Sign in to follow this  
E30Conman

New Member - 89 E30

I never got over leaving my pristine 82 E21 323i bauer cabriolet behind in Africa, so to cure the fix I recently grabbed her younger sister - 89 NZ new 325i manual convertible, 143kms, 1 elderly lady owner from new with full service records! From 3 to 6000rpm nothing sounds as good!!

post-3211-1215387426_thumb.jpg

Welcome to Bimmersport.

Looks like a mint E30 'vert.

well done, love the light covers.

Lekker vert! Welcome to the forum.

Interesting headlight covers...

Nice to see someone else with headlight covers! (Welcome to an exclusive little club) That's a really beautiful car, best colour for a cabriolet I think.

Lekker vert! Welcome to the forum.

Interesting headlight covers...

Shot Ekse.. :-) Pity about the game (I was there), headlight covers were specc'd options when new (I have the original quotes receipts as well as the original "vert" brochure. They are more tired than they look but av had some super glue attention to hopefully give them some years..

P.S. Once had the priveledge of having a 333i for the weekend, - 2nd to 3rd would still pull tire smoke !!

JD

Edit [bravo]: fixed quote tags.

Edited by bravo

Nice to see someone else with headlight covers! (Welcome to an exclusive little club) That's a really beautiful car, best colour for a cabriolet I think.

Cheers,

Yeah, I've not seen another with hd light covers and would be keen to replace them with new ones - Yeah Right :-)

Also agree the Luxor suits the vert, interesting my NZ new doesn't have boot brake light like alota the imports, must be trainspotters clue. Lokking for factory BBS's to add some sparkle!

Welcome to Bimmersport.

Looks like a mint E30 'vert.

Cheers for that,

"I think, therefore it hurts"

Edited by bravo

Welcome to Bimmersport, looks a nice low K's E30. Can't be many tidy convertibles left, did you know alot of handbuilt seam welding/strenghtening went into those cars.

Put up some more good shots, preferably low mg pixels for quicker download.

Welcome to Bimmersport, looks a nice low K's E30. Can't be many tidy convertibles left, did you know alot of handbuilt seam welding/strenghtening went into those cars.

Put up some more good shots, preferably low mg pixels for quicker download.

No wasn't aware of the handbuilt welding, just that the "scuttle shake" of my E30 convert is so much less/better than my 82 E21 cabriolet, BMW musta done their homework.

Having just replaced all 4 shocks, some advice to soft toppers - Go firm at your peril !! Solid advice from a seasoned shock man, suggested too firm would ruin the ride ( and shake) of the convert, glad I went with std!!

More pix to follow, and I'll try reduce the file size.

Cheers

JD

:-)post-3211-1215420746_thumb.jpg

Edited by bravo

A nice find, and a wise choice!

I especially like the hounds-tooth check on the seats, even if it is a prick of a job to keep it clean and tidy, especially with kids.

Looked for a good 325i 'vert for a very long time before bringing mine out from the UK.

Had a big row with the vehicle certifier about the brake light (which looks ugly and ruins the whole flow of the body line) as it wasn't fitted on the NZ new vehicles. Any import has to comply to the current regs, while the NZ new only have to comply with the regs at the time, apparently.

Couldn't win on that one as I had some other marginal areas (suspension travel and ride height) that i wanted to get through.

Set of weaves on there and you will be looking totally mint! Good luck with finding a good set.

Set of weaves on there and you will be looking totally mint! Good luck with finding a good set.

I have a set of 15'' weaves that would go for the right price... PM me

Any vehicle imported (first registered) after 1 jan 1991 must have a high stop lamp fitted.

If your car is is older than a '91 and was nz-new or imported before then, then you don't have to have the light.

Edited by bravo

Any vehicle imported (first registered) after 1 jan 1991 must have a high stop lamp fitted.

If your car is is older than a '91 and was nz-new or imported before then, then you don't have to have the light.

Welcome...great forum for us new members and love the car

Welcome always good to see a tidy E30 and Luxor Beige is so badass

Welcome always good to see a tidy E30 and Luxor Beige is so badass

Cheers, What a pair of E30's !!! The M3 looks super awesome !!

Once drove a E36 M3 cab in the UK, being wet country roads it was interesting (read fun!)

Love the M325 steering wheel .??, std option? think not, whats it off?

The 15inch weaves look great!

JD

Cheers, What a pair of E30's !!! The M3 looks super awesome !!

Once drove a E36 M3 cab in the UK, being wet country roads it was interesting (read fun!)

Love the M325 steering wheel .??, std option? think not, whats it off?

The 15inch weaves look great!

JD

Cheers man. The M325 wheel is M Tech 2 so standard after 89 i think. I bought it in from the UK i think it was 200 quid.

I have a set of 15'' weaves that would go for the right price... PM me

Hi,

Keen to get more details on the 15's. I'm not sure if my messages are getting through so please send pix and details thru to my email justin.devlin@xnet.co.nz , or text and I'll call you (027 4488731) this number will only be until friday 11th.

Cheers

JD.

Very nice car! Great colour too.

Cheers

Can you post or send some pix of your beast (justin.devlin@xnet.co.nz)

Cheers

JD.