Sign in to follow this  
Andrew

Video: BMW M3 racing version in action

Posted Image

At the 2008 Chicago Auto Show in February, BMW announced that it will be returning to the American Le Mans Series in early 2009 with a racing version of the new BMW M3. Based on the new 2008 BMW M3, power comes from a BMW P65 V8 485-hp engine.

BMW hopes that the M3 racing version will be an immediate front-runner when it makes its return to the American Le Mans Series next year - which will be made possible by a parternship between BMW of North America and Rahal Letterman Racing.

Just luv'n the look :wub: wide 'n low.

Now that is one badassed car. Pity about the spoiler, but I suppose it's necessary in a racing situation.

I wish it was allowed in the V8 Supercar series. BAdass

interesting you should say that .. as ford has just dropped sponsorship of the teams in v8 supercars .. it opened up the question for other classes.. dont think it will be done however. But interesting what money does..

GM and Ford are going to the dogs where as European manufactures are posting record profits. :) its only a matter of time before my master plan comes into effect :D

Now that is one badassed car. Pity about the spoiler, but I suppose it's necessary in a racing situation.

The spoiler is awesome! like togate said, it should have come from factory like that.

I'm so excited, bimmersport will definitely keep you posted about the American Le Mans series!