Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Olympic Weightlifting Accident

I was disgusted they put that on tv last night! The lady on the news was smirking when talking about it, they did not warn you what was going to happen, and then BAM! I was cooking dinner and I felt sick and traumatized after I was made to watch it! So sad and sick people are getting kicks off his twisted pain.

I was disgusted they put that on tv last night! The lady on the news was smirking when talking about it, they did not warn you what was going to happen, and then BAM! I was cooking dinner and I felt sick and traumatized after I was made to watch it! So sad and sick people are getting kicks off his twisted pain.

yeah but these people choose to do a sport like weightlifting and therefore put themselves at risk to situations like this. It is human nature that watching something like this happen will give people a bit of a "ah sh*t" buzz so you'll never stop that. For it to reach NZ news is pretty dumb though, you tube or MTV or something are really the only places I expect to this kind of thing.

Pippa and what's his face were having a laugh about it on Breakfast this morning.

TAB sports cafe last night mentioned it but didn't show it.

TV ratings and all. Getting a head chopped off with pictures attracted attention too.Nah radio with out pictures then.

Nasty!

They did warn you on telly so if you watched its your own problem.

yeah but these people choose to do a sport like weightlifting and therefore put themselves at risk to situations like this. It is human nature that watching something like this happen will give people a bit of a "ah sh*t" buzz so you'll never stop that. For it to reach NZ news is pretty dumb though, you tube or MTV or something are really the only places I expect to this kind of thing.

Yup - when you are pushing the edge sometimes sh*t happens....

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!! His scream and shaking says it all.

Very rare to see at this level though.

Weird, all the videos have been removed.

They did warn you on telly so if you watched its your own problem.

I think I was watching TV3 and they lady was smiling as she said this man would not be lifting weights for some time, she did not say why, she let the video show for itself, no warning what so ever.

I feel his pain. Sort or looks like my arm after I broke it arm wrestling! Only thing keeping it together was my skin. 2 big plates and 15 screws was the final outcome

I saw it in science class because everyone was talking about it and I missed it originally. The teacher put it up on the projector and at that exact moment that the weights dropped I think I went deaf from all the chicks screaming, bloody hell!

So what went wrong? Broken bone? Dislodged joint? I am curious.

Sort or looks like my arm after I broke it arm wrestling!

Serious!?! :o

Never again am I ever arm wrestling!

Compleatly snapped my humorous bone (the main one from shoulder to elbow). Wasnt a clean snap, it was what they call a spiral fracture. If you imagine unraveling a toilet roll or glad wrap tube, thats what my arm was like. Just couldnt take the pressure and something had to give! Massive snap like you wouldnt believe.

Serious!?! :o

Never again am I ever arm wrestling!

Ha ha, yeah never again for me. I cant even bare to watch someone arm wrestling. Funny thing its quite common to break it doing that. When I went to hospital they said "wernt you in yesterday" someone else had done the same thing the day before!

I think I was watching TV3 and they lady was smiling as she said this man would not be lifting weights for some time, she did not say why, she let the video show for itself, no warning what so ever.

They warned those with weak stomachs to look away on TV1 Breakfast yesterday, and encouraged children to watch lol.

Dislocated. They popped it back and he'll just have to wait a few months for the ligaments to heal plus lots of physio and rehab. He'll lift again if he wants.

I wonder how many elder people have complained about it being on television??

No different to showing the movie Elizabeth on channel one. Older people lapped up that movie.

Only difference to a movie and that weightlifting clip is one is real... and one is special effects.

was at the gym when it happend everyone there was watching it live lovely sound hearing everyone "arrrrrgh" in time

I feel sick & traumatized EVERYTIME I cook dinner !! :lol: