Sign in to follow this  
antony

Will e46 wheels fit an e36?

As per title, will 18" e46 wheels fit an e36?

Have asked questions about offset, but seller doesn't seem to have a clue.

Has nothing nothing about width, but they have 225/40/18 tyres.

Thanks

Antony.

Really need some more information. What width are they? Are they genuine or aftermarket? Generally an E46 wheel will fit on an E36 but you really need to know the width.

The wheels on mine are from an E46 M3.

Give us more details, like Johno said in general yes most E36 wheels fit on E46 and vice versa.

The wheels on mine are from an E46 M3.

If they are genuine E46 M3 wheels then you must have 4 front wheels because the rears wouldn't fit.

Really? Unsure.

yes

their offset are similar

but not E90 tho

i think E90 has a lower offset

E90 offset is still 3 series offset and WILL fit both E46 and E36. Of course this all depends on the width of the wheel. Really people - if you are not sure - DON'T offer any advice!!

Greg- The E46 M3 runs a 3 series offset for the front wheels and a 5 series offset for the rears. Either your wheels are not genuine or as mentioned above you have a full set of fronts.

Edited by zenetti

E90 offset is still 3 series offset and WILL fit both E46 and E36. Of course this all depends on the width of the wheel. Really people - if you are not sure - DON'T offer any advice!!

Greg- The E46 M3 runs a 3 series offset for the front wheels and a 5 series offset for the rears. Either your wheels are not genuine or as mentioned above you have a full set of fronts.

Do you reckon i could get those wheels in the same size as the what should be on the rear?

Thanks guys.

I'm asking on behalf of a friend, I don't know that much about the 'newer' 3 series :lol:

I've pretty much given you guys all the information on the wheels I have, in the picture they don't look to be any wider than 8".

I don't personally like them that much, but I told her to look for wheels that she likes.

trademe

They should fit - however Diamondback tyres are NOT made by Hankook, they are basically rebranded Triangle's. Triangle are very much a budget brand, and are not known for being a quiet tyre.

hey zenetti

no offence

but e90 wheels (at least some) do have a smaller offset comparing to the e46

i know that because I have tried putting my parents e90 wheels onto my e46

in my case, the e90 wheels have the et34 offset while the normal e46 wheels have the et47 offset

^ as jonno has said ideal offset depends very much on the width of the wheel. thats why offsets can cause so much confusion. if the wheels you were comparing are the same width then that is a valid statement, otherwise its a bit meaningless.

Can people please give wheel widths when talking any offset info, it could save so many misunderstandings

Cheers

Edited by Mike

well said Mike - I couldn't agree with you more.

sorry skyline I wasn't picking at you, but you just happened to be the subject of my 'wrath' :P . I just get constantly frustrated by the amount of 'advice' given on here which is not strictly correct. I know a wee bit about exhausts, steroes etc but don't go handing out advice when I can't be 100% sure my advice will be correct or will not definitely help solve a problem.

As the old saying goes "A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing" and I think this especially runs true with a lot of members on here.

After doing over 200 BMW's I think I am suitable qualified to give out advice. As I said earlier I get very frustrated when I see some of the 'advice' given out, I am sure Glenn at Botany Motor Worx feels the same way alot of the time. What is the most frustrating though is that a lot of people who ask questions take advice from people who do not really know what they are talking about.

BTW E90 offset is very similar to E36 offset, E46 is higher but can really accomodate a wider range due to their reasonably flared arches. In the end an offset does not really mean much without knowing the width of the wheel.

EOR (End of Rant) ;)

Edited by zenetti

Graeme @ Botany Motor Worx ???

Have I employed somone over the weekend that I forgot about ??

:D

Cheers

Glenn

Yeah.... he is the guy that gives out the awesome discounts when the boss is not there :P .

:o Edited!!!

And...... I have taken my foot out of my mouth haha

Thanks guys.

I'm asking on behalf of a friend, I don't know that much about the 'newer' 3 series :lol:

I've pretty much given you guys all the information on the wheels I have, in the picture they don't look to be any wider than 8".

I don't personally like them that much, but I told her to look for wheels that she likes.

trademe

I would very much doubt they are genuine BMW wheels. The Auctioneer states that the wheels are new, if that were the case someone must have spent over half the cars value on them!

So many fake wheels rolling around out there, I had question on some M6 wheels not so long ago asking if they were genuine BMW M6 wheels and the guy said yes, I questioned him as I know they are over 10 grand a set and he was selling for around 2k. I went out to find what were a set of imitation wheels.. I don’t mind knock off’s as long as they are being sold as that.

I'm sorry to go off topic but why is your E60 so much very very low??????

I'm sorry to go off topic but why is your E60 so much very very low??????

I'm guessing he's used the magic of photoshop B)

Yep that's what i though.

I just get constantly frustrated by the amount of 'advice' given on here which is not strictly correct.

As the old saying goes "A little bit of knowledge can be a dangerous thing" and I think this especially runs true with a lot of members on here.

After doing over 200 BMW's I think I am suitable qualified to give out advice. As I said earlier I get very frustrated when I see some of the 'advice' given out, I am sure Glenn at Botany Motor Worx feels the same way alot of the time. What is the most frustrating though is that a lot of people who ask questions take advice from people who do not really know what they are talking about.

EOR (End of Rant) ;)

I would have to agree with you there Johno

So much missinformation is often given and comments like "my toyota used to do that" or "my 4wd does that"

WTF !! why even make a comment like that?? If we are talking BMW's, you cant compare with other makes.

And comments like " I dont know....but" why even post comments like that. If you don't know, and can't help, dont type !!. If I don't know something, I research it or ask the appropriate people who can give the right proffessional advice. And there are a few on here that are very helpful in their particular field and very knowledgeable too.

EO2ndR (End of second rant)

and BTW... I have been known to be wrong as well (foot in mouth syndrome) :(