Sign in to follow this  
Apex

05 E60 BMW 545i Motorsport

My new ride. Im in love :wub:

NZ New 05 E60 BMW 545i Motorsport (SILBERGRAU METALLIC) (A08)

4.4Ltr V8, 6-Speed Automatic with +/- sport shift (God help me), Electronic Stability and traction control.

All the M-Tec goodies comprising of Sports tuned suspension and steering, Bumpers and skirts, wheels, seats, sill plates and steering wheel.

Options: TV, DVD, NAV, 10stack, Hi-Fi loud speaker system, Bluetooth, BMW professional Phone (in centre console), voice input system (you can tell it what to do and sometimes the lovely Scottish women gets in wrong), Glass roof, 14 way comfort sports seats with active bolsters, comfort access (seats and steering wheel adjust to aid in and out access), rear blind (?), model designation deletion (yes that’s actually an option ) Active Steering Turns half turn lock to lock when parking and gradually adjusts lock and stiffness according to speed), Emergency wheel (Run flat deletion), Alarm system, Anti Dazzle interior and exterior mirrors (they dim automatically in a millisecond), smokers package (ashtray and cigarette lighters), through load system (back seats fold completely flat), towing package with self levelling (retractable tow bar with auto levelling suspension), park distance control (didn’t stop the last owner smashing into things and has cost me a couple of thousand in painting and bumper realignment), adaptive Xenon headlights with washing mechanism, individual high gloss Saturn Chrome trim (no chrome), Individual roof lining in Anthracite (Black headlining), 545i SP P plate.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Apex

Beautiful, just beautiful.

I bet it goes like a cut cat.

Very nice

Dam thats a nice looking 5er

Nice choice, the black wood really makes a difference in the interior. Looks kiwi-new too.

Thanks guys.

I haven’t found its limits yet and am still getting used to the up down select on its slush box.

Seems to be quite quick though, the engine is very flexible and has multiple personality without being harsh and loud.

I would love to stick a big bore on it!

(Misspelt Loud again)

Edited by Apex

What’s wrong with that? Maybe you have a different conception as to what a big bore is.

Im meaning a free flow big bore rear muffler with the factory tips re welded. I will look the same but sound like a V8 should.

What’s wrong with that? Maybe you have a different conception as to what a big bore is.

Im meaning a free flow big bore rear muffler with the factory tips re welded. I will look the same but sound like a V8 should.

Just get a free flow, and replace the airfilter with a pantyhose auuuu!

Cheeky buggers :P

I will have to search out what the best way to get some noise is. In terms of intake there are a few options available in the states, im really just after a bit more noise as its stupadley quite as is.

I guess for me, 'big bore' conjures up images of the big fart cans boy racers have.

Cheeky buggers :P

I will have to search out what the best way to get some noise is. In terms of intake there are a few options available in the states, im really just after a bit more noise as its stupadley quite as is.

I just chopped the 2 rear mufflers out of the 7 series, and replaced them with straight pipes. Surprisingly it gave a nice V8 burble without being too loud. You may have heard it on the Anzaz Day cruise. I know of a few other guys who have gone down the same route in E39's and have had similar results!

I just chopped the 2 rear mufflers out of the 7 series, and replaced them with straight pipes. Surprisingly it gave a nice V8 burble without being too loud. You may have heard it on the Anzaz Day cruise. I know of a few other guys who have gone down the same route in E39's and have had similar results!

That’s not a bad idea, I will get my muffler guy “Pete†to have a look at it, even if we disconnect the rear box to get an idea of the sound. Im not about to pay 1500-2000 for a fancy stainless one from overseas as you can’t see it and it would most likely give me no more power anyway!

Clay bar is your friend, we must clay before we polish and we must polish before we wax! I could make any piece of mutton look like lamb given a few hours.

I should set up a Meguiars group buy as I get it at an amazing discount, I could even give some tips.