Sign in to follow this  
arros

e34 540i NZ new

She's still for sale chaps...

White pepper mint for sale

See: with tints white don't look too bad

Obligatory (so it seems) trademe link

Anyone want to trade on e39 540 or other V8

Thats a hot car. Seems well priced to me.

G/L with the sale dude.

Love the car! Wish the patrol prices are like 7 years ago... Still for those who are lucky enough not have to worry about the patrol prices should snap up this in no time. G/L with the sale dude!

Cheers guys. Car is certainly taking longer to sell... possibly people are thinging twice re petrol prices. Guess the reason why I can afford to run it is that recently it has mainly been a weekend car. Though if I was driving it 5-6 days a week I probably make cuts elsewhere so that I'd still be enjoying it- all about one's priorities

Looks the part, very nice. I think your biggest problem is the price obviously, you can get a lot more recent cars for that kind of dollar, 96, 97, and even 98 beemers are in that kind of range if you keep your eyes open. My 2c anyway.

Good luck tho.

Silver Fox you are probably quite corrrect. If someone is looking for a beamer then yes, if they are looking an e39 then less chance. Yes again to a 3 series e36. e34's go for less depending on model. 'Standard' e34 540's do go for less, some asking more. Depend what someone is looking for. It is interesting how cheap you can pick em up for...if I only had more time to spend looking at Turner's auctions- darn it

What sort of thing are you looking to trade on?

Good luck with the sale mate, it looks really nice in white and has tones more appeal than the run of the mill Jap import E39.

Are you upgrading?

More like newer but downgrading? :D

I think you have the price in the right range, the car appears to be in very nice condition. When I was looking for my 540 if I'd come across this I would have bought it!

What sort of thing are you looking to trade on?

Looking at the e39 540. (Thanks Silver Fox- though I may still agree it's a 'downgrade' (least while I still got an e34) Particularly like the v8. Been thinking about Holden but... a real one I can't afford... Can't get so excited about Holdens now, probably stick with beamer, wife suggest a Subaru: No thanks... Merc's: Kinda interesting I suppose though no model particularly appeals- something slightly pimped- Do Merc do V8's me wonders

Good luck with the sale mate, it looks really nice in white and has tones more appeal than the run of the mill Jap import E39.

Are you upgrading?

Kinda thinking of an e39 530/540. 3 series too small, 7 series to big: 5 Series just right :rolleyes:

Looking at the e39 540. (Thanks Silver Fox- though I may still agree it's a 'downgrade' (least while I still got an e34) Particularly like the v8. Been thinking about Holden but... a real one I can't afford... Can't get so excited about Holdens now, probably stick with beamer, wife suggest a Subaru: No thanks... Merc's: Kinda interesting I suppose though no model particularly appeals- something slightly pimped- Do Merc do V8's me wonders

What about a AMG E55.

More like newer but downgrading? :D

Not going to argue with you on that one-least while I still own an e34

What about a AMG E55.

Would need to se waht it is- prob outside my budget. Chr

What about a AMG E55.

This car may not be a V8, but is very nice and has pedigree being the first of the production AMG's... Very well priced too! Link

Yes tis a nice car. Not as much bodykit going on as I'd expect for an AMG- possibly on account of it being 'RARE FACTORY AMG' whatever that means. I'd go for an AMG 55 yes, though spending that dosh i'd prob hold out for a manual motorsport beamer. Thanks Jeremy

Edited by arros

Cheers guys. Car is certainly taking longer to sell... possibly people are thinging twice re petrol prices.

No its mostly because they got no balls??? LOL

Just bought a E34 535. Knowing that the patrol price could now go up as high as 2.80per litre.

But seriously, you might be paying a little extra for patrol than say your average boring corolla or a pulsar to save some bucks but I would pay that extra anyday for

1st Comfort and Safety this car is known for

2nd Class

my 2c

Arros E55 AMG Mercs are very nice, you can find a year 1999 ish import model with average Km for around 30K, which is good value , I was looking at one after I sold my last E34 540i Touring.

But ideally you really want NZ new and low km's unfortunately they're hard to find so people still ask good money when they do sell.

I ended up buying another E34 540i Touring instead, NZ new with 130km , lowered it with Vogtland Springs, stuck on Ruff Racing 20 x 8.5's all round and custom painted the wheel centres silver and polished the lips with 245/30/20 k107 Hankook Tyres, I drive it everyday and love it, it handles and goes hard! What else compares to an E34 540i for the money?

I just had it serviced by Glenn at Botany Motor Worx and would definately recommend them, this would be the first time I have had any of my cars serviced for a long time where everything that I asked to be done was done and done properly.

They fitted up the new updated Silver Indicator lights and disconnected the Camber link arm and secured in neutral position to stop the dash light coming on since the rear is lowered. And the price was very reasonable thanks Glenn.

Heres some pics.

Adam

post-2876-1213497060_thumb.jpg

post-2876-1213497098_thumb.jpg

post-2876-1213497126_thumb.jpg

No its mostly because they got no balls??? LOL

Just bought a E34 535. Knowing that the patrol price could now go up as high as 2.80per litre.

But seriously, you might be paying a little extra for patrol than say your average boring corolla or a pulsar to save some bucks but I would pay that extra anyday for

1st Comfort and Safety this car is known for

2nd Class

my 2c

Hell yeah. I'd rather have a higher running cost and have a beamer over the cars you mentioned (all jap cars really) for the points you mentioned. Anyway this is bimmersport and we are all 'the converted' (no preaching necessary)-

And yes a 4 ltr car has higher running cost than most beamers but I love it

Adam, that is a very nice car sir! You must have beaten Brent to this one me thinks.

Those 20's look just the ticket- nice!

Guess you be keeping it for a while with all the money you've spent. Everything you've done is prob

what I'd like to do on a 540.

Read your profile re Holdens. The clubsport would be quicker than the beamer by quite a bit but as you say the beamer is a nicer ride. Have been thinking of a v8 Holden as an alternative. Would you recommend one?

Hey if you ever think of selling the touring.... but why would you!

I have heard many good things about Botany Motor Worx- should try them

Love the car Adam. Have you got sounds in the car or standard (which is pretty good anyway)

Arros E55 AMG Mercs are very nice, you can find a year 1999 ish import model with average Km for around 30K, which is good value , I was looking at one after I sold my last E34 540i Touring.

But ideally you really want NZ new and low km's unfortunately they're hard to find so people still ask good money when they do sell.

I ended up buying another E34 540i Touring instead, NZ new with 130km , lowered it with Vogtland Springs, stuck on Ruff Racing 20 x 8.5's all round and custom painted the wheel centres silver and polished the lips with 245/30/20 k107 Hankook Tyres, I drive it everyday and love it, it handles and goes hard! What else compares to an E34 540i for the money?

I just had it serviced by Glenn at Botany Motor Worx and would definately recommend them, this would be the first time I have had any of my cars serviced for a long time where everything that I asked to be done was done and done properly.

They fitted up the new updated Silver Indicator lights and disconnected the Camber link arm and secured in neutral position to stop the dash light coming on since the rear is lowered. And the price was very reasonable thanks Glenn.

Heres some pics.

Adam

Yes the AMG E55 is nice... oh but for the price.

What else compares to an E34 540i for the money?= exactly

I had kind of dismissed a Touring- thought it a bit too grandma, grandad 'family wagon' type of car but yours has made me think again. Do the rear seats fold? I'm thinking no. Does it have real stationwagon sized space in the back?

Clear indicators (like mine) on the back maybe?- I think the original look just fine- might look to mono tone- with all lights silver/clear.

beamer is a nicer ride. Have been thinking of a v8 Holden as an alternative.

I'd go for an E39 540 before a Holden V8, Have driven a few late model SS's with the chev 5.7 and there nothing to get excited about in my opinion.

They seem to rattle like sh*t once they get a few k's on the clock.

Theres a good range of nice 540's on Trade Me at the moment

Or a bmw limo! http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C.../p-62705361.htm!

Edited by braeden.

After owning a Beemer you really can't compare them to a Holden.

I have a 2004 Manual VY Clubsport which I got with 30,000km on the clock and have done quite a few what I call essential modifications.

1) Suspension - In Every commodore I've had including HSV's the ride is sh..t and have found Pedders to be an awesome replacement, still excellent ride quality even slammed. In the VY Clubbie I have adjustable Coil overs and have two sets of springs (one for track days)

2) Brakes - Replaced fronts with better rotors and pads from Race Brakes NZ

3) Headers if not HSV, (HSV have headers already) Exhaust, Silver Carbon Over The Radiator Air Intake (we make these for Paul Manuell Racing/Eastern Automotive) and full Dyno Tune and run on 98. Power has gone from 260kw standard to approx 325kw (dynoed 248.5 rear wheel kw) and truckloads more Torque. Without the mods they are very sluggish down low and my average fuel consumption for everyday driving is now 11.4 litres/100km compared to 16-17 litres/100km before the mods. Also compare that to 12.3 litres/100km for the 540i...!

Braeden yes Commodores definately start rattling, they just don't have the build quality I'm afraid. I have owned 4 V8's in total all manual starting with a new special build Manual Station in 1999 and then a New VY SS IN 2003 as company cars. The wagon was a first of the new model (VT) and was always broken down with something in the shop every week, we sold it at 100km/ 3years and was starting to show its age for sure. Before the VY Clubbie I had a 1998 GTS which I bought with 100km on the clock and what a nightmare... main seal leaks, door trims rooted and leaking, diff blown, belts breaking just to name a few!

I ownly got a BMW because I typed in V8 and Station Wagon keywords into google looking for a cheapish Holden V8 Wagon when I started working for myself and there was a E34 540i Wagon in Whangarei with 73000 miles on it. My father in Law had a NZ new 1994 530i with 180km on it and it drove like new so I went and drove the wagon and bought it on the spot.

My VY Clubbie is a great car but you're still going to pay mid 30's for a decent one with low kms. Oh yeah and don't buy an Auto, they are pigs! Love the Manual and it goes hard and have great fun on the track but its expensive to maintain. Also I choose to drive the 540i wagon every day. But then I have the original purchase receipt for the wagon, the guy paid $159,000 in 1995 for it, so you can't compare it to a Holden at $75000. Would definately have an e39 540i though over the Clubbie as an every day driver.

The biggest problem is I used to happy with a V8 Holden now I'm looking at Euro$$$..., the car I would really like is an e39 M5 Manual. :rolleyes: Why are there bugger all of these for sale ever? I see a Silver one now on Trade Me...

Adam

post-2876-1213516563_thumb.jpg

post-2876-1213516587_thumb.jpg

post-2876-1213516667_thumb.jpg

Arros sorry I got a bit carried away there typing and forgot to answer your questions....

At this stage I will keep the Touring, I have to buy a truck or something to tow the 2.2 ton wakeboard boat before summer as the Clubby is not liking it on the clutch... :unsure:

So not sure whether I will sell the Clubby or Touring.

Yes the seats fold down all the way and there is plenty of room.

Yes am very happy with the 20's, I see a few of the guys on here put the hammer into a guy on here with a slammed out e34 5 series with modern M5 look 20's a couple of weeks ago... I chose the Ruff Racing Wheel as they look like a factoryish style and don't look too big even though they're 20's because of the large polished dish. I think that wheels that have spokes that go right to the edge of the wheel and don't have a dish look a lot bigger (like my clubbie wheels) but I agree with the others, that type of modern wheel doesn't look that great on older BMW's

Still have the standard stereo which is OK, it has a 6 stacker in the boot.

Adam