Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Traffic in Thailand

Having just came back from KL ( Maylasia ) I can vouch for that ... similar thing over there, LOTS of Cars, and even more crazy scooter drivers - funny to watch them when the lights go Red, all the scooters go thru the traffic to the front, I do not know how they don't scratch cras or break off rear view mirrors!

Having just came back from KL ( Maylasia ) I can vouch for that ... similar thing over there, LOTS of Cars, and even more crazy scooter drivers - funny to watch them when the lights go Red, all the scooters go thru the traffic to the front, I do not know how they don't scratch cras or break off rear view mirrors!

Same in Thailand. I was there at xmas time. This isnt my clip...it was sent to me

I took quite a few vids of the traffic there too...you cant cross the roads when its busy....and you want to see the canal boats in Bankok in the mornings and evenings... I've got vids of those too...should put them on Utube

Yep its nuts but it seems to keep flowing though, something we can’t claim in Auckland. I will never say bloody Asian drivers ever again after being there I have a new found respect.

.........and not one finger/fist to be seen

Has anyone been up the top of the Arch De Triumph in Paris? Well for those who dont know about it. It is one giant roundabout that has no lanes. It is chaotic all the time. On average there is a crash there every 7 mins. I do have a vid somewhere that I will hunt down. While recording we got some good action of a cop car running over a guy on a scooter.

Not 100% sure if it is true but apparently you have no insurance if you crash on it.

This is not my vid. But gives you an idea.

Oh my god I thought they were ants!! That is crazy!! Is that video sped up or are they seriously swerving that quick and then off they go again!! lol

Yeah, its total madness!!

I went over to Thailand last year and decided to hire a scooter to use instead of take Tuk Tuk's.

It was the craziest thing I have ever done- so many close calls. But also very fun!

Has anyone been up the top of the Arch De Triumph in Paris? Well for those who dont know about it. It is one giant roundabout that has no lanes. It is chaotic all the time. On average there is a crash there every 7 mins. I do have a vid somewhere that I will hunt down. While recording we got some good action of a cop car running over a guy on a scooter.

Not 100% sure if it is true but apparently you have no insurance if you crash on it.

This is not my vid. But gives you an idea.

I lived there and that looks fairly tame compared to some of the stuff I have seen in Paris! They used to use my poor old Golf diesel as a 120km/h mobile chicane on the A86 ring road....

Looks like India - not Thailand.

I've been to Thailand and it's not too different to that in Bangkok.

But notice in the video those older cars - a white one does a U-turn at about the 30 second point.

I think that would be an Ambassador - made in India for many years, based on an old BL design.

I did think that and just assumed it was an old video as 90% the cars I saw in Bangkok were pre 2000.