Sign in to follow this  
martyyn

The X6

I was behind one of these on the motorway yesterday and I just have to ask.......why ?

Ive long admired the 'bangle' shape but this is just fcuking ugly. The rear looks like a right mess and I can imagine the rear visibility is that good with such a small rear window.

It sits so high up aswell, but with the rear 'coupe' like section it doesnt look like youd get much in it other than a couple of passengers.

I just dont see the point when you have the X5 already looking the business and having much more space.

I may be going out on a limb, but I think its really cool! Something a bit different, SUV looks and practicality in a package that handles and drives well.

If I needed a big car, this would be a much better option for me than a 5 Series touring or an X5. I guess there would only be a very small market though as if you had children, you'd go for an X5.

Even though opinion is divided, rumour has it that the UK has no new unallocated units for the rest of the year...

I may be going out on a limb, but I think its really cool! Something a bit different, SUV looks and practicality in a package that handles and drives well.

No doubt it will be a great fashion statement for people who just want the newest coolest most different, but other than that- X5's already handle really well, look far more respectable and are perfectly fast!

Yes apparently there's a waiting list for it. I think it looks good, and from what I've read, it drives very well with the new technology and new engine. I have to say though it doesn't seem to be very practical - ah well, what can you say, if there's a niche and BMW can make more money...

Ha,

Wondered how long it would take for this point to come up, the X6 has got the new trick DSC etc, etc and unlike a toyota it won't tip you over on dirt or spoil any sense of fun that you may wish to have behind the wheel. Also important it has not been set up to be an interfering Nana that actually cripples the vehicles dynamic ability, so it is still a true BMW.

BUT .........................

Why oh why did they decide to put one of the sexiest drivetrain and suspension combos in such an ugly wrapper.......

I'm sure that there are many people out there who will love the new beastie and think it looks fab............

But I think it is niche marketing gone horribly horribly wrong................

Kinda FrankenFive............ X that is...................should be X rated so that young children are not scared for life....LOL

May the debate continue...................

i am astonished to admit that I really like it!I would have one of these before an X5,but dont ask me why!I ussually hate ALL suv type vehicles with a vengeance.

i am astonished to admit that I really like it!I would have one of these before an X5,but dont ask me why!I ussually hate ALL suv type vehicles with a vengeance.

I like it too!

was behind one .. and it does look good .. just not practicallity next the x5. I would still get a new x5 over the x6 .. just cause the new x5 looks tough ...

too me .. its like the 6 series. why?

That's because it is a 6-series :-)

X3 = off-road 4WD version of 3-series

X5 = off-road 4WD version of 5-series

X6 = off-road 4WD version of 6-series

(see the logic?)

Wonder if they'll ever make an X1 or an X7....??

I like it too. That said, rear headroom is not enough - I am not tall (5'10"), just touching the ceiling with my #2 spiky hair.

I drove a white one, all I'll say is that they are pretty boring, just like a X5 only turns way more heads with a smaller interior with a base price of 140k, waaay perfer a X5 anyday

The X6? I was too scared to go within 20 feet in case it rubbed off.I saw these at JCBMW last week, the only redeeming feature looks wise is that it makes the 1 series coupe not quite as ugly. Just my opinion of course.

I had a look at it at Jeff Gray's today while I waiting to be told that an E30 electric aerial would cost $550.

Neither that price, nor the X6 took my fancy. The 123d Coupe in white did, though.

After seeing a black X6 at Coombes Johnston BMW in Hamilton, I will say they look better in person than in photos. But I still would rather have an X5 (especially the new 3.0sd twin turbo diesel, damn what a beast!)

I really like it too. It's refreshing - something different. I'm sick of SUV styling if you want 4WD and a decent ride height. Reviews I've seen rate it. Twin turbo V8 when petrol is the price it is - buying one of these new will be an act of bravery. I hate to think what the depreciation on large capacirty cars is going to be if petrol stays where it is.

Saw a black one in Palmy.

Can't make up my mind if I like it or not - Think id still have an X5