Sign in to follow this  
Matty104

Matty104s E30 325

Its great to see a tech II in a colour other than black, white or silver.

+1!

looking HOT Matt!

Def need an e30 photo shoot in the not too distant future!

Have fully made the car "Your own" :)

PS: Nice editing Jase

My gawsh Matty! That colour is sex on wheels :D will turn heads when you lads come for a road mish over these ways.

Nice mate, colour is sweet.

Have you changed your mind yet about getting tech 2 spoiler?

Heres the newest preasent for the e30 after a quick polish , will be going on soon when i get my corrolla to go brooom brooom again, (dam extractors melting all my starter wires.)

post-3318-1252646484.jpg

post-3318-1252646499.jpg

edit spelling

Edited by Matty104

MINT PICS BRO, did you get you exhaust sorted , did you see jase's rims?

Edited by kerry

thanks em

kerry: yep i saw them when he got home this arvo, looks pretty sick ay , and the exaust is almost ready, picking up a system from wayney for a good price so should be on when i get back to work in a week.cant wait

Oh my god.

Your car looks SICK!

T H ATS bECAUSEEE IT ISSS!

looking mint matty! keep it up brother!

, did you see jase's rims?

did i whaaaat! W O AHHHH mmmmmmmmmm

heres my other project that i built myself from THIS

To THIS

yeooow love that lil beast, congrats on all the hardwork, its a true lil gem, all worth it

Looks nice - thanks for sharing the pics.

I'm loving the number of tidy, well modified and good looking E30's around lately.

Cheers

Grant

Update:

The headers and exaust are all done, bit of an upgrade from the 2ltr manifold and smaller than 2ltr boogy system i had on there.

It now sports the set of wayneys headers in the pics above, and a 2.5ltr facelift system , i will be changing the tips very soon as the look a bit to small from what im used to having on there.

Changes: revs to limit rediculasly fast now, Blody nice sound, have yet to test the performance on the openroad.

Pics will be on later when i get hold of a camera

Next things to tackle :(will need suggestions on how to remidy these)

Solid urethane engine mounts?: when the engine rocks under acceleration its rocking so much that it pushes the headers onto the steering arm, which vibrated throught to the steering wheel, (sounds like a wastegate :ph34r: )

and the headers JUST touch the knuckle on the universal joint, what to do???

and i couldnt run the heatsheild on the steering arm , (is this going to melt it exsessivly?)

So all steering related problems, which does worry me a bit

Matt

Guest FrantiC

IMO I would address the motor mounts first. Get solid Urethane ones, They hold down very well. My exhaust runs right up maybe 1mm against the firewall and it never seems to hit unless it is idling rough and shaking real bad from misfiring.

Could also get lucky and the mounts lift the engine to where it should be sitting (if your current mounts are rubbish and sagging) and move the headers away from the steering linkage.

Edited by FrantiC

Was there any welding needed ? stright bolt on to factory exhaust ?

not so much straight bolt on, kerry had a hell of a job getting them on, the mid section was supposed to be clamped to the headers but the clamps were the wrong size so he welded that up, then just welded the end of the mid section to the facelift exaust,

ended up taking 6 hours bacause of all the problems he ran into

Looks tidy bro, good effort.

I had a few little problems getting mine onto the block but dropped the steering rack and pulled the Uni joint away and they fitted. They only go on ONE WAY though eh... have to twist them in just right :).

Mine is nowhere near to the heatshield either, I just grinded maybe 3mm off it and it's sweet. Mind you I haven't really driven it more than 10 metres...

Ireland Engineering do them, but they aren't cheap.

Nice car Matt, good to see your taking your time slowly modding it and spending money in the right places. I like it alot.