Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

BMW M3 vs Mercedes C63 AMG vs Lexus IS-F vs Nissan 350GT

Kind of makes sense, the ISF is a slush box that weighs more than the M3, the Mercedes doesn’t have an LSD and cant handle and the 350GT is well a level below the rest.

I just hope they bring out a M3 Touring, how cool would that be!

Imagine if Nissan brought out a sports salon based on the new GTR.

The merc driver could have held him off I reckon. The fool pushed it too hard on last corner and took it wide.

Interesting. The IS-F had the fastest lap and a $20-25k jap import with some suspension mods is probably the best buy of all.

There is a really good article in the June 08 edition of NZ Autocar on the M3 VS C63 VS IS-F

Also has a write up on the X6.

Excellent Magazine most months.

Haha that's awsome, huge victory slide at the end!

The merc driver could have held him off I reckon. The fool pushed it too hard on last corner and took it wide.

Nah the mercs tires where cooked at the end. Road tyres are really sh*t after about 1 lap and with the mercs power baking the rears all the time would have just made for sh*t handling. End of the day the m3 was the smoothest on a short technical track and won as it was the best alround choice for a short circuit.

Interesting. The IS-F had the fastest lap and a $20-25k jap import with some suspension mods is probably the best buy of all.

True, it did ok considering the cost. But 20-25k!! Where are they for that price? This one is second hand and is still double that.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-151905254.htm

I have driven the old version of this car and it’s not quite a match for the rest of the field, would be nice to see Nissan do a hard core Skyline. I think they are going to be bringing out a 3.7ltr version in the next year with a bit more grunt though.

Nah the mercs tires where cooked at the end. Road tyres are really sh*t after about 1 lap and with the mercs power baking the rears all the time would have just made for sh*t handling. End of the day the m3 was the smoothest on a short technical track and won as it was the best alround choice for a short circuit.

It’s a very technical tight circuit that’s for sure, love that track in Granturismo as you can really slay some big cars in light weights!

I downloaded a episode on GT-TV (Granturismo) yesterday and it had the 911-Turbo vs 991 GT3 vs Gallardo Superleggera vs NSX Type-R vs GTR battle and that was cool, also had the Civic Type-R vs S2000 battles.. cool show.

The GT-TV is an awesome feature in the new GT game! Highly recommended, you can download episodes of Best Motoring, Top Gear, Option Video, Japanese touring car coverage and quite a few making of documentaries. Its mostly Jap stuff but very cool none the less, I have mega appreciation for the new GTR after watching the development that went into it and how easy it laps the Nurburgring.

True, it did ok considering the cost. But 20-25k!! Where are they for that price? This one is second hand and is still double that.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-151905254.htm

I have driven the old version of this car and it’s not quite a match for the rest of the field, would be nice to see Nissan do a hard core Skyline. I think they are going to be bringing out a 3.7ltr version in the next year with a bit more grunt though.

It was a guess on my part. Even $47k is a world away from any of the others.