Sign in to follow this  
emily-mouse

Two Little Bits of General Useless Knowledge.

Yeah. I actually do learn interesting things in my typical busy pineapple lump life I forfill.

Here are some interesting thingys.

#1 STORY: Parents went and had a look at car auctions the other day, there was a 1999 Ford Falcon Au...pretty mint condition, 192,000km...expected to sell for about 2 grand. The auctioneer was telling me the dude who bought it about 5 years ago bought it for $18,000...and still is paying it off. Now it's worth $2,000. OUCH.

#2 STORY: Okay this large a**hole, mid 60s came into my work last night, one of those typical customers that is purely difficult, complains about everything, expects table service (in Breakers??! <_< ). He sent back a steak to be reheated cos he hadn't touched it cos he was scoffing all of the chips on his plate (and his small wifes too).

Yeah we reheated it. He ate it. Yeah. But after I was having a chat to the head chef. He was saying that it's so typical for a steak that is sent back in to be reheated or cooked to be tampered with (he didn't do anything aiiight!).

His brother worked in the frontline of Sizzlers of a Perth branch. It was shut down beacuse:

A lady ordered a steak there, it wasn't cooked right, she sent it back, it came back, she ate half of it, took it home in a doggy bag, about a week later colesores appeared around her mouth...went to the doctor, he confirmed it was herpes...she just happened to have the steak in the rubbish, it was tested....turned out to have 7 different traces of spermicide in it.

So a warning. Think twice when you send back your steak. ;)

Edited by 318mouse

that story is so old and yes, useless. Thank you

Maybe should have ordered the steak 'sans sauce'?

There are loads of urban legends around that kind of thing - like the chicken tumor in the KFC, and the dude making his own mayonaise for the coleslaw (also at KFC funnily enough). Always makes me check the food grading when you walk in the door!

Believe it or not, spermicide certainly won't give you herpes.... sperm might tho :P

Wtf.I don't get it.I could make a thread and put sooooo much useless sh!t on there.

Please don't.

that story is so old and yes, useless. Thank you

Oh so discussing the effects of fuel economy and decreasing value in car values in my first part ain't grown up.

Pfft.

Oh so discussing the effects of fuel economy and decreasing value in car values in my first part ain't grown up.

Pfft.

the real truth is that fuel is only a part(albeit an increasing part) of the cost of running a car.Take this guy for example.So he takes a real bath and sells the falcon and takes a huge hit in depreciation,then he shels out MORE for a supposedly more economical car.Say he pays 10 grand for the new car.So he has spent 10000 plus the huge hit in depreciation to save himself say 20 or 30 bucks a week.....who is the f--wit?AND he still has to maintain insure reg and wof the new car at the same or more cost than the falcon

the real truth is that fuel is only a part(albeit an increasing part) of the cost of running a car.Take this guy for example.So he takes a real bath and sells the falcon and takes a huge hit in depreciation,then he shels out MORE for a supposedly more economical car.Say he pays 10 grand for the new car.So he has spent 10000 plus the huge hit in depreciation to save himself say 20 or 30 bucks a week.....who is the f--wit?AND he still has to maintain insure reg and wof the new car at the same or more cost than the falcon

While this is very true, you would be surprised at the amount of people downgrading and buying smaller cars - we can't sell enough small cars at the moment. However the big cars are still selling to a point (those that earn enough not to have to worry about the cost, and those who don't care because they enjoy driving and are v8 mad etc....)

I own, drive, reg, wof and insure 2x2.5ltr 6cyl cars, there is no way in this world i will be downgrading to anything less! I enjoy driving too much!

Yeah. I actually do learn interesting things in my typical busy pineapple lump life I forfill.

Here are some interesting thingys.

#1 STORY: Parents went and had a look at car auctions the other day, there was a 1999 Ford Falcon Au...pretty mint condition, 192,000km...expected to sell for about 2 grand. The auctioneer was telling me the dude who bought it about 5 years ago bought it for $18,000...and still is paying it off. Now it's worth $2,000. OUCH.

#2 STORY: Okay this large a**hole, mid 60s came into my work last night, one of those typical customers that is purely difficult, complains about everything, expects table service (in Breakers??! <_< ). He sent back a steak to be reheated cos he hadn't touched it cos he was scoffing all of the chips on his plate (and his small wifes too).

Yeah we reheated it. He ate it. Yeah. But after I was having a chat to the head chef. He was saying that it's so typical for a steak that is sent back in to be reheated or cooked to be tampered with (he didn't do anything aiiight!).

His brother worked in the frontline of Sizzlers of a Perth branch. It was shut down beacuse:

A lady ordered a steak there, it wasn't cooked right, she sent it back, it came back, she ate half of it, took it home in a doggy bag, about a week later colesores appeared around her mouth...went to the doctor, he confirmed it was herpes...she just happened to have the steak in the rubbish, it was tested....turned out to have 7 different traces of spermicide in it.

So a warning. Think twice when you send back your steak. ;)

To the first story, that car may have had only 50,000kms on it when bought 5 years earlier, and would have been easily worth that money then with anything under 100km.

YOU'RE VERY WELCOME DARLING.

Edit: grammar. ;)

My little bit of useless general knowledge.

While this is very true, you would be surprised at the amount of people downgrading and buying smaller cars - we can't sell enough small cars at the moment. However the big cars are still selling to a point (those that earn enough not to have to worry about the cost, and those who don't care because they enjoy driving and are v8 mad etc....)

I own, drive, reg, wof and insure 2x2.5ltr 6cyl cars, there is no way in this world i will be downgrading to anything less! I enjoy driving too much!

i know but i think the economics are dubious...dont get me wrong i think if one is in the market for a new(er) car then by all means get a very economical one(and we just have).But to take a big hit in depreciaton to get rid of a big car..hmmm>and one must also ask the queston.What happens to that car?Is it going to be removed from the fleet?Its probably going to be kept running by someone perhaps not in tha same good condition it should be...so overall still a contribuor to the "carbon footprint:_consumption club".

Thread topic = Two Little Bits of General Useless Knowledge.

Why is everybody trying to get use out of the useless knowledge?