Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

UUC motorwerks clutch kit (E46)

We have just completed the installation of a lightened flywheel and clutch kit supplied by the above company for one of our members on here for his E46 320I. I must say I'm impressed. The engine feels so much more responsive and revs more freely. The modification to the clutch pressure release valve also works a treat too.

The owner will probably post on here later.

Links:

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_techtip/...check_valve.htm

Cheers

Glenn

We have just completed the installation of a lightened flywheel and clutch kit supplied by the above company for one of our members on here for his E46 320I. I must say I'm impressed. The engine feels so much more responsive and revs more freely. The modification to the clutch pressure release valve also works a treat too.

The owner will probably post on here later.

Links:

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/

http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/html_techtip/...check_valve.htm

Cheers

Glenn

:rolleyes:

WOW What a difference. This set-up should be a factory standard. Once again thanks for the great comunication and imaculate job. Anyone out there with a manual BMW who wants to ged rid of the clumsy "dual mass" lazy flywheel give Glenn a call. Great service from a great guy. Thank you so much.

The business with the check valve is quite interesting, mine sometimes has that sympton but it says these valves are not on the 3.0l, might just check anyways ;)

:rolleyes:

WOW What a difference. This set-up should be a factory standard.

Yes... I totally agree...as I said before.....very impressed with the difference and half the cost of OEM replacement

I would now recommend fitting this set up in future rather than using OEM mass flywheel.

Maybe we could organise a group buy if others are interested ??

BTW Ance...thanks for the nice comments :D

Cheers

Glenn

I might also add...that I learnt something from doing this (1st time)

And Ance got the result he wanted by doing all his research first into what was available and from whom to buy the kit from... well done Ance :)

The lightened m20 fly does a good job and the cost is around $1300 incl clutch so quite reasonable too.

I might also add...that I learnt something from doing this (1st time)

And Ance got the result he wanted by doing all his research first into what was available and from whom to buy the kit from... well done Ance :)

Thanks Glenn.

The best thing about this set-up is that the friction plate on the lightened aluminium flywheel is replaceable, i.e. you won't replace the whole f/wheel next time, just the steel friction plate which is bolted to the aluminium of the f/wheel, as for the rest of the parts they're available from BMW as genuine parts at the counter. The car feels so much lighter now.

Yes... I totally agree...as I said before.....very impressed with the difference and half the cost of OEM replacement

I would now recommend fitting this set up in future rather than using OEM mass flywheel.

Maybe we could organise a group buy if others are interested ??

BTW Ance...thanks for the nice comments :D

Cheers

Glenn

whats the pros and cos of the dual mass then(aprt from this one?)

not cheap though..and as tony mentioned M20 flywheel + clutch is a much cheaper way to do it...although you do need to change your starter pinion

dual masses are heavy to help with smoothness....bit of performance killer as they are 2x the weight of a normal fly

not cheap though

Ance paid approx $1500 NZ which included freight & duty, compared to $3000 + GST for new mass & clutch kit from the stealers. Which I think is a great price for the results gained.

Thats an excellent price. The one I was looking at when I did the manual conversion was considerably more expensive.

Im sure theres a reason for the dualmass flywheel, but I honestly cant see any benefit.

If you are using the m20 flywheel it must be lightened, otherwise it dosnt fit.

Thats an excellent price. The one I was looking at when I did the manual conversion was considerably more expensive.

Im sure theres a reason for the dualmass flywheel, but I honestly cant see any benefit.

If you are using the m20 flywheel it must be lightened, otherwise it dosnt fit.

Neither can I - I find it harder to drive smoothly because the engine takes so long to drop the revs between shifts. The dual mass flywheel is about the only thing I don't like on the M3.

Wow!! UUC is such a famous BM tunning company, I am keen to have these clutch/flywheel install

in my TI. How did you and your customer obtain the UUC parts?

Wow!! UUC is such a famous BM tunning company, I am keen to have these clutch/flywheel install

in my TI. How did you and your customer obtain the UUC parts?

PM Veles (ance)

I'm sure he will help you, but I'm sure that car of yours has a 4 cylinder gearbox in it. The kit could be different and the starter too. Not knowing how the conversion was done. Might pay to get in touch with the people who did the conversion and get more info first.

Found a gearbox for yours yet Glenn?

Yes I have....better hide your car :P

I tried so many way to look for the modifier, no success so far..But I am sure you will solve this problem for me :P

I will drive my car to your store next month, so you can have a look at it with your pro eyes :D

Thanks Glenn

I tried so many way to look for the modifier, no success so far..But I am sure you will solve this problem for me :P

I will drive my car to your store next month, so you can have a look at it with your pro eyes :D

Thanks Glenn

I think it was AUTOHAUS in Hamilton or Rotorua

Hay Glenn, I took some photos of the gearbox, got any idea with visual check?

M44 4cylinder one by the photos. Leaking oil and a broken R/H gearbox mount as well

M44 4cylinder one by the photos. Leaking oil and a broken R/H gearbox mount as well

So professional!!! I am solving the leaking problem but didn't realize the mount is broken!

Might change the gearbox to a 6 cylinder one in the future then..

Does 6 cylinder one just bold on? or need mods?

Edited by Penny