Sign in to follow this  
pjay

Trans is gone

Well over the weekend my trans went.

The trans light is on and originally she went into limp mode - 3rd gear only.

After limping her home, i replaced the ATF fluid, hoping it would be something simple, but nope.

Now i only have 1st and 2nd, she refuses to change into 3rd, 4th or 4th overdrive. Not making any noises, not doing anything else out of the ordinary, except not changing any higher than 3rd.

I do have a manual conversion card on the table, but need the auto trans fixed first ASAP as she is my daily driver.

I am out West auckland, in henderson to be exact - Near Lincoln road, and would appreciate if anybody could advise me where i can go for a diagnosis and repair.

Im wary of where i take my car, so if anybody can recommend somewhere trusted, id rather that, than taking her somewhere new.

Thanks

Tow it to Glenn I would have thought...

Too many Reverse to Drive burnouts eh? ;)

Jokes... bad luck man, that sucks. Hope it's nothing too major.

Mmm well if i cant find anywhere, I can limp her to Transco in New Lynn, friends friends place but would like that as a last resort.

BotanyMworks was the 1st place i thought of, but i'm keeping it local because id prefer not to tow. If i have to tow her in then then i have to, but for now, id like somewhere close by. Besides, i know Glen will tell me off for not having the trans flushed like i was advised :s

Well cars in at Transco - friend of a friends place.

He reckons the high clutch is gone. Will be fixed by next week.

Sweet

I know Glenn will tell me off for not having the trans flushed like i was advised :s

Naughty boy Peter :angry: However it probably wouldnt have prevented it

Sorry to here that its happened though. Hope they do a good job, and do the converter

Yeah i know Glen. That'l learn me. He mentioned something about the torque converter. Im waiting on a call once hes dropped the trans out so he can let me know exactly whats wrong, and a solid quote.

When we spoke yesterday, the figure hovered around the $1800 mark

Have an 80,000 k trans and torque converter for $650 if the costs start getting out of hand.

Regards Ray

ps. $1000 installed

Edited by HELLBM