket waiting, So I had to drive to the immediate next offramp to a service station. But the Officer was sitting at the offramp waiting for me. Pulled me over on the offramp and Impounded my car and charged me for driving whilst suspended. Then said I suppose you want a ride home now, "Yes I had asked for a ride off the motorway when you first pulled me over". Then threw me in the back of the police car and drove me all the way home.

Laid a complaint against him for Leaving me stranded on the side of the motorway, calling me a f***** s***head and continuing to swear at me after I asked him to deal with the matter in a professional manner, and the way he dealt with the situation as a whole. My complaint has been upheld, after speaking with the Senior Sergeants conducting the investigation it sounds extremely likely that he has lost his job.

Anyhow back on topic went through a 10 month legal battle through the courts over it, the Prosecutor would not withdraw the charges and tried to make it clear to the Judge that I was a young Male 24yrs of age driving a Black High Powered "B(dramatic pause) M(dramatic pause) W" travelling at 157km/h on that particular night. We will be proceeding with prosecution.

I had to hold the laughter inside, the way she emphasized Bmw was hilarious and what makes it better, I was in one of my 2.5l M20 e34's, HIGH POWERED MUAHAHHAHAHHA. And she got the speed wrong it was alleged 147km/h on the notice.

Anyhow dragged it out to a Defended hearing, my case was called I stood in the dock, gave my not guilty plea and then the Prosecutor handed my barrister a note and withdrew the charges as their Police witness was no longer available.

So yes if you are under lets say.. 35 driving a Bmw, weither it be an old e30 - e34 - e36 with the smallest engine in the range you are still driving a "High Powered" Bmw and you should be punished to the full extent of the law.

(btw I have never had a speeding ticket/ speed camera fine in my life and still to this day dont, and I am still constantly being harassed by the Police everytime I drive a vehicle which is registered to me (17 times in 2 month), my vehicles are still tarnished with an outstanding court issue, but not when I drive mums or my brothers Bmw's.)

Hrmmmm Punitive damages and compensation is my next battle no doubt it will drag on for a while.

And before I get scolded I admit I was breaking the law that night, I glanced at my speedo as I rounded the bend which my speed was recorded on, and I was a tad over 110, by a tad I mean closer to the 110 mark than the 120 mark, BEFORE I stood on the brake not after. But how he got 147km/h astounds me, the fact that the notices say I was in 4 different locations and my name was spelt incorrectly and he refused to correct them after I told him they were incorrect, it seems he's not one to follow correct procedure, it kind of puts his credibility in doubt.

Oh dear I should write books.

Good on ya

You get the good cops, and then you get the cops that will give you a ticket for every possible thing

Yes exactly, My opinion of the police after that encounter, was that they are all a pack of A holes, But I soon found out there are some very good cops aswell. I still have high praise and respect for the Police.