Sign in to follow this  
Yuen

2002 E46 M3

Ex-Singapore, highish kms and SMG. I would tread very carefully...

Sure it's ex-Singapore and highish KMs, but at that price it's still a good deal assuming no major problems/history.

The E46 M3's SMG seems to be pretty good from what I've read, seems they've made good progress from the E36 M3.

I often see that colour and wonder ...... why???????????????

You would need to be an "aggressive and dynamic up and coming young professional who will suceed at all costs" to appreciate it...

That’s a real bargain. I think they may have mispriced it.

The one I looked a a couple of weeks ago was the same year and colour. $65,000!

I often see that colour and wonder ...... why???????????????

You would need to be an "aggressive and dynamic up and coming young professional who will suceed at all costs" to appreciate it...

Hahaha... yeah :D I used to think it was an ugly colour but it's grown on me. The E46 M3 seems to pull it off but put that colour on other cars (saw an E92 M3 with that) and it looks pretty bad.

Good point though, perhaps the colour plays a part in the low price.

Guest Simon*

So in other words a wanker who doesn't give a f**k?

So in other words a wanker who doesn't give a f**k?

Yuppie / noter was what I was trying to get at

Guest Simon*

Yuppie / noter was what I was trying to get at

That's what I said lawyer boy ;)

That's what I said lawyer boy ;)

Play nicely boys, as yet I'm pretty sure that neither of you have a ride of that colour so lets not take on the persona just yet ............LOL

And anyway, given Simons duboiusly coloured car and Jes we won't speak of yours.....hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm

I would be very careful both of you.............

The man with the pink phone has spoken

The sandpit is big enough for all of us, well except for those with questionable bladder control...........

Edited by oldskool

Oh yeah,

and by f*ck, it looks like great value, so less quibble & more dribble both of you.......LOL

That’s a real bargain. I think they may have mispriced it.

The one I looked a a couple of weeks ago was the same year and colour. $65,000!

Singapore, km and the SMG detract from the value personally - I think SMGs fine but wouldn't want it at high km. I also don't like the interior colour.

I think it's definitely cheap, but the market is speaking ---> there are a lot for sale at $50-60k with lower km, NZ new, that are just not moving. I bought my E36 M3 more than 2 months ago, after about a month of looking, and I recognise about half the E46 M3s for sale from that period. Compare it to this similar car, which might not sell this time either at $39.5k no reserve (despite another price drop):

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-157643376.htm

Singapore, km and the SMG detract from the value personally - I think SMGs fine but wouldn't want it at high km. I also don't like the interior colour.

I think it's definitely cheap, but the market is speaking ---> there are a lot for sale at $50-60k with lower km, NZ new, that are just not moving. I bought my E36 M3 more than 2 months ago, after about a month of looking, and I recognise about half the E46 M3s for sale from that period. Compare it to this similar car, which might not sell this time either at $39.5k no reserve (despite another price drop):

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-157643376.htm

Seen that car in the flesh a couple of times, I think he'd get more interest if he removed the stripes. Imola Red is a fantastic colour and the stripes make it look so bad.

I made a reasonable offer ($55,000) on a NZ-M3 and the guy said no thanks its worth more than that…we will see how long it’s listed for.

Another guy said to me don’t bother even coming to look (dealer) as he wasn’t going to move on price and wouldn’t accept a trade…

Same thing happened to me when trying to purchase a vehicle a couple of years ago, I offered him my 01 Altezza as a trade for 18k plus 10k cash. The dealer said no. I sold the Altezza for 22k privately a month or so later and the dealer was still selling the car I made an offer on a year and a half later. It ended up selling for $17,000 :lol:

For the record I like that colour.

Guest Simon*

Play nicely boys, as yet I'm pretty sure that neither of you have a ride of that colour so lets not take on the persona just yet ............LOL

And anyway, given Simons duboiusly coloured car and Jes we won't speak of yours.....hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm

I would be very careful both of you.............

The man with the pink phone has spoken

The sandpit is big enough for all of us, well except for those with questionable bladder control...........

Grunta you stirrer!

My purple petrol eater is a unique and fantastically coloured car ;) Won't hear a word to the contrary (that's a warning by the way!!)

But bear with me (and those of you who have had kids, and changed nappies since birth will know) - when bubs is on breast milk only there is ONLY ONE COLOUR that comes out of them. So I see it faithfully recreated by BMW and smeared all over that pretty M3, it makes me gag. Karitane yellow, Mustard or whatever the f**k they call it, is not an appropriate colour for a good car maker.

And I still can't believe the range that Ford brought the BAzza 'Coon out in. Someone ran out of felts at the board meeting and dipped into the highlighter draw.

The colour is great much better than boring black or silver - the overdoce of crap carbon is what spoils it.

At that price it has to have a problem.

Agree with ya on the carbon it looks arse but do like the colour. The only problem with the car will be that there are a crap load available, its an import and they are bloody expensive to maintain at that mileage hence its value is limited.

Also remember that these days are not the best times for selling cars.

Edited by 318Touring

Yep I can vouch for that. Astra anyone :P

The Falcon colour is far from the same. Funnily enough I just went to the post office and guess what was parked out front. A baby poo M3! I like it.

Guest Simon*

Yep I can vouch for that. Astra anyone :P

The Falcon colour is far from the same. Funnily enough I just went to the post office and guess what was parked out front. A baby poo M3! I like it.

There was a piccie of your astra featured in the trademe motors e-newsletter. You probably got it.

The reason it's outside the post office is the owners' inside desperately trying to get change of ownership done because the colour makes him sick! :)

E: Oh I wasn't suggesting Falcon colours are the same - just that they are also bad colours

Edited by Simon*

Hahaha Simon do you really hate the colour that much! So if someone gave you one you wouldn't drive it? ;) It's Phoenix Yellow btw.

I actually quite like the CF bits.

Not a fan of Phoenix Yellow, but the very rare Laguna Seca Blue (pastel) gets me going. I guess if you are gonna drive an M car, it might as well be a bit out there...

Not a fan of Phoenix Yellow, but the very rare Laguna Seca Blue (pastel) gets me going. I guess if you are gonna drive an M car, it might as well be a bit out there...

Yep agreed, Leguna seca Blue FTW.

Does anyone have a link to late model BMW colour names? A colour chart so to speak.

The paint colour isn't my favourite, but the leather colour is much worse IMHO....

Bet you would have to keep a low profile in a car that colour though - must stand out like dogs balls on the road! Black, Imola red or silver is much lower key - wonder if they get pulled over less?